Don't give up on our rookie quarterback...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Oct 18, 2009.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I agree, but that stuff got into his head. You can tell that when he looks like he's feeling pressure that isn't there and rushing things. He needs to mentally recover from this disaster of a season, and sometimes that never happens.

2. lakersmetsjets49ers

unless the qb's name is manning, rodgers, brady, or brees, the results would be similar.

that o line would bring almost any qb's numbers down. that said, i'm all for a respectable backup to be on the team next year, if sanchez doesn't get the job done, you have a plan b. i stand by the opinion though that if he improves his decision making and cuts back on the turnovers he's salvageable.

the team needs to fix other areas though and that's a fact. drew brees put up one of the best seasons ever with the saints in 2008. that team went 8-8 because it was flawed in other areas.

3. wfresh

wfresh New Member

Eli Manning in his Third year: 57.7% PCT, 24 TD's, 18 INT's...Mark Sanchez in his Third year: 56.7% PCT, 26 TD's, 18 INT's. he made me sick this year, but with a better OC/QB coach...I'll sign up for a superbowl win in his 5th year just like Eli's.

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez is not, and will never be the thrower of the football that Eli Manning is.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sanchez can make all the throws, he still struggles with consistency though. His throwing motion seems to be all out of whack, probably because he's expecting to get crushed every play.

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He can't make all the throws. Did you watch him yesterday or all season. He throws balls behind his receivers constantly and locks in on one receiever and doesn't know how to see the field.

People need to stop giving this guy a pass. Don't blame his o line or anyone else when he overthrows his WR's and throws balls behind them over and over and over again.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Where did I blame it all on the o-line or the WR's?

He CAN make all the throws. Have you watched him over the past 3 seasons? He is still struggling with accuracy and consistency issues and that's a concern. He is also still making way too many mental errors.

Saying he can't make all the throws is completely inaccurate.