Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I blame the bad karma this thread created for recent events.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So... lock it and kill the thing pls!

3. ukilledkenny

Nah, I took a beating in this thread time and time again for saying we could do worse. I think I will have to bump this out of frustration in about 10 months to say I told you so.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Stop!!! Don't say things like that.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You know what?

If Jets do rank within top 5 in terms of scoring (or offensive performance for that matter), I WILL PERSONALLY BUMP THIS THREAD FOR YOU SDF.

6. ukilledkenny

Ha, sounds good.

I didn't do much Schotty defending this year because I wasn't impressed with what was going on so I missed out on the creation of the SDF. The leaders of that group are BB and Alio.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

BB doesn't quite qualify as SDF, neither does Alio.

You know who I specifically have in mind. *Evil grin.*(

8. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

I lmao with the name change of the thread title... I hope that I'm not the only one

9. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

I thank the good Karma from this thread for the recent events ;)

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We should be 15-1 next year now that all our problems have been solved!

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

or maybe our offense will just not suck like it has every year under schotty

12. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Unless Haley brings Cassel with him, the Jets offense will be the same as the previous 3 years.

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

We still have the lack of talent issue to address.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This O was going to be good next year no matter who the OC was IF we fix the OL and get another WR in here(Braylon?). If we don't we'll see the same results

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Thank you for recognizing that. Ftr I never said Schotty was a great OC or had nothing to do with the problems on O.

I did have a very realistic fear, however, that the Jets could do worse with him leaving and hiring the wrong OC in his place.

That and that his departure would, and has, done nothing to resolve the other problems on the O, all still there today:

Questions about Sanchez
    Greene is not an Every Down Back
    Burress can't get Separation
    Holmes is Constantly Double Teamed and Morale Problem
    Keller's Poor Blocking affects the Choice of Sets
    Ferguson Regressed
    Hunter is a Downgrade from Woody
    Ducasse Blows Chunks
    OL needs Bench Strength
    Mulligan is a Penalty Machine
    LT is Getting Older
    Moore is Getting Older
    Slauson is Mediocre
    Brunell is not a real Backup Qb

What did I leave out?

Well, at least the Schotty Haters won't have Schotty to kick around anymore. But something tells me we'll still have plenty of concerns about the O despite that.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. You don't need to thank me for acknowledging that. I knew where your roots were, just like you knew where my criticism was coming from. Fair and square?

2. I think there was a posting about the change of blocking scheme (from complex power zone blocking scheme to simple man block scheme). That should alleviate some of your worries (Ferguson/Hunter/Ducasse/Slauson). On top of that, I was told that Vernon Carey (from Dolphins) is a UFA. He looks like an adequate upgrade from Hunter too.

3. Every down back - Reggie Bush wasn't even work horse back in New Orleans. Look what happened when he came to Miami. That also should alleviate some of your fears along Shonn Greene line.

4. Keller does present a problem - he does not fit what Sparano likes to do. He is not physical, and he is not big. He is virtually useless in power running game. I think Sparano signing seals his fate with Jets. (His contract is up, so I don't see Jets retaining him anyway.)

5. Burress should not come back. Period. Haley is meeting with the Jets today. If he does tag along, his expertise in WR training should alleviate some of your worries along with Holmes. (I would hope that Haley turns Patrick Turner into a quality receiver, if he comes along.) Also, if Haley is indeed instrumental in Romo's development, there is some reason for hope with Sanchez as well. Especially if Jets do commit to power running and play-action passes.

6. Mulligan would be lucky if he is not killed by the time he is released. Jets should draft a big TE that can block and catch - possibly with 2nd round pick. Also, I do not think LT should be retained, and OL should be beefed up too - that is front office job, and I would think it will get done (hopefully.)

P.S. Still I have some worries with the OL, even with Sparano sighting. If there is one thing Sparano's OL does not do well, that is protecting the QB. Unless the QB came with a lot of knowledge and savvy (Pennington) his OL always gave up more than 30 sacks. (That is the cut-line that determines good QB play and bad QB play.) Jets should go grab a good OL coach. If they cannot keep the sack ratio around 1.5 sacks per game or lower, Sanchez will struggle mightily.

#4616 Zach, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Sha-nah-nah-nah... heeeey, heeeeey.. GOOOOODBYE!!! :beer:

I know, I know. Careful what we wished for. Sometimes change can be good. May it be good for Schotty, too.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I meant thank you for setting the record straight, but in any event...

I agree with much of what you say going forward, and it has always been possible that Schotty had some negative role in some of the bad or questionable personnel choices made that hurt the O. And at least some of them can probably be easily fixed, some not so easily. My only point was the need to address those points is still there today as much as it was yesterday.

I particularly appreciate how you also understand that despite Keller's receptions, his role on the team is extremely problematic. Replacing him with a bigger TE would be a productive and very interesting approach by the Jets this off season. Also interesting if they don't take it, btw.

My main disagreement with you is I don't think Greene is durable enough to be an every down back.

As for Schotty, he obviously has questions about his future, but I would not be the least bit surprised if his main emotion today on leaving the team is

Relief.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Very well. That is because I do not even like Keller. I always prefer tough SOBs who don't mind the hit as long as they get their jobs done. Keller is exactly opposite that. When push comes to shove, he literally disappears, even in passing game. With his dismal run blocking, that is a huge no-no.

But then, we wouldn't know if it is Keller disappearing, or the OC failing to put the players in a position to succeed.

Maybe - maybe not. I do tend to think Greene is somewhat fragile, especially for his running style.

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Hehehe. I haven't opened this thread in months, and did today just to see if it was a candidate for cleansing off the front page with a closing. I'm glad I saw this point before I made such a tragic mistake.

Or maybe we need a poll. : )