What camp are you in about Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Jan 11, 2012.

?

Do you think Sanchez is the answer for NYJ's?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2012.
  1. Yes

163 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No

77 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

for 15 fuckin million i want someone that can do more than play to not lose the game

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol:

So none of the ten Sanchez threads and POLLS were good enough? We needed yet another one? Good grief. Some people have the attention span of a goldfish.

If they fix the oline Sanchez will be fine. No more Schotty means no more failure to establish the run and stretch the field.

3. Mr. Green Pants

I'm cautiously optimistic he'll become a good NFL quarterback, simply because I've seen him do things that guys who can't play just don't do.

4. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I wouldn't wish that on him this week, could care less about what happens to them in the NFC Championship though.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=1867043&postcount=270

I still feel this way about Sanchez. The great detour that the Jets took this season towards a pass-first offense was a mistake. The talent levels on the team also declined and so we got a nasty finish out of it.

If the Steelers had thrown away Ben Roethlisberger after the first season they asked him to carry the load, when they went 8-8 and missed the playoffs, where would they be in that tough AFC North?

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Who in the NFL would you compare to the gamblers heart/game manager criteria? I was trying to think and the best I can think of is maybe Big Ben or a Tony Romo but both scramble a lot more than Sanchez. Is it sort of what the 49ers did this year except you expect Sanchez to be and play better than Smith?

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm still on his side, but one more lackluster year and I could careless if he's scrubbing the floors at McDonalds. I am giving him one more year under a new OC in Sparano to prove that he is above average and the long-term solution at QB in my books.

8. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Question I've been wondering about :

Everyone here is saying how Mark has one more year to prove himself and if he doesn't, he's out.

But what does WOODY think, though?

If Woody feels that Sanchez should be given more time, he might decide to keep him here.....Jets fans be damned.

9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

You're right - it's ultimately his team and not ours. That being said, if his $10M+ investment produces negative returns two years in a row with no hope of turning the corner, Woody knows what to do.

TLDR; 1 year for Sanchez.

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'm in the camp that believes he needs to work harder and improve, but I still feel that he should be our starter, and could still become an excellent NFL quarterback in time.

11. Braylon4ever

But if they make the playoffs next year, what then?

12. sg3

sg3 Banned

Mark Sanchez is going to lead the Jets to Super Bowl Championships and eventually be inducted into the HOF in Canton

FACT

13. Braylon4ever

I can't tell whether you're being serious or sarcastic.

14. NYJMONKEY

NYJMONKEY Member

you have to give sanchez one more year with a different OC and the last year of his contract. IF 8-8 is the worst our record is going to be then thats good. They always overreact. Unless were in the playoffs we suck. sanchez is good enough. Count how many INTs were his fault and how many drop passes his receivers had.

BRING BACK BRAYLON EDWARDS

15. MontrealAlouettes

I have little faith in Sanchez but he deserves one more chance.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He has been in the same system for 3 years and regressed a lot this year.

Just watch him in the pocket, has little to no pocket presence, doesn't know how to move in the pocket, chronically throws his passes behind his receivers or over their heads. Has no touch on his passes, locks in on one receiver and doesn't know how to check down to options 2, 3 and 4 on any given play. He crumbles quickly when he feels pressures and doesnt know how to elude rushers and step up in the pocket to make a good strong throw.

His athleticism is the only thing that's above average. He gets by because he can run and makes plays when he's on the run outside of the pocket.

However those are broken plays and those shouldn't be the norm rather the exception.

He is not a good starting NFL QB. Below average. He'll have a shot with Sparano but I only think it hurts the long term interest of the team to keep him.

We have a lot of other good pieces on the team and if we just draft a good QB in round 2 or 3 or go after a good young vet QB then we may have a chance next year.

17. akibud

akibud Active Member

he is... until we can find someone better. Hopefully, that happens sooner than later.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm in the "He has shown flashes of brilliance, but has also looked like hot garbage on occasion, and think that it would be hasty & premature to already give up on him, when considering age, exp, and the good performances, but realize he has alot of room for improvement starting with his mental toughness and attitude." Camp...... that one :breakdance:

19. DanR

DanR Active Member

I cant answer the question. I'll give him 1 more year.

20. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

I'm still a shareholder for at least another year