Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

ILB were more than set for this year, braylon fixes the wr corp cheap, olb is getting addressed via draft DEF not FA, then safety well likely get a cheap fa + draft one.

The only questions in the Manning saga is can he play/stay healthy, and what happens to Sanchez. Nothing else matters

2. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Just as James Hetfield once said....

But Manning is not coming here. It's just a gut feeling. Could be acid indigestion, too.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Sadly, its not the end. You can force you’re opinion all you want (and I do agree with you to an extent), but with Tanny and Woody calling the shots, the SB that we have to watch and all the NY hype and expectation, this subject will not go away until Peyton either retires or is under contract with another team.

I seriously think that with the Giants or the Pats winning the SB will cause Tanny to want to do something EXTREMELY over the top. What better way to do that than sign a top 3 QB thats ever walked the face of the earth.

I dont really want Manning as a Jet, but it actually could happen despite the cap situation and all that.

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I think if the Giants win the superbowl Peytons either a Jet or retires. Nothing else, no way on hell do they let the Jets return to the pre-rex jets being a second hand team

Because there simply aren't any other insane moves this team can viably make that will capture the spotlight like that.

Not to. Mention we all saw on the new papa johns comericial that Peytons perfectly healthy and ready to play soon !

5. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

And nobody has adressed the biggest issue of Peyton coming here at all. The comericials. If Peyton Manning is a jet I guarentees he breaks every single nfl and sports record for comercials in both quanity and frequency ever. Not even close

And to make it worse I'm sure hell have his younger half retarded brother Eli in a huge chunk of them

6. Braylon4ever

I really hope Woody has more sense than to make rash decisions.

I think, though, that it all depends on what happens in the SuperBowl.

If the Giants win, that might force his hand. If they lose, it's Status Quo.

7. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

A torn ACL is a serious diagnosis too, and doctors will tell you how serious it is. Unless you are his doctor though, you should not talk with certainty about his medical condition. That is my point.

As for being a coach to Sanchez, that is still disrespectful to Manning. If he is here, he is going to be a starter. No other situation where he is here.

10. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

No, I honestly dont think Carroll would give the Jets more than a 4th round pick for Sanchez. He didnt get Leinart, who he always liked more than Sanchez, when he had a chance.

And again, just because teams like the Skins need a qb doesn't mean they will give you anything good for Sanchez. The fact that he would be available means there is something seriously wrong with him as a qb.

But again, time will tell who is right. And the odds are very great that I am right on this point.

11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Rex will not want Peyton and Peyton isn't playing here and probably not in Indy, either.

The guy is 1 hit away from being laid up for 3 months again. His vertebrae had to be FUSED.....this is not a broken bone or ligament problem.....it's his neck.

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

This. Woody is probably depressed today. He is not going to keep Mark Sanchez as his qb when his 2 biggest rivals are going to the SB. The chance of Manning being a Jet is now about 75% if he is healthy, and if not, I would not rule out RG3 being a Jet.

But one thing is crystal clear, Mark Sanchez is probably not an NFL starter next year, and if he is, his leash is going to be so short that if he throws 2 picks, he is losing his job.

13. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

i have a better chance being on the coaching staff than rg3 does of being a jet

14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Peyton would never come here, the guy has respect for the game and wouldn't sully his reputation by joining this circus. Honestly after watching Rex's sexual nonsense, the fact that his players are lining up to toss the QB under the bus after only an 8-8 season, Rex's blustering and bravado that fires up defenses, why would Peyton in a million years want to join this franchise? Why would anyone really?

15. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

RG3 will be a top 5 draft pick.

No way in hell the Jets move up into the top 5.

16. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Why? They did for Sanchez. Not sure why they wouldn't for RG3.

The Jets have a history under Woody of going after potential franchise qb's. If Manning is not here, I dont think that will change this off-season.

But, if they fall in love with Tannenhill, they might trade up for him if they dont get Manning..

17. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

/facepalm

if you dont know why not rg3, then youre hopeless

18. Braylon4ever

You keep thinking that....maybe if you wished REAL HARD, Mark Sanchez will disappear...like Magic! Wow!

:rolleyes:

"When you wish....upon a staaarrr....."

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

As unlikely as I think it is that Peyton ends up in NY, Im starting to think it would solve a lot of problems. People complain about lack of team leaders especially on offense. Well getting Peyton would be getting the ultimate team leader. Guy works and studies harder then anyone else and you bet your ass people will want to play behind him. Problem is signing Peyton would mean trading Sanchez which would look like a classic Jets move which would only be worth it IF Peyton wins us atleast 1 ring.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Do you think before you type your posts or are you too distracted by the titties in your avatar?

Are you really comparing this to 2009..... when they didn't even have a starting QB on the roster (and no, after a tour of nfl backup duty obviously Kellen Clemmens isn't one)?!?!?!?!