17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

What a kind heart that man has, god bless him. Truly heartwarming

*giggles*

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

[QUOTE=sg3;]
    "if I were an UD STH not in the first four prime rows, I would use a three step approach to improving my situation.

Second, if that upgrade is not available, (and if I were not as committed by principle to no PSLs) I'd explore with the reps an upgrade to LLEZ or Mezz B seats (4K PSLS) or for only an extra thou, Mezz A or LL Corner seats (5K PSLs). This eliminates ALL the cons of the Upper tier and provides a STH with a very good game view and easy access. It is possible that there are some of these low priced seats available now due to defaults, deaths, moves, job losses, et al and probably some more will come do in April-May when season tickets have to get paid for by contract. Obviously there is a PSL cost to deal with but with whatever longterm financing is available the annual amortizations are relatively minimal and, believe it or not, the value could increase as it has in every single other venue where PSLs were required."

Sg3,,Take your meds or layoff the KOOLAID

This guy giving advice is laughable . Same guy that " saluted Holmes " for his actions,,,,or said that Manish Mehtas article was fairytales---the only guy on here telling fairytales is you sg3 ,,,,,why don't you tell us all how wonderful things are with the Jets rite now but I stray

If you guys are really done with season tickets,,--run don't walk there are oceans of tickets available and after this year there will be even more available. If you still want to sit upstairs you can get tickets up there for a lot less money and most likely better locations than u now sit. Why deal with the reps and their line of shit ? Hell you will save hundreds on the preseason alone
    If you want to sit downstairs,,,why on earth would you want to spend a few thousand on psl's ? I don't care if they are 2 , 4 , or 5 grand , whatever the price you do not have to pay that amount to go to games ! There are so many tickets available----best of luck whatever you decide but do me a favor,,,,,come back here and post next year and feel free to tell me whether you regret listening to me,,,my guess is you won't :beer:
    If any of you do deal with the reps,,,please post how that goes as with everything currently that is going on with the Jets we all could use some comic relief :lol:

#13162 CBG, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Justbread an article on my phone with jets app about woody and heard on 1050 that jets ticket prices will remain same for 2012.

I know people were thinking uppers would be lowered and psl will go up.

Do i think if they made the playoffs they would go up yes. So we shall see in 2013

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

CBJ

This message is hidden because CBJ is permanently and forever on your ignore list.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

What kind of laughable bullshit is this? I mean,... seriously sg3,... either deal with CBG or don't. But don't be a fucking pussy and "ignore" him while posting your own "hidden ignore list."

How fucking ridiculous.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im sure he will reply but it appears as though sg3 has gotten himself a 7 day timeout.

7. Section 227. Row 5

I'm sorry. I missed confronting him before his timeout.

Then again, all children need timeouts from time to time, so this is perfectly acceptable in today's society.

When he's done with his timeout, I need to talk to him. Sg3, please contact me after you remove yourself from the corner.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just when I thought my day could not possibly get any better I log on to read this wonderful news :)

What did he do throw sand in the sandbox ? Unreal,,you mean there are actually other people on other threads that the SHILL does not play nice with :lol: Enjoy your weekend all and the next 7 days I know I will.

In keeping with the thread---the new place leaves alot to be desired---thank goodness I did not purchase a PSL

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I heard Woody Johnson on the Kaye show the other day and his quote was " we will not be raising ticket prices THIS YEAR ",,,,,,,,,,I think this is great for everyone :)

What surprises me though is that he DID NOT say we are still working it out or that has not been decided yet, I mean the money is not due for a few months there was no reason that he had to say anything yet .

My guess is the Jets understand that people bailed in droves last year and expect more of the same especially after this season. It is going to be a very interesting off season that is for sure .

CBG < -----" no longer on SG3 's permanent ignore list because SG3 is once again banned for 7 days "

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i plan on taking full advantage of the situation

11. Section 227. Row 5

I was watching an interesting show last night on the guys who founded The Home Depot. I forget the guy's name, but one of them now owns The Atlanta Falcons. He bought the franchise with the money he made on the Home Depot stock.

So what do you think was the first thing he did after he bought the Falcons? The franchise was a mess and attendance was putrid. So he decided to apply the same philosophy he had applied when they founded the original Home Depot stores.... KEEP THE PRICES LOW and work on volume.

So he buys the franchise and immediately LOWERS the prices of tickets and now the stadium is sold out and he's making money like a fucking bandit. Pretty smart guy. Fill the place up at reasonable prices and you'll make more than trying to rape the hell out of a 40% sold out stadium.

Woody needs to confer with this guy and glean some of his marketing philosophy and business savvy. Put people in the seats at reasonable prices and your bottom line is bigger than if you try to score big on a handful of stupid suckers willing to pay crazy-high prices. Sure, you make money off of those stupid bastards, but your stadium is half full and your bottom line suffers. You also make yourself look like a flaming asshole while having the fans that ARE in attendance looking at one another and scratching their heads over all the riff-raff in the stands and the empty seats, wondering to themselves if this is all really worth it.

Success breeds success. But Woody's philosophy is suck on a few suckers and the hell with trying to fill the place up. He should be LOWERING PRICES instead of even leaving them where they are. Even $40 a seat upstairs is better than no ass in the seat at all. Stupid asshole.

12. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Arthur Blank....who was born and raised in Queens.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A---I know you will :beer:

227 I never had heard that story---gracias :beer:

CT jets,,,,I knew his name but I did not know he was a queens boy :)

CBG < -----" no longer on SG3 's permanent ignore list because SG3 is once again banned for 7 days "

14. Section 227. Row 5

How does this guy keep getting himself banned?

I mean, we know he's an asshole but I don't think being an asshole is grounds for banishment. Maybe colossal asshole qualifies.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, that's the guy. What an incredible story and business philosophy.

I've been saying for months now how Woody could fill the stands, and if Arthur were to give him advice, it'd probably be the same as mine. He's got to find the price point. The tickets are obviously not priced at what the market will bear. Align the prices with what people are willing to pay and you fill the stadium instantly. It's not rocket science.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 , I am still laughing :)

I am sure you have read the other threads and the stuff he has posted . He writes stuff that is beyond description,,I mean in reality sometimes things are good other times they are bad---in his world everything is alwys rosey and green and the Jets entire organization never does any wrong . I am sure if we look hard enough we can find posts that say how great Shotty was and now that he is gone how much he sucks :rofl2:

in keeping with the thread---> can anyone who actually attended games this year and sat upstairs tell us of major changes that were made to that level to improve conditions from the previous year ? I have heard of none but I could be wrong ,,,,,,,,

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Can he buy the mets????? Please!!!!!! Arthur, if you're reading this, I will switch BACK to Home Depot from Lowes if you do.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

They (and we) caught a break with better game day weather in 2011 than in 2010, so any improvement occurred because of mother nature. There's absolutely NO excuse for a stadium that allows fans to get absolutely soaked while riding the escalator. That didn't happen this year.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Fucking Patriots....

20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Does this really belong here? Lmao but I agree with you post