Pennington Gets It !!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Dec 30, 2011.

1. DanR

DanR Active Member

But Schotty was questionable even when Jets were winning previous seasons.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That's why I think it's best to see if Tom Moore would do the job for a year while grooming a replacement.

3. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Nah, not BS at all. Alot of those guys are out of the league cause they weren't gonna expose themselves to the pounding of an NFL season for no money. Jets want players to show character, meanwhile, all good guy Tanny does is screw them. I remember on Hard Knocks, that whole Kellen Clemens scene, when they were cutting his pay,,,, just BS... Guy was making almost nothing and he's the guy they choose to cut more salary on... The Tanny way... Yeah, I know, everyone does that in the NFL, blah, blah, blah.

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This times 1000X !!!

/filler

5. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

That's how NFL front offices operate. It's business first, personal feelings second. The players are well aware of this.

6. #28Martin

Well, you treat players like that, then what do you expect. I'm not saying these aren't tough choices and I realize their is a cap. But you can't, I repeat, can't have guys who make major contributions that lead to going to an AFC Championship game, then another one, and nickel and dime them. It's not right. And like I said, i'm not talking overpay. LT was making 2 million per,,, that's what he warranted. No need to cut his pay in half... Woody was above average, a big part of the OL being solid. He was still good. No need to cut him. It was gonna break good guy Tanny to offer Ellis 2 million for 1 year? I mean for that freakin Pats playoff game alone, he warranted that, let alone the 10 plus great years of service he gave at reasonable money. Make guys who were a big part of it, feel unwanted. Then after they sign the vets minimum, then good guy Rex spouts off how good they are.

Sanchez, Revis, Cromartie, Harris, Mangold, Brick, Pace, Holmes, Burress make all the money. Everyone else, you don't count. But then when the season comes, we want you all to pull together as one....

And on a side note, all the praise for good guy Tanny. Alot of his personnel moves stink. Terminator sux. Kyle Wilson sux. Ducasse sux. They acted like Kerley was some stud in camp, he's very average. Hunter sux. How about the back out of Louisville they were so high on, Powell ???? Guy almost never even dresses. Ellis sux.

#26 #28Martin, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are we supposed to guess the value of 'X'?

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

how is this any different to any other NFL team though? every team pretty much has a handful of star players that make all the coin.

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

a Thousand Times?

10. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

Woody chose to retire because of his knees. He wasn't coming back.

11. #28Martin

True, but most of those teams didn't have the recent post-season success the Jets had, where guys came up big in the post-season, just to take cuts afterwards.

12. #28Martin

Listen, I heard him on ESPN radio at the beginning of the season and then again later in the season. He wasn't coming back at the Vet's minimum. He was absolutely coming back at what he was making. When they cut him and offered him the minimum, he wasn't gonna rehab and push it for that money. And out of all the guys they screwed, this was the one that really hurt them. Very underrated player.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Times a thousand times? Isn't that redundant? :wink:

14. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

So, Woody's knee was worth resigning. But we shouldn't look at Manning because of his neck?

15. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Somewhere down the line Jets fans will realise that "noodle arm" was about as close as we've been in 30 years to having a franchise QB.

I don't want to turn this thread into a pro Chad debate or not but jees, even now it still fucking annoys me that we threw this guy to the side-walk for "look at me Favre" and he came back and won a division with a smoke and mirrors Fish team.

Pennington was the smartest QB in a generation and save for all the injuries he endured we would have won or been very close to winning it all several times, 'good noggins upstairs'- yes you could say that.

16. #28Martin

Who said that? I'd run for them to get Manning.

17. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

Sorry friend, didn't mean to put words in your mouth. The consensus around here regarding P.Manning is that nobody wants him after 3 neck surgeries.

My apologies.

#37 dustykeller, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

obviously you're not a golfer.

19. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I agree but I seriously doubt Tom Moore wants to coach anyway hes 73 yrs old and his wife didn't even want him to be a consultant. The fix would be to killdabitch and then MAYBE he'd be a OC again.

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

There are 32 teams in the league and not one wanted to give them the money they deserved in their mind and yours.

Kellen Clemens had to take a paycut... To sit on the bench all year. Are we supposed to feel bad for a guy who collected a game check for holding a clipboard, wearing a headset and looking at some polaroids in between offensive series? Really?