Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

They will ditch him for Peyton Manning? Probably.

But Peyton, IMO, is not coming here so the point is moot.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm also really starting to wonder if Peyton is going to retire. Maybe he doesn't want to steal the headlines from Eli while he is still playing, so he is waiting for the season to end to announce his retirement.

I'm basing that on nothing other than a gut feeling.

3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

6th round pick? Have you lost your mind? There's absolutely no question at all that if the Jets shopped him it would start with a 1st rounder and go from there.

4. KWJetsFan

Absolutely no team is giving up a first rounder for Sanchez. No way, no how.

5. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

All you people who think Peyton is retiring, what in the world are you basing it on? If he was going to retire he wouldn't have stuck around rehabbing all season long even throwing in practice. His own father says he isn't retiring same with his agent. The guy doesn't want his lasting image to be him facepalming at the ineptitude of his own coach inexplicably calling a timeout that sabotaged their season last year. He is playing next year, it's just a question of where.

6. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

most anyone would give is a 2nd. I'd be thrilled with a 3rd.

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Try basing your assertion on reality and past history rather than your anger about him not being Dan Marino. A top quarterback wouldn't be dealt for anything at all by his team. A good starting QB would get multiple picks, and a guy like Sanchez who has, whether you want to admit it or not, shown he can play as a starter in the NFL would get a #1 at a minimum.

8. Braylon4ever

YOu mean.....Rob Lowe didn't tell you? [​IMG]

9. Braylon4ever

I would say a 3rd rounder is the Highest it would go.

A 2nd Rounder for him would be highway-robbery.

10. KWJetsFan

Let's put it this way. Say Sanchez had the same career he's had with the Jets for another team. If the Jets only QB were Kevin O'Connell and some team was dangling Sanchez for a #1 pick, would they take him? Hell no. They would go to free agency. I like Mark, but at this point to think he is worthy of a #1 is just plain wrong.

11. KWJetsFan

Gut feeling......and Rob Lowe. :grin:

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

You can start by asking for 8 1st rounders. No gm in their right mind will give you anything higher than a 5th round for him.

That might upset you, but that is almost a fact.

13. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Come on man, 3rd is the highest?

For Kevin Kolb, a 2nd and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie..

Doesn't matter, I'd be pissed if we traded Sanchez for that.

14. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

What past history?

Which shitty 5th pick of a draft got his team a 1st rounder.

Please, name one.

The only guys that get 1st round picks are either proven winners (Carson Palmer), projects with potential, or extra qb's. Failed qb's dont net 1st round picks.

And again, just because you like him, he is not netting anything higher than a late 2nd day pick.

As someone said, lets pretend that you were a gm and Tanny called you and was like, "I will give you Sanchez for your 1st round pick." Now, you can sit here with no money on the line and pretend that Sanchez is great. But if your paycheck, and your family's financial well-being was on the line, would you say yes to that?

15. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

If his salary wasn't so damn high, and I'm a team like the Cardinals or the Redskins, Yes, depending on when my 1st round pick, I can see some GMs/teams contemplating taking a chance on mark.

16. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Again, you are talking as a fan. Not a guy whose career is on the line. You really would not even consider trading a 1st round pick for Sanchez if you were a gm.

17. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Your argument is complete bullshit.

You asked a question, and when it wasn't what you wanted to hear -- you say it's because I'm a fan.

Are YOU a GM with a career on the line? Oh..no? Then your opinion is null and void as well.

Edit: Also, to elaborate: I'm on the fence on Sanchez, but if Kevin Kolb can get a 2nd round and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, I think Sanchez, who has a winning record, 4 playoffs wins and an outstanding Playoff performance...If someone told me some shitty team with a shitty QB took Sanchez for first, I would not be surprised by any means.

#197 NYDeadEye, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  18. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

It's not that it wasn't what I wanted to hear. It's that its just wrong.

You are talking out of your ass if you think you would trade your first round pick for a shitty qb as a gm. That is a fact.

And you know how I know that I am right and you are wrong? Because when Manning is a Jet, and if Sanchez isn't cut, he will be traded for a 2nd day pick, at best. No team will ever even consider giving the Jets a 1st rounder for him. They would rather take a project and wait for Barkley and Landry Jones.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

Wow. Have you lost your fucking mind? God I thought you were dumb, but this is just in a different realm. A 6th round pick? Wow. Just no.

I dont care how bad you think Sanchez is, but at least dont let your ignorant thoughts cloud all aspects of your football knowledge (or lack there of).

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

A completely useless post with nothing to back up your thoughts.

Dont worry, after he gets cut or traded for nothing, and Kate Upton dumps him, you can go and suck his dick. He will appreciate that, and you clearly would like that too..