Jets to hire Tony Sparano as Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I thought he was a good OC but no, I did not love Shotty. I think he became the scapegoat for our struggling O when he was not the biggest problem. I was all for replacing him, just not with a guy like Sparono. If we don't hire anyone else to help run this O, you will wish we still had Shotty.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You keep saying we will all wish for Schotty back, why in the world would we want a shitty OC back? I very well may wish we hired a different OC other then Sparano but I will gaurantee I will never wish for Schotty back.

We know Schotty sucks, he has been sucking for 6 plus years. We don't know about Sparano. All we know about Sparano is in his limited work in this position he was highly successful.

3. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

At WORST, we'd just want a new OC/QB.

I really cannot fathom the possibility of wanting Schotty back, ever.

All that would happen if we have a complete offensive collapse (again), is probably just a HUGE backlash against Sanchez, and possibly a new OC.

I doubt anyone who isn't currently Schotty fan, will ever want him back.

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

we had Bozo the Clown as our OC

Sparano is a million miles better than that fiasco

5. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

All i know is we need another TE that can catch the ball . Watching these games so far its such an advantage . Its a speed mismatch vs a linebacker and size mismatch vs a safety or corner .

Going down the line Graham , Davis now the two scumbags on the Pats . We need to get an elite TE athlete . Hopefully Sparano goes big with two tight end sets and we get someone in here who can catch it.

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

certainly a replacement is needed for Matthew "The Yellow Flag on two legs" Mulligan

7. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Schotty will not be missed by me. Seeing how ineffective our offense has been this year and in years past we needed the change. I wanted Jackson to get the job but I think Sparano will do a good job here. He's going to mold the offense to play towards Marks strengths which is what we need.

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Hopefully Cumberland recovers well from his injury. Kid's got the Size to be a beast Tight End. Like Dallas Cowboys TE Bennett

9. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

We made it to 2 AFCC games with Shotty. If our offense is worse than it was this past year, "And it will be under Sparono" you won't wish you had Shotty back? I didn't mind that Shotty was replaced. I just wish we got someone other than Sparono. People may not ever want Shotty back, but If it came down to choosing one over the other IE.. Sparono, or Shotty which is what happened I would have rather kept Shotty. Everyone else will be saying the same thing next year when our O is worse than it was.

To the guy that said Sparono was highly successful in his limited work in this position. He has never been in this position alone. This was a horrible hire, and those that think otherwise are blind homers who probably liked Hunter at RT.

10. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

I will NEVER wish that Schotty was back. I think he's awful. I'd rather have just about anyone other than Schotty. We know what he can't do and what his flaws are, and they are many. Sparano may be ultra conservative, but I expect that he will fix a lot of problems that Schotty created.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We hardly even knew ya. Thanks for the bullshit offense Sparano.

12. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

its always fun looking at these things after the fact

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I really wanted to love Tony Sparano's offense but he got hit in the neck by a total lack of talent and a sideshow that never should have been on the sideline. It's one and done and after the first game we rarely got to see anything other than a parody of the offense that the Sparano hire seemed to promise.

Here are the questions I have on the way out for him, the exit interview so to speak.

1. Why did Shonn Greene suck so badly for the first half of the season? How did he turn it on after the bye to finish with almost respectable numbers?

If he'd been running as hard early as he did late the Jets are probably more respectable on offense overall and maybe Sanchez isn't run out of town effectively by mid-season.

2. What was the point of putting in Tebow in the wildcat when you knew you weren't going to get much out of it after seeing him in action the first quarter of the season?

I understand the extra timeouts with Sanchez angle, but you called several timeouts making the switches during the season and I don't think you got out of it what you expected. I also know you did this occasionally with Chad and Ronnie Brown in 2008 so it wasn't something completely out of left field. It didn't work well this time.

3. Why did the Jets not run play-action and go up the seams with Sanchez more often?

This is the most bewildering question of all. You have a play-action QB and you're seeing the running game get stuffed. Why didn't you start taking shots up the seams to loosen things up? If Sanchez was that bad then you guys should not have had him on the field at all. Were the WR's just incapable of getting separation even with a play fake involved?

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

^ Sanchez's deep ball sucks. I'm sure that didn't help to say the least.

you guys shouldn't have bumped this, the thread title is going to give somebody a heart attack.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Butt Fumbles,Failed Wildcat plays,Sanchez INT's non stop, Greene for 2,11 sacks on MclRoy,Inept playcalling,Drops by Hill,Redzone problems,Tebow drama,Sanchez benched,=Tony Sparano worst hire in Jets history

16. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

ouch..............

17. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Initially I would've gone with Kotite over Sparano. But then I realized that without the clusterfuck of the Kotitian regime, maybe Tuna doesn't see the ultimate reclamation project and never joins the Jets.

So, until we see the final ramifications of the damage done by Sparano and who takes his place, I think you're right...

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

never, ever , thought i would say this,

but i would take paul hackett over sporano.:eek:hmy::hackett:

19. ekaarons

ekaarons Member

sparano

sparano must go.he was a loser with the dolphins and he is a loser with the jets

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Most of those things aren't Sparano's doing.

Bill Walsh couldn't have coordinated this group to success.