Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

All of this is funny.

First , Brett Farve was in the groove and probably would have taken us far in the playoffs , but he got injured or was tanking games. The coaching staff deserved to get canned because they did nothing. They were afraid to remove the great Brett Farve or screw with his consecutive game starts. Clemens probably could have pulled a win out of his ass and that season might have been different.

Peyton Manning is not guaranteed to be anything like he was before! I remember seeing a spot where they broke down the force Peyton puts on this body especially his neck region with the cannon ball's he was throwing to his receiver's. Lets not also forget if he is anything like his old self our receiver's will also be going threw a learning curve with how fast he throws and the timing of how he throws. (see Plaxico Burress and mark Sanchez)

Mark Sanchez albeit needing a lot of things to be right ; IE running game ,solid line, good receiver's is our best option now and going forward.

#161 JUNJOBX2199, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  2. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Haha..uh...no. [​IMG]

Clemens sucked no matter who the OC was.

Agreed. Mark needs a deep threat. Now where can we find one? Hmmm....

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

^ You couldn't mean Braylon????? Hm.

4. Braylon4ever

AAAH!!

What a SPLENDID idea! [​IMG]

5. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

why did it go wrong in San Fran for Braylon?? excellent run blocking WR that can also stretch the field .. would figure he would fit right in that offense .. i assume injuries?? either way, would love to have him back .. he was good for Dirty last year and a beast in the PO's ..

6. Braylon4ever

Collided with Vernon Davis in a Pre-Season game(knee to knee) and was never really the same, although his inability to get on the same page as Alex Smith may have also played a part.

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

My bad, you're right. Forgot he played for Kotite.

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

No you're being naive. Mark is Woody's guy just like Brian Shottenheimer was going to be the Jets QB in 2012 two weeks ago.

Read between the lines, the rah rah talk for Mark is bullshit. They will ditch him for a better QB if they get the chance.

9. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

come to NY peyton, show little brother who big brother is.
    and also outplay eli :)

10. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

Peyton's neck's gonna rule him out. the dude's done. if he come here it's gonna be to back up sanchez

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That won't work. After 1 incomplete pass from Sanchez the crowd will chant Peyton's name.

12. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Not only that but you really think Peyton fucking Manning is going to be a back up to anyone? Nevermind Mark Sanchez.

13. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Mike, on the surface what you say could be correct, but EVENTUALLY you have to pay the piper. Tanny has done the money manipulation that you described for the past 3 years. He even got a lucky break in the new CBA that wiped out $10MM in dead money. However, now his options to create cap space through restructures and releases become more limited as each year passes until there are none. Respectfully I think the Jets are approaching that point this off season.

BOTTOM LINE - one of us is right, and only time will tell. We shall see over the next few months

14. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

Given the description of Sanchez you provided, why in the hell would anyone give you a 1st and 3rd ...hell, why would anyone give you a 1st? If you see all those problems Sanchez has, don't you think every other teams sees them as well? For the guy you described, you'd be lucky to get a 4th.

15. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

If they legitimately think they can get a Super Bowl out of it, I'll take cap hell for the next ten years for one of those haha.

As I said, it might not be smart. Tanny's been doing it for years with lesser talent. That's the problem though. He put us into a bad cap situation to build a Super Bowl contender. They never lived up to that hype and now he's going to have to pay for it. If anything, I think Peyton Manning would be Tannenbaum's last ditch effort to get that ever elusive Super Bowl.

16. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

This is arguably the dumbest thing you have ever said in support of Sanchez.

And, what medical school did you go to to enable you to make such a bold proclamation. I am assuming it's not a good school like Harvard, Hopkins, Yale, Michigan, Duke, Penn, etc.., because guys that go there know that they need to capitalize the first letter in a new sentence. But that leaves out probably any school in America. So, what are you basing your medical diagnosis on?

17. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Agree. Any Jet fan that thinks any GM is giving the Jets any more than a 6th round pick for Sanchez is kidding himself.

Aside from many Jet fans who dont look at his play objectively, there are not too many people out there that think he is an NFL starting caliber qb, let alone a franchise qb.

18. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

He really does have a pretty serious injury though Mil, and I've read a bunch of articles FROM doctors who know the situation with Peyton, this isn't simply a torn ACL/MCL where you can rehab non stop, this type of Injury CAN NOT be rehabbed the only thing Manning can do is wait for the symptoms to stop and for the nerves in his neck to hopefully regenerate so he doesn't lose strength in his arm. Hes one of my favorite players in the NFL so this is speaking objectively when I say we very well MIGHT have seen the last of Peyton on the football field.

19. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The Seahawks might, depending on how much input Pete Carroll has.