Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

That's not a condition, that's me indicating in a clear fashion that I was comparing the Jets receiving corps in 2008 with the same in 2011. Keller's age isn't a condition, it's a clarification.

Anyway, we're arguing without much actual disagreement. Holmes is a scumbag. My point was that with Favre 2008, he probably doesn't show it, so it doesn't affect the team. He doesn't mouth off to a HOF QB and he probably doesn't have reason to anyway.

It was all hypothetical and none of it matters. The only actual point I was trying to make is that the Favre signing wasn't as horrible as it's painted these days. It almost worked.

And the reason I made it was to illustrate the potential benefits that Peyton Manning would provide. Holmes should go, but if he doesn't, he would probably behave for a superior QB.

2. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

He is gonna retire.

He ain't healthy...

And if you get Manning and Bench Sanchez...and Manning gets hurt, you are left with Sanchez has no confidence and will be a complete disaster on the field...

3. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

You all realize if we sign Manning we are left with the same team as this season minus Burress and LT right? We'd have no cap room to sign anybody else. Manning is a dead man with our line if Hunter is watching his blindside.

4. Mantana Soss

Then he has no business being an NFL quarterback.

5. Mantana Soss

Do you realize we were the league average in pass protection?

Manning's superior pocket presence and quick release would make it look like we never had any protection problems.

RT will likely be fixed anyway. Cutting Hunter gets us 2.5M, 2M for Eric Smith, Sanchez's cap number for 2012 is 14.2M, you know that's going to get cut down. We'd have SOME room to operate.

6. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

Yeh for sure needs to happen

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

hope your right or at least they address these two areas. I'm not sure they will and that's the scary part.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You want to apply the level of Favre 2008 without taking into account what we now know about him from 2008. Favre took a year vacation in Jersey before he got what he wanted - a chance to stick it to the Packers for hurting his ego. And he masterfully accomplished that task after he orchestrated his release from the Jets.

That whole situation puts your scenario in jeopardy.

The one thing that matters in this repartee is that the comparison to Manning is inept.

So I will just step back and let the thread resume.

9. Dirty6Sanchez

So who's this white knight that's gonna ride in (while being affordable) and save the day by replacing Wayne Hunter? Who's going to play Safety? The Hot Dog Vendor we sign for minimum? Don't we need to get faster at linebacker? What about our Wide Receiver issues?

Don't get me wrong here, if you could guarantee that Peyton Manning's neck wont snap in half after our Slapdick LT that allowed 9 sacks misses a block, then sure I'd be all for that. However, cutting corners on all other parts of the team to get one guy of unknown health is just asking for trouble.

Giving up on Mark Sanchez after year three is not the right move. We could potentially set ourselves back for 7+ years if manning doesn't work out.

10. Mantana Soss

Or guarantee 7+ years of mediocrity.

At T: Demetrius Bell, Levi Brown, Anthony Collins, Max Starks, Vernon Carey, Jared Gaither are all available options upon quick glance. There's a lot out there.

Names for S could include Reggie Nelson, Tyvon Branch, LaRon Landry, Michael Griffin, Dashon Goldson

There are probably 20 quality FA WRs.

11. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

People have no clue what Peyton had done and pretend to know what his future holds.

Saying Peyton is one hit from paralysis is ludicrous. He has as much chance to be a hit from paralysis as any other player.

12. Dirty6Sanchez

I just can't see us having the $$$ to get those holes filled plus Peyton. I'd love if I were wrong.

13. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I am still in my mid 20's, so I have grown up when the Jets were pretty decent. But I know for sure I dont buy this Jets being cursed crap.

We were just outplayed by Denver and Indy and Pitt.

But I also know for a fact that in my life the Jets have never had a true franchise qb, unless you count Favre. Vinny T was good, but not great. Chad was good, but snake-bitten. And Sanchez sucks. So, yes, I badly want a franchise qb, even for only 3/4 years...

14. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Really? So a team he won 10 games with goes 2-14 and Manning cant turn a heaping pile of shit into an all pro team? By my count, Manning alone made the Colts 8 games better.

And lets be crystal clear, if Manning was a Colt this year, they win 10 games again.

15. Mantana Soss

Manning was a Colt this year.

16. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Yup, if he is here for 15 years and has sucked for all those years, people will still be making excuses for him.

Sanchologists will never quit.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The entire team just had 3 surgeries on their spine?

1-15, as long as they're playing the Rams.

18. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

You know what I mean.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Two words - salary cap

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

The salary cap will be the very last thing that keeps Manning from being a Jet.