Jets to hire Tony Sparano as Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

What's the under/over on how long before the "SCHOTTY WASN'T THAT BAD" thread appears?

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Probably the same as the "George W Bush Wasn't that Bad" thread. Infinity?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sparano was the OC in Miami?

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

meh... While I'v been vocal in my disapproval of Schotty since Favre was here, I'm not thrilled about this hire.
    My Thoughts of Sparano were on par with the posts of the past few Dolphans. I'm also not a fan of the co-cordinator concept.

I want to be wrong. We'll see.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Don't try and reason with him. He and junc refuse to hear anything that makes too much sense.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

This is retard. What the fuck is going on with the Jets? This shit is turning into more of a circus than a championship bound football team. First, Taylor now sparano? What's next... Zach Thomas? Don't let him make Freedom fries!

Can't wait!

7. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Thanks, this is something positive

CrashDMB237 says:

Man some of you people are fucking amazing. This fanbase is never happy unless they have something to bitch about. We just got rid of one of the worst OC's in the game, someone who has a 7 year track record of producing below average offenses... and we replaced him with someone who had a 5th ranked offense the last time he was an OC and was responsible for bringing one of the most unguardable offensive schemes into the NFL.

Sparano was not a good head coach. Luckily, we didn't hire him to be a head coach. When he was in Dallas, Romo took over midseason. He CATERED to Romo. He used two tight end sets, he got the run game going (and NOT up the middle all day), and he set Romo up to succeed. That was Schotty's biggest problem! He had no clue how to cater to what he had on the field. With Sparano, I believe we will see way more of what he did in Dallas and Miami than what some uneducated fans want us to do and throw the ball downfield all day.

I think we will see Sanchez rolling out, I think we will see an outside the numbers running game, I think we will see Keller get a big boost (see: Witten/Fasano) and I think we will play EFFECTIVELY. Look at the dog shit Sparano had to work with in Miami since Chad left. He dug up the Wildcat to nullify his shitty QB. When he had Pennington, he catered perfectly to his talents. They STILL had a potent offense despite being one of the worst teams in the league for the two years following that!

And if we can add Haley, that's just a bonus.

This is a good move, but I wouldn't expect the Jets fanbase represented on this site to understand or accept that.

Thanks for your perspective and fact finding. Good job!

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It's a move that signals giving up on Sanchez & the passing game. Signing Haley would signal that they haven't given up on Sanchez. Get'r done

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You mean like when they went to the Super Bowl? Kurt Warner was a key part of the equation, but don't pretend the rest of the offense doesn't matter when a team gets that far.

You have been pulling Schotty's pud for a while now over conference championship appearances.

10. BroadwayAaron

How quickly people forget Warner was done before Haley got to him. Leinart was starting. Warner was barely given the opportunity. Haley didn't start calling plays until the 2008 season, and what do you know, ALL of Warner's numbers went up in 2008 from the year before.

But yea, it was Warner making Haley look good... give me a fucking break.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Rex has always wanted to run the ball, this is his first chance to hire an OC, let's see how it goes. I don't think that means you're giving up on the passing game, the key for either one is you have to block. The greatest play calls in the world don't work if you can't block and guys are dropping the football. Not sure how much of that was Schotty's fault.

12. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

What don't you get...

He is ultra conservative by nature...

Guess you didn't watch our offense go into a shell once we got into field goal range...

At the head coach, he had input into the style of our offense and he choose to play it super safe and go for the three points...

He was supposed to open it up more this year after being criticized for being too conservative...Guess what he did...he still went the ultra conservative mode and we started 0-7...

Oh well. You all will see it next season. Your hatred for Shotty is making you all think that anything is better...

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

He wasn't very conservative in Dallas as OC is what we are arguing. When you know, he was actually in the position he is in now with the Jets

14. BroadwayAaron

You can't be this dumb. I'll put it in caps, and seperate the lines so maybe it will make things easier for you to read:

SPARANO WAS NOT CALLING PLAYS IN MIAMI

SPARANO WAS CALLING PLAYS IN DALLAS

SPARANO'S MENTALITY IN DALLAS WAS DIFFERENT THAN THE DOLPHINS' OF THE PAST FEW YEARS

THEREFORE, YOU CAN NOT DRAW SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE TWO

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Never going to be made. Schotty was that bad. Maybe a thread called SPARANO IS JUST AS BAD AS SCHOTTY WAS could happen.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sparano was the OC in Miami?

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Those stats make you wonder why Sparano never took over play calling duties in Miami.

19. BroadwayAaron

Because that franchise does close to nothing right.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The more I think about the Sporano hire, the more I'm okay with it. Haley would be a welcomed addition as well.