Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. laxin

laxin Active Member

I think he was being sarcastic....

2. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Would you have wanted to be Jet if you were him 15 years ago?

3. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

He has a SB, and made it to another with a flawed team.

His problem has always been a bad defense, something that the Jets dont have.

4. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

It's football, anything can happen on any given Sunday.

If this was 7 game series like the NBA, I promise you that great qb's would never, ever lose. They would be like Kobe Bryant - just racking up championships.

No one in their right mind can say the Giants are better than the Packers, or Eli is better than Rodgers. But on one day, when the Packers could not defend hail mary's and the Packers kept fumbling the ball, the Giants won, and Eli was better than Rodgers.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Oops. my mistake.

Yeah, a blind man could see we were going to be good w/ Parcells.

The flaw was the QBs play in postseason where he threw away the SB in his last trip and was anything but great en route to his lone SB title.

His defenses have allowed less points than the suppsoed great NE D's that Brady has had, the Colts problems in January are #18. He has led those high powered O's to 14 PPG in their playoff losses- that's not on the D.

6. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Fair point, but it's not like the Colts had done anything of note since moving from Baltimore, either. We had already hired Parcells by then, and I doubt year one under Parcells could have been any worse than Kotite's 1-15 year.

7. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

HEre is the link to the ENTIRE ARTICLE

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...y-Johnson-New-York-Jets-Peyton-Manning-011912.

A VERY IMPORTANT PART WAS SEEMINGLY LEFT OUT OF THE ORIGINAL LINK: (nOT THE FAULT OF THE POSTED THOUGH. jUST THE PRESS ONLY SHOWING WHAT THEY BELIEVE IS RELEVANT)

Johnson did sound later as though the franchise is thinking about Sanchez for the long term.

''With Mark, you have a 25-year-old quarterback that you can develop,'' he said. ''You can have a quarterback for 10 years with a guy like this. These guys are not available everyday.

''We have a lot of confidence in Mark. We think he's our guy. We're blessed that we have a guy that we feel can climb the ladder and he can do everything. He's got the work ethic and has all the ingredients in place to be a great quarterback.''

Johnson indicated that new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano taking the reins from the departed Brian Schottenheimer could help Sanchez. Sparano, hired last week, said he wanted the offense to be ''explosive,'' but also wanted a focus on running the ball — as the Jets did in Sanchez's first two seasons.

''My feeling is that Mark is the kind of guy that will learn from this and get better,'' Johnson said. ''We are going to try to make the offense maybe a little bit more suitable to what Mark's development is.''

He added that the blame shouldn't be placed all on Sanchez, despite his lousy finish, but agreed that he might need a backup who could help challenge him.

8. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

lol gtfo here Miami scored 13 point on our defense.... 13 POINTS!!!! and you're blaming our defense... lol Sanchez homers

Giants did nothing on our defense except the 99 yard play. That game was solely on our offense

The Raider game was lost due to special teams.... Cromartie is a defensive player so theres your reason to blame the D

The second Patriots game, at home, while the defense wasnt spectacular the majority of the blame goes on our offense and Sanchez's interceptions

Denver game... yea they gave up a game winning drive but that makes 10 POINTS SCORED ON OUR DEFENSE.... HOW DOES OUR OFFENSE NOT OUTSCORE THEM???? oh wait Sanchez throws a pick 6

9. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Oh but if that exact same scenario happens in Jets games its all on the defense.. right?

10. nyjunc

The O and QB get blame w/o a doubt BUT the D allowed the game changing drive. How do you allow a Miami O led by Matt Moore to go on a 21 play, 12 1/2 min TD drive to take the lead?

That 99 yd play changed the game completely, instead of going into the half up 7-3 or 10-3 we were down 10-7 and took a punch to the gut.

Blame Cro and STs all you want but the O went on a 90 + yd drive to pull w/in 7 in the 4th w/ plenty of time and the D allowed Oak to take time off the clock and kick a FG to end it.

The 2nd Pats game we scored w/ just over a min left to take the lead, the D allowed Brady to go 80 yds in a minute to score a TD and get the lead back then in the 4th we came back to pull w/in a TD and how does the D respond? allows a 7 minute TD drive to extend the lead to 14 pts

11. nyjunc

we haven't scored as few as 14 in any playoff losses though.

12. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

maybe because every other situations sucks.

He wants more rings, we have a defense that is actually a strength not a liability like the ones he had with the colts. Where else is he going to go and have a shot at a ring? Washington? Seattle? Arizona? Give me a break.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

If Peyton is going to come here we need to trade up and get him a new WR. I don't think Manning would want to come here with Holmes and his mess as his #1 and Plax if hes even here any longer as his #2.

14. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Come on junc, really?
    Yeah the D wasn't as good as it has been but in those games we lost how many were lost because the O couldn't mount any resemblance of a comeback or get us a lead in the first place? And how many wins were generated as a direct result of our D?

Guys, Please stop comparing the turnover machine know as Brett Farve to Peyton Manning the greatest regular season QB the NFL has ever seen, it's disrespectful.

Favre was 4 years older than Manning when he was with us and was injured half the season. Also for the guys that want to chime in about "he'll never be the same after surgery" if you don't have PhD in arthroscopics or neuroscience just don't talk.

Give me Peyton at 50% over a fully healthy and confident Sanchez at 100% any day!

One more thing, anyone who thinks we wouldn't win 12+ games with Peyton is asinine, and you must not watch football. How many of the games that we lost this season would we have won with Manning...? I say we may have lost one, maybe 2.

15. nyjunc

The O got us back in the Oak game and both NE games beofre the D extended the deficits.

I don't buy any of the excuses for the D, they allowed too many big plays and game changing scores.

Peyton at 100% and in his prime was a choker in postseason w/ better teams around him.

We may have won 12 w/ Manning then lost in the WC round and we didn't win only 8 mainly b/c of the QB. Manning would have been running for his life behind our OL and our D blew more games than the O. It's crazy for people to think the only problem we had was at QB.

16. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

If Manning is here, Reggie Wayne will be his number 1 wr. And I do think Jeffrey is going to be a Jet.

The receiving core will be:

1. Wayne
    2. Jeffrey
    3. Kerley
    4. Late draft pick/veteran

17. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

If Sanchez scored 10 touchdowns but our defense also gave up 11 touchdowns, and the score is 70-70 and Sanchez goes 4 and out to lose the game... is it his fault we lost?

Obviously im using extreme numbers but the concept is the same as what you are saying the defense does

18. nyjunc

Did you know that in exactly ONE playoff loss Peyton led his O to at least 20 pts? and in that game he had 2 critical INTs that prevented points in a close loss. If Peyton was losing the way Rodgers did to Arizona 2 years ago I wouldn't give him any blame but he has been the main culprit in more playoff losses than the D.

19. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

nyjunc,

I have to ask man, seriously and no disrespect intended.

Are you somehow related to, or friends with Mark Sanchez, or someone in his immediate family?

There are a few people on this board that do nothing but defend Sanchez in all aspects. Its like they get butt hurt whenever anyone mentions anything bad about Mighty Mark. It really is sickening.

We are talking about one of the greatest QBs to ever grace the NFL and he is being dismissed as nothing to keep Sanchez.

I know every team has some bad apple, or ignorant fans, but my god. Stop setting your standards so low.

You probably still Idolize Joe Namath, who has simply not that good of a QB. In fact, he was mediocre at best.

He only completed 50.1 percent of his passes for his entire career.
    His career QB rating was a lousy 65.5
    He threw 220 interceptions to his 173 touchdowns
    He had a record of 62-63
    He led the league in interceptions four times, and touchdowns just once, with 19.

In the moment Joe Namath is most known for, it was the New York Jets defense that won the game. Namath threw for 202 yards and had a 83.3 QB rating. That's it. He didn't throw a touchdown. Hell, he didn't even throw a damn pass in the whole 4th quarter. How the hell was he the super bowl MVP!??!?!?!?!??!?

Oh and for those that do not remember, the score was only 16-7 DESPITE the fact that the Jest Defense got 4 Interceptions.

So why do so many people still love Joe Namath?, HIS PERSONALITY. he is just like Rex.

Mark Sanchez sucks, plain and simple. He is the little engine that could, but never did. Much like Kerry Collins, a 5th to 6th overall draft pick that posts backup numbers. Sanchez will be a career backup QB, mark my words.

The Jets with a healthy Manning win at least 4-5 more games and finish at least at 12-4 with absolutely NO OTHER CHANGES.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

Do you honestly get the significance of THREE FUCKING NECK SURGERIES for someone playing a contact sport???

We would be risking way to much, we could set our franchise back more than 5 years. The only way this works in our favor is if by some miracle, Manning can play more than 2 years. The likelihood of that is pretty slim because one hit to the head and he could lose all power to lift his arm past his shoulder.

NYJunc isnt defending Sanchez as much as he is defending the fact that it takes more than a QB to win in this league. I guarantee he’ll admit Sanchez had a bad year. But so did this entire organization from top to bottom.