Personal Feelings: 1 of 3 Worst Seasons Ever

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I agree with everything in your post after 1986 (when I was old enough to follow football.) The only thing that made 1999 easier to stomach was the fact that I was in a drug induced haze in college, so it didn't make it quite as hard.

This year had a hell of a sting because of expectations. I think it had more to do with losing talent than anything else. This team just wasn't as talented position by position as they had been the last 3 yrs. I think the JEts with Favre were better than this team even down the stretch when they choked in Seattle.

Oh and FUCK the Giants. Fuck them in the ass.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Really? 4th year is always the breakout?

Can you provide examples?

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Rich Kotite in Philadel.....

.... wupps. Ne'er mind.

Jarmarc..... errr......

Still going.

Ryan Le....

4. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

It was obvious to me that after two championship game appearances, the only things that would show progress would be a Super Bowl appearance, or a division championship and a strong showing in the play-offs. After the Denver game, it was pretty obvious that neither thing was going to happen

The Giant loss was painful, because of all the "Classy" fans who couldn't wait to stomp on Rex & the Jets, but its not the worst season ever('86 was far more painful and the outlook was much more dreary)

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

this was not one of the 3 worst seasons since 1968... That is a pretty unfair and unrealistic opinion.

6. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

If the OP seriously believes what he's saying, he is either (a) insane or (b) on drugs. This season may have been a disappointment based on their expectations, and losing to the Giants to seal their fate reeeally hurt, but the fact of the matter is that this franchise has some AWFUL seasons on their track record.

7. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

This season hurts because there is no way we shouldn't have been able to go at least 10-6 and be in the playoffs before the Bengals/Oakland. Seeing such a lack of discipline and desire this year was especially painful.

2008 was more disappointing for me. Titans at 10-0 in Nashville. We came out of that game at 8-3 after handing them their first loss and I thought we had the best team in the NFL. To slide to 9-7 and miss the playoffs was a long slow fall. To go from the high of that week to the end of that season was painful.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

When Gastineau got the RTP penalty as time was running out...lol....classic.

9. Don

There was a year in the 80s when we started off 9-1 or 10-0 and lost our last 6 games and missed the playoffs...that had to be the worst ever.

10. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Definitely! That year was brutal, especially that game in Seattle. When Ellis threw that monster snowball into the crowd LOL.

11. Todd14

Todd14 Member

I agree that the loss to the Browns in the playoffs in the Mid 80's was one of the worst single game losses (I still think it was a BS call against Gastineau). Second to that for me as a single game is the Mud Bowl. But how about the mid 70's...the last years of Namath and the early years of Todd...Lou Holtz was in there. How about the loss to Tampa Bay and I believe the "Aints"? I believe we had 3 years in a row where we were something like 3-12. Grogan and the Patriots would KILL us. I remember just hoping we would be competivie in games. The original poster needs to get real...

12. Don

It was a bullshit call, it's always a bullshit call that goes against the Jets...he took two steps and then hit Kosar..at the time two steps were allowed...

13. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Regardless of record, 2011 was perhaps the least-entertaining on-field performance I have ever seen. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Horrible.

14. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

some guys are not getting it

he put this season as one of the worst given the expectation that was created before it
    i mean, 2 afc championship losses and then rex comes saying this is the best jets team, everyone's pumped and the team ends up losing bad

Not agreeing with him, just explaining, but now that i've finished reading everyone's post, seems like most people got it

15. Don

When you start 9-1 or 10-0 and don't make the playoffs, it's a downer..we get what he was saying.

16. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

yes, i had not read the latest posts

some of the first ones were saying that, because we finished 8-8 this was not the worst season, that's why i explained, but people already got it

17. sect105

sect105 New Member

I am disappointed every year we do not make the playoffs. With that being said, 8-8 was what we are. We looked great a couple of games against inept teams. Looked terrible against good teams. And average for the rest. Had two 3 game win streaks and two 3 game losing streaks.

18. sect105

sect105 New Member

You are 100% correct. I am trying to think of 1 "great" or memorable moment this year. The only one that sticks in my head is Cruz going for 99 yards. I really can not remember anything else on the Jets side other than maybe Mcknights KO return when we got emabarased by Balt. or Revis TD against Miami.

19. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Most entertaining part of the season: Ray Lucas and Joe Benigno

Otherwise... Garbage.

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I didn't say WORSE, I said relative to EXPECTATIONS.