Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Not only No, but HELL EFFING NO!!!!! That would be totally effing moronic.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's no realistic way to get Manning and bench Sanchez unless Sanchez agrees to a big pay cut and my guess is he'd rather hit the free agent market in that situation and see what he brings.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You just continue to delude yourself with your hate for Sanchez, based likely on statistics. Because if you were interested in the Jets winning the Super Bowl, you would be trying to figure the best and most realistic solution to the problem, and not the most dumbass and most hype-driven solution.

Peyton Manning just signed a 5 year, 90 mil contract with his team in the offseason. Then he started having extensive surgery. And now the Colts have all of a sudden decided to CLEAN HOUSE.

They fired their staff, and rumors have been out forever that they are looking at Andrew Luck.

Can you please just pretend to be a person with a rational line of thought for a second? These are red flags.

You want to be believable? Suggest a realistic solution. You'd be one-up on the retards that cover the Jets' beat.

#403 abyzmul, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  4. Mr. Green Pants

It's kinda tempting, but I voted, "No." Too many things would have to come together, in a short period of time, for that sort of gamble to pay off with a championship.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It depends is it a healthy Peyton that plays like the Peyton of old, or someone who could barely throw the ball 25 yards.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Both. Id love to see Manning in a Jets uniform if we could somehow make it work but I wouldn't want to give up the future for a couple years from someone who may or may not be healthy enough to play.

7. DanR

DanR Active Member

Absolutely not.

8. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

That had nothing to do with Sanchez.

I get why the Colts are doing what they are doing. But I also know that Manning will be available in a few short weeks.

My solution, if you think Manning is a pipe dream would be to draft a Brandon Weedon, let him get a chance to beat Sanchez out, and if he doesn't, give Sanchez one final year. If he sucks again, look at Barkley, Bray or Jones next year.

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I hope you remember that sentiment if Manning is here next year and he has an MVP Caliber year. Please remember that you not only didn't want Manning, you absolutely didn't want him.

I honestly dont get this notion of not wanting one of the 5 best players to ever play the game. It is stunning. Truly stunning.

10. jgangstahippie7:18

$ not worth the injury risk.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Lets sign Lawrence Taylor to a contract in order to solve our passrushing woes!!!! I mean he is a top 10 player of all time. Whats to lose?

12. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

How do you know it will be 7+ years of mediocrity?

You really want to get rid of Sanchez that badly, then?

13. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

replace "could potentially" with "guarantee" it was a reply to someone else's similar post.

I'm not anti-Sanchez, but I think I'm pro-Manning.

14. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Fair enough. But with this news of the Dolphins planning to go after Peyton may force Woody's hand here......and that's what scares me.

Let's say we get him, we manage to keep him upright, but we FAIL to win a SB the entire time he's here which shouldn't be but a couple of years.....then he retires, and we're left with what exactly?

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

A huge disappointment of two years and then we draft a young QB in the 1st round by trading up, we let him develop for a few years... But he doesnt develop that fast enough (even though showing promise) so the fans want him out and the organization decides to move on and sign the next HOFer thats past his twilight years...

Its a viscous circle.

16. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Hell no!!!

17. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

As do I. I like how our fans just like to play fantasy football with a real team.

18. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Lets get Tom Brady to the Jets once Peyton wins us a few superbowls and the Patriots decide to go with a younger QB. After Tom wins us a few more superbowls, Aaron Rodgers should be up there...

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

Just like Favre won us a SB, sounds like a plan!

20. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

if we see manning in a jets jersey it will truly be a step backwards for this franchise. its an admission that we failed with sanchez and i don't think this team is ready to admit this yet.