Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

But, but, but, you have to look at Schitty and the play of the Rb's and wideouts....thats the excuse that is given. In al reality you are exactly right, if Matt Millen is hired as a GM again and wants to give us a first then I will help pack Marks stuff

2. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Today changes A LOT in the Peyton Manning situation. Peyton Manning is a very prideful player, he knows hes the best QB to ever play the game, and in spite of the fact that Brady has said in the past the Peyton is better than him, you never hear Peyton respond in the same way saying Tom is better, and that's because he knows he isn't. And we have a situation now where Peyton is either going to see his little brother get another ring (one more than him) or see Brady get his 4th, which is only going to throw more people on the Brady > Peyton bandwagon.

You have to think for a competitor like Peyton, eventhough he may be happy for his brother if he wins, he has to be a little pissed that he is being outshined right now and his career is being glossed over by players like Brady, Eli, Rodgers, Brees, all of whom people have said are better QBs than him.

If Peyton still has that competitive fire in him, he is coming here if he is able to. Same city, same stadium as his brother, same division as his arch rival, Brady, if he wants to go out with a bang and settle all accounts it needs to be done here, not in Arizona, Miami, or Washington of all places.

And to all you pro-Sanchez people, i don't know about you, but today pissed me off more than any football sunday this year. I am tired of seeing the Patriots win, I am tired of being outshined by the Giants. And I quite frankly don't give a damn how bad it looks for the organizaiton to dump Sanchez, if it means we are closer to a ring then you pull the trigger and get Peyton in here. Having a championship as consolation for being known as a mercenary team is just fine with me. The truth of the matter is we have a better chance at a SB win with Peyton in his twilight than we ever will with Sanchez, and you all know it.

3. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Quoted for emphasis

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And you know what, if Brady winning the Super Bowl means Peyton coming here for less to win, then so be it. The Patriots can win 100 championships, as long the Jets win that 1 we will all be satisfied.

5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

amen!!!!!!!!!

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Sanchez is in his 3rd year, franchise qbs play for 15+ years, I would expect him to improve significantly up through his 7th year or so.

Compared to all the other young qbs I don't know how you can't say Sanchez hasn't been promising. Considering his OC/WR situation he is impressive. You might need to take off the SOJ blinders tho.

That said after today I want Peyton more than ever. The Jets need to win and win now damnit, the afc as a whole is a heaping pile of shit, so now is the time

7. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I know if I was 36, one hit away from serious injury, after playing my whole careear in a dome the 1st choice I would have is a cold weather stadium with no roof. Also the whole main receiver being a malcontent locker room cancer and the o-line being swiss cheese.

yeah, I'm sure Payton can't WAIT to come here.

Ya know, or go to AZ and play in a weak division in a dome and throw bombs to Larry Fitzgerald all day long. But sure...why not New York.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

AFC is clearly down. The Jets with Peyton could rip this entire conference apart and win 12-14 games and host the playoffs.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah got to AZ, never win anything, and get murdered by the 49ers D twice a year. Sounds great.

10. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Only team in the entire afc who deserves any respect is the Texans. They should be in the sbowl more than ANY team in the nfl by a mile, but tragedy screwed them hard.

Our window basically closes as soon as mangold and dbrick hit 34ish so this teams gotta get going

11. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Agreed except....Peyton ISN'T coming to the Jets, IMO.

He'd sooner retire than come here to this mess.

12. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

We don't know what's going to happen the off season, people said the possibility of getting asomugha last off season was an impossibility, yet there we were with the 3 day long asomugha sweepstake. You don't know what's going to happen -- at least make it clear that what you're saying is an opinion and subjective.

13. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Its not really a mess.

Hell most of it was just guys hoping for Peyton to come here anyway.

The rest was Sanchez problems, which shouldn't really effect his choice

14. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

He said imo, which imo makes it pretty clear its an opinion and subjective

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Asomugha sweepstakes was the worst thing that happened to the Jets this season. Every team that made a major effort to land him missed the playoffs including the team that got him.

I'm betting the same story is true for Peyton Manning this off-season but for different reasons: not the irrelevance of the position he plays in terms of lots of wins but the factors that made him miss last season after a decline in 2010.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

The fact that I absolutely know Tanny will go after Peyton scares the shit outta me because we could royally fuck ourselves. No one ever thinks about us chasing him and missing out...

I mean, this offseason is absolutely CRITICAL. We need some help on this team, and if we miss out on Manning I am almost positive that many other FA’s will be off the board by then too. At that point, our season could potentially be tanked right there.

Its a very important factor that everyone over looks.

17. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Imagine Tanny spent as much time trying to get an impact pass rusher instead of going after an unnecessary CB.

You don't win in this leauge with great CB play, you win with a pass rush.

The fucking Pats have converted WR's and dudes off the street in their secondary.

The Giants have a rookie who broke his foot and missed all of pre-season, a safety playing the slot, a nickle CB playing as the #2 CB and like 5 other starters on IR.

Dosen't mean shit when the opposing quarterback is looking at the dirt.

18. Braylon4ever

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? [​IMG]

What part of "IMO" don't you understand?

"IMO" stands for "IN.....MY...OPINION". okay? Okay.

#258 Braylon4ever, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Even if Manning would consider coming (which I don't think he would), I'm sure he wouldn't sign until AFTER the Jets sure up the O-line and improve the WR position. He's not coming to a team that can't protect him and has no downfield threat to throw to.

That would still leave holes at the safety position, ILB, as well as no pass rusher. Just too many needs and not enough cap space.

20. Braylon4ever

yep. I mean.....if we had the pieces that the Niners do, he'd be here in a Heartbeat.

But....We don't. So, IMO(that means "In My Opinion", PraisebetoRevis. :rolleyes: ), Peyton isn't coming to the Jets.

The End.