The Phins Fans are having a good laugh at our expense...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

a lot of people hoped the people who built the hidenburg knew what theyw ere doing too

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You would be surprised how few people actually get the reference, considering the fact that Die Hard is on TV like every other day.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

A lot of people also thought that the world was going to blow up during Y2K. A lot of people are morons.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yes....if Haley doesn't come then they will still need somebody else to coach the passing game.

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

You know my uncle Danny?

6. wockenbauss

wockenbauss Banned

Well here is one Dolphins fan who thinks this is a good hire by the Jets. I think most of my fellow fans are displaying sour grapes with their comments.

1.) They get a guy who has coached in their division for the last four years. It’s basically like pooling everything the Dolphins know about your division rivals with everything the Jets already knew about them.

2.) They get a guy who knows the Dolphins personnel, weaknesses and strengths – better than the Dolphins new coach will (assuming Todd Bowles – the only on-staff coach to interview for the position, isn’t hired).

3.) Oh BTW, (as has been talked about in Miami), if Fisher goes elsewhere… and Bowles does get the job (as Mike Nolan and Brian Daboll are well thought of as coordinators, and might be inclined to stay with Bowles)… the Jets get a guy who knows both the offensive and defensive scheme’s of the Dolphins as well as those coordinators do. Heck, he hired Daboll and helped merge his playbook with his own.

4.) When the Jets were good (b2b AFC championship losses)… they were a ground and pound offense, who could throw when they chose. Well Tony Sparano is ground and pound – and regardless of what you think of his work, he always seemed to find some way to run the ball with some success.

5.) If Sparano can handle Ritchie Incognito’s attitude, and turn in into a positive…. not to mention command the respect and attention of an entire 0-7 team – and still have them playing hard regardless… he’s more than capable of ironing out the out of control personalities which made the Jets offense a bigger a story AFTER the last game of the year – than it was before.

The only possible negative, or wash... is I don't see this hire doing much for Sanchez's development, pending additional staff changes (new QB coach). But at this point, is there really any hire that could have been made that makes you anticipate huge improvement from Sanchez? Doubtful.

As I said, I hate the Jets as much as anyone…. but I think people are fooling themselves if they see this as anything but a net positive for the Jets.

7. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Who the fuck cares? They haven't smelled the playoffs in years.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The fucking dolphins have nothing to be laughing about...They are a bigger mess then most teams in this league.

Enjoy Ireland rabies. Matt Moore will surely save that franchise

9. fozzi58

I never did understand why they just didn't say Stockholm Syndrome in the movie...

10. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I am happy with the move. Let's give him some support. It won't take much to improve over what we had.

11. fozzi58

[​IMG]

Good Job

12. dcnr226

dcnr226 New Member

You couldn't be more wrong. Sparano is a hell of a coach. When he had a GOOD qb, he took a 1-15 team to the playoffs (pennington). When he had a competent qb, his teams were in every game (matt moore). The problem was always Henne.

Guys play hard for him, and he doesn't take sh!t. He doesn't talk big, but his guys go hard always.

Chad Henne was our issue. Tony was never given a chance, hamstrung by Henne.

Our loss is your guys gain. Brilliant move by the Jets, unfortunately for us.

ps...most Dolphins fans will disagree with me, but most Dolphins fans...rather, most football fans...are idiots.

13. dcnr226

dcnr226 New Member

Ireland built a great foundation..we just never had a qb.

Matt Moore is very competent. We'll be competing for the playoffs next year. If we got a great qb,..skys the limit.

And if your response is the Dolphins have no talent...well, then you just don't know football.

14. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

He'll be a good addition to your team, a good contrast to your coach..and probably your head coach soon enough..I think he's a good coach that inherited a mess from 1 and 16, had his exec boss quit on him, and still kept the team together..jmo.

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

rather than continuing to spew your SOJF negativity here, clown -- why not just change your handle to jerseyphin0912 and sign up at finheaven with the rest of the one toothed trailer trash

16. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Okay...Who the fuck are you?

'Cause you sure as hell AREN'T a Jets fan. :mad:

17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'm excited about our new O.C, and to make him feel welcome, I got him a gift card to Sunglass Hut!

18. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

If Sanchez sucks again next season, at least we will have another OC to blame. :breakdance:

19. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Maybe we should've hired Vinny Testaverde to be Mark's QB Coach?

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

one mans trash is another mans treasure