Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I always laugh when i read posts like this. If peyton plays next year it will be because he was cleared by some world class doctors to play. You may THINK he won't be a jet, and that's reasonable but to say he won't with authority is silly. Tannenbaum has been known to make things happen.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I don't even think it's up to Tanny. If Woody wants Manning and is willing to make it happen, what choice to Rex and Tanny have?

Whether Jets fans like it or not, Manning = PSL sales, and that will ALWAYS be the bottom line for Woody. Not saying I agree with it, but if he becomes available, I think Woody will at least look into it. If it's realistic, he will try to make it happen.

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Well if they explained to him that when Peyton retires/dies in 3-4 years and we have no qb that psl sales should drop significantly.

I don't think Woody is an idiot, football and business its all about the long term

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Oh yeah? Was Peyton gonna play run defense in the Raider game? Or field the kick off that Cromartie fumbled? What exactly did Sanchez do wrong in that game?

5. The_Darksider

That's not necessarily true. He would have made a big difference in a bunch of games, even with the poor line. That's not a knock on Sanchez, just a testament to how much of a difference an elite QB makes.

The Patriots, your boys, are a collection of misfits and journeymen without Brady. And if you say that's not true, I will lose every ounce of respect I have for you.

6. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

What difference does it make if I said it with authority or not?

Maybe next time I'll whisper it.....

*psst* manning is not coming here. Pass it on... :rolleyes:

Oh and if Manning is cleared to play, then it's a very big risk he and his doctors are taking. I mean...hey...It's his life(and his neck literally) but anyway....

And yeah. Tanny has been known to make things happen : Both Good AND Bad. [​IMG]

#126 Braylon4ever, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  7. The_Darksider

I am completely against the Peyton move, and I am a Sanchez supporter in as far as he's young and learning.

But an elite QB makes a tremendous difference for any team. I think the Jets would have won at least 3-4 more games with an "elite" QB in there. And Peyton, when healthy, fits the bill. That's not a knock on Sanchez; every team in the league that doesn't have one of the elite guys can say the same thing. Peyton just happens to be the guy we're talking about. It's like saying the Jets would have been great in the 80s if they took Marino instead of O'Brien. DUH!!!!

Saying the Jets would have won more games with Manning in there in 2011 instead of Sanchez is the height of being obvious. But he wasn't here, wasn't even on the team, was actually hurt so if we're gonna get into hypotheticals, he wouldn't have made ANY difference because he was out for the year. And to assume things will be exactly the same in 2012 but with a better QB in there is just as ludicrous.

8. The_Darksider

I thought that was on Parcells for not guaranteeing he would take him?

9. Braylon4ever

I remember there was a time when Mark Sanchez was given a Year to get his shit together and show us something or he'd be out the door. Remember those days? Now all of a sudden, it's Peyton Manning this and Peyton Manning that. I'd rather give the kid a shot before shooting him(career and all).

10. The_Darksider

He couldn't have had both Keyshawn and Manning, Keyshawn was the #1 pick that would/should have been Manning.

11. The_Darksider

You left out the part that, with the Jets luck, Manning takes a hit and ends his career. Three neck surgeries, man. Neck!!!! Your "healthy" Peyton Manning scenario presupposes quite a bit.

12. The_Darksider

Well, most of them.

13. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

You went to med school?

14. Braylon4ever

No but I don't see what that has to do with my opinion.

If the Doctors say he's good to go, then according to them he's good to go. Can't argue against them....but that said, the RISK is still there for re-injury.

Now please take your un-witty retorts elsewhere....

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

Do you honestly have to ask that question? What decently smart person would not realize that neck injuries are a serious injury with any sport, let alone a contact sport. Now, Manning doesnt just have a neck injury, he’s had 3 neck surgeries. You realize that the neck controls body movements right? Like as in a throwing motion?

This whole “are you a doctor?” shit is about as asinine as it gets. If you’re too ignorant to realize that having surgery 3 times on the same body part (neck, not his foot) for a 36 year old is actually a tole that human bodies are just not meant for, then Im sorry.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

You also swore up to last week that the 49ers "sucked" this year, so.....you know nothing. Happy to quote you if you'd like.

Also, you clearly aren't a businessman. Sales are year to year depending on how much money you can make/sustain the loss. Every year you have an opportunity to change your fortunes with a new business plan/strategy. It may work, it may not, but you change said strategy when it benefits your business.

The business' that stay the course have the money to fall back on their losses and don't have to take the mortal financial hit. A CEO that has the patience to bide his time is a big plus. Woody has already proven to NOT be that guy (Favre) on a regular basis. Woody's inability to state Sanchez is his guy means he's open to other options which I think he will pursue. Right or wrong, he has that right.

Again...argue that the 49ers suck this year, or that they won because Smith had a good 4th quarter against the Saints and that's the ONLY reason they won. (TROLL)

#136 KWJetsFan, Jan 21, 2012
  17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

bottom line for this entire thing is if Manning is healthy and he is willing to come here then you have to do it. Mark at 15 mil or whatever he is making or Manning at something close to that? Draft a QB or leave Mark here and tell his ass to take a pay cut, and let Manning teach him or the rookie....

#137 blackssmagic, Jan 21, 2012
  18. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I dont think Smith was a big part of why they won at all, their defense stepped up and NO played some sloppy as shit football (turnoveritis much?) The niners were solid and their defense definitely deserves some respect now.

That said in the nfl making $$$ makes more sense to make sure youll have fans for the next 10 years rather than the next 2

19. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Too many pretend doctors here.

Firstly, no team is going to offer a player a contract unless their own doctors feel he's OK to play. No matter how much somebody wants a healthy Manning, nobody is going to ignore their own doctors and just blindly give him a contract.

This idea that the Jets or anyone else would offer Manning a big contract while he's only one hit away from being paralyzed or out of football is stupid.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Keyshawn was drafted in '96, the year before Parcells arrived. '97 was when the Manning fiasco happened, and when Peyton stayed in school, Parcells traded down anyway and selected James Farrior.

Who looked like a total bust up until he walked to Pitt in FA and turned into Superman.