Sanchez: 32 TD's and 18 Interceptions...Regression?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 3, 2012.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Guys Guys Guys, we are all expecting him to be the next Drew Brees or Tom Brady... its not happening any time soon jeez if he doesnt start making major improvements in his last 2 years hes gone plain and simple just live with it for 2 years

2. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Anyone who just points to stats clearly didn't watch him play.

3. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Please look at the stats, there is only 1 category in which he is the top half of the league... TDs thrown. He's one of the most intercepted, he fumbles the most, he has one of the worst completion percentages, well below average in rating, one of the worst in the league in Avg.

Sacks are not all of the problem, he was sacked 39 times.
    Rodgers was sacked 36(in only 15 games), Romo 36, Roethlisberger 40 (in 14 games), Brady 32, Stafford 36. All of those guys had much better years than him despite taking a similar or greater number of sacks.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He was sacked because he cant make up his mind what to do with the fucking ball not because he had no protection...please tell me that you don't think the best OL in the NFL didn't become the worst in one year.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I notice something at the end of the Miami game.

His tackling has gotten better.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

all those qb's you listed have qb friendly system and bona fide deep threats
    except brady.he has being brady

#66 FJF, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well the O line certainly did not get better. Brick looked pretty bad this year, Mangold was banged up for a while even when playing, Wayne Hunter was a downgrade. They certainly "regressed"

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I agree with displacedfan. Nobody is saying that Sanchez doesn't have to improve on his decision making. He definitely does have to get better and I bet he would be the first to admit that (as would almost everyone else here who is against shipping him out at this moment). However, the pass protection has definitely gotten worse over the last two years. For all those that say "use the eye test" with regards to Sanchez, I say use the eye test when looking at the OL effectiveness. Are they giving MS as much time or the RB's as wide of holes as they did in the first two years of Rex's term? I definitely say no.

The rushing ypc stats definitely indicate that the OL has regressed significantly from 2009 (#6) -> 2010 (#9) and from 2010 -> 2009 (#30). Are you telling me that the same cannot true of their pass protection?

This is the thing that the "Pro Sanchez" people are in favor of. Fix the offensive line. Even bring someone else to challenge Sanchez should he not improve or be a legitimate backup should Sanchez get injured. A quality offensive line that can both give protection and open up holes for the RB's will be the springboard to success whether Sanchez or some other QB is there to benefit.

#68 johnny, Jan 3, 2012
  9. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

what about the other 17-23 Qbs who were better than him this year in rating, completion percentage, YPA and not throwing INTs? The idea that Sanchez is a good Qb being held back by what is around him has no basis in fact, 3 years in he has consistently been a below average to bad QB compared to the rest of the starters in the league.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Exactly. Fix our team, if Sanchez isn't it, we have a strong team and some other qb can step in and succeed.

11. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

lol and then add about 10 more interceptions that were dropped by the opposing team.

See: Giants game where twice Sanchez threw a perfect pass into the defender's hands and he dropped it

You guys are a joke

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It's not that he has regressed, because statistically he has improved in TD's and less interceptions, but the timing of the interceptions/sacks+fumbles were COSTLY. Not to mention bonehead, miscues on his some of his throws.

13. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

LOL the kid threw for 26 TDs with a shitty oline and shitty running game and ran for 6 more in his 3rd season and people think he's Joey Harrington :rofl:

Hilarious :rofl:

14. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

No sir, it is you who is the joke. You come here and belittle those who disagree with you.

Like the saying goes, you are what your record says you are. No "if this happened", "defenders dropped ints", etc. You are grasping onto hypothetical scenarios which didn't happened to help your argument.

You - "Well he almost was intercepted like 20 more times."

The problem is that he wasn't... he wasn't.

As far as I know there is no stat that counts passes that should have been intercepted.

You can continue to daydream about things that didn't happen - but I doubt that it will get you very far when you need to provide factual evidence in an argument.

#74 RobertTheJr, Jan 3, 2012
  15. HOI

HOI Active Member

Why attempt to make sense when we can just cut Sanchez, Holmes....fire Shotty, Ryan...start over with a new QB, HC, offensive system...then everyone on here can bitch when that group doesnt win a SB in year three.

16. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

one show i watched had the jets beat writer on it; he said jet insiders told him that mc elrhoy knows the playbook much better than sanchez does.

fix the o-line, and get a veteran backup , or put mc elrhoy in there if sanchez continues to play horrible. if you're going to primarily be a running team, then you don't need sanchez in there to hand off.

it was telling sunday that kerley's one pass was light years ahead of anything i saw sanchez throw this year. if vick can play, why not give kerley a few reps and see what he can do? he played qb in college, didn't he?

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Why don't you mention the fumbles soxxxxxxxxx?

I like Sanchez but man he was dreadful in every game against a good team this year.

18. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

If there's one analyst I trust for QB analysis, it's Ron Jaworski.

One of the presidents of my company was lucky enough to go see NFL Films a couple weeks ago. He was telling myself and a couple other people all about the trip, meeting Jaws, Hoge, Paolantonio. He said it was awesome, and the guys are just really cool. Anyway, he said Jaws was getting makeup done when Sal winked at my boss before saying "Hey Jaws, what do the Jets need to do to fix that offense?" Jaws barked, "That offense would be fine if they just had a quarterback that could throw the fucking ball!!"

He then took them into a room with tons of giant TVs with game tape and showed them examples of why he thinks Sanchez sucks. He focused a lot on the big overthrow over McKnight's head (I think that's what he focused on in the actual filming as well), but just said that he never makes the right reads, he locks in on receivers, that he basically does everything wrong still.

Take it for what it's worth, but I trust Jaws' opinions on QBs 99% of the time.

19. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

>1 INT per game is a problem in my eyes.

20. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I saw that segment, it aired early Sunday before SNC on ESPN, and I have to say he was right. The play design was actually brilliant and we got the mismatch we wanted(McKnight on Michael Boley) and he just overthrew McKnight by at least 6 yards AND threw it way out of bounds when it could have probably been a touchdown. What worries me about Sanchez is not some of the turnovers its the fact that some of the mistakes he makes should have been corrected after year 1 or 2 and I still don't directly see improvement besides just stats but not on the eye test.