3 THINGS about Rex on 1050 today Jan 3rd

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CBG, Jan 3, 2012.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I like Rex but this whole debacle has me like many of you wondering what the hell is going on. Today Rex said he is always honest in his pressers and what he says-----and when asked and pressed about NOT KNOWING why Holmes was on the bench at games end he stated that " he actually did not know why " and that he was involved in the game. I still scratch my head but appreciate his honesty.
    But a few things bothered me in what he said today the 2 that jump at me is he actually said and I quote " Wayne Hunter played well this year and actually got better as the year went on " and went on to say how well he played at times ---now I gotta say what happened to being honest ? This is total BS and Wayne Hunter in my eyes is not a decent backup let alone starter!
    Then when asked about his defense , and when Legreca and Kaye asked did he over estimate or about the defense not playing well---Rex disagreed and gave out stats on how well / good they are / were and I gotta say again this is BS this is not a good defense that allows these long drives to Tebow and Miami and Matt Moore----I would rather he say we must improve we must play better and it's unacceptable----same with Hunter---> don't sugar coat it say the guys did not play well--we all saw it and I am sorry this is BS

2. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

This Is coming from the same guy that said "Derrick Mason is in our plans for the forseeable future" and then the next day, he is traded. Rex is not dumb. He is a Coach of a New York Team, and any and everything he says will be put out by the Media. With that said, Rex will say that a 4th String Linebacker is the Best in the NFL, as long as he's a Jet.

3. sect105

sect105 New Member

I know Rex has been to 2 AFC Championship games....But for how great he is supposed to be, the same locker room turmoil occured as it did in Mangini's team in year 3 and he was fired.

Now it is put up or shut up for the big bully!

4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Do you want a coach that throws his players under the bus? Would you want your head coach saying you weren't that good to a huge audience? C'mon, be real, Rex isnt an idiot. I'm sure he knows better than anyone that Hunter has struggled last year but that doesnt mean he has to shout it from the rooftops.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its not put up or shut up at all. Ryan is the HC of the NYJ for the forseeable future. The team sucked this season and he needs to improve the team immediately - and that is totally doable. There are issues to be addressed and I have faith that they will be addressed and frankly its not all on Ryan - Tanny needs to improve personnel significantly and have a successful draft.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Find me a coach who will call one of his players bad in public and we'll be looking at a coach who will be out of a job shortly and unlikely to get another one.

Rex takes that to extremes with things like the Hunter comments but it's an absolute fact that once you go into management of any type and particularly in pro sports you do not bad mouth the people working for you and have any success.

The closest you will get to finding out how a coach really feels about a player before he cuts him is observing his behaviour on the sidelines during games. Even then you just get to see them yell a lot when they are pissed.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The problem is he goes out of his way to prop up people who are terrible without even being asked. He did it with Gholsten first knowing full well he was terrible and would never be a player in the NFL. It's ok when they ask you but just don't volunteer this garbage to hear yourself talk.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

HE SAID ALOT DURING THE INTERVIEW----I would rather he say that this is unacceptable---this is gonna change---anything else but the same old BS !

I mean after Sunday and what Holmes did and hearing what all his own team mates said about him, when not one team mate defended Holmes I can tell you I do NOT want to hear how well Holmes played against the Redskins which is what Rex said---are you kidding me ? I understand that they might want to try and trade this guy but as I said I would rather he say Tones actions were unacceptable and that he is pissed---not he played well two years ago or that he played good in the Redskin game :sad: Sorry guys I like Rex but if he keeps things as they are this will only get worse for us and for him:sad:

9. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

People didn't ask about Gholston? You must have just not been listening. And from what I remember he said that if he couldn't get anything out of him, no one could, and he was right. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.