17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I don't know why - Any of those in the lower sections still ought to be pissed at the way the stadium entrances/ escalator systems were designed, and the spectacularly underwhelming concourses that were supposed to be wonderful. For their PSL investment they get gray-painted girders and cinderblock. Once any of them travel to other new stadiums thy'll scratch their heads and wonder what's so "State of the art" this place is. The stadium in Dallas is the Mall of America and this place is a Queens bodega.

I am a crusty "Upper" but I've been inside to sit in lowers for an RU game, and spent time in a suite for a Giants game. The stadium gets a "C" at best, and the grade gets lower the higher you go up.

Believe me, I don't need anything more, or cushy, appearance-wise, but it shouldn't take me 45 minutes to get to my seat from the lot. I shouldn't have to choose stairs over an escalator.

Not after the way they promoted this place leading up to its opening. That's why I keep at this. I think we all got hosed - pricey PSL's or not.

2. sg3

sg3 Banned

agree with you completely about the UD egress situation

However, I only experienced the 96 flights of steps once in February 2010 when I took my first tour to see the seats I had chosen in section 312, row 8

One long look at the view (at that time looking directly into a maze of handicap section railings) was more than enough for me make the long trip down the steps again to sign my contract for seats in the Lower Level

Haven't regretted it for one minute since (even though the railingwere eventually mercifully removed)

takes me something like 40 seconds to get from my seat to the outside ground level via only one short escalator or stairway

#12962 sg3, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no spillage here. i take 2 big gulps from each beer before leaving the concession. i also hold my beers out and chest level.which is eye level or higher for most and u would be amazed how people part like the red sea bc/ of the scare factor of getting beer on their head.

again I Am A Professional

4. 17a_tailgater

dont forget that i arrive 5 hours before kickoff and have no choice but to park 30 minutes away by foot no less.if it was made fair i would be closest to the stadium as possible.yet another scare tactic that i will embraceand wait them out.

5. sg3

sg3 Banned

can't you park in lot B right next to the pedestrian bridge??... I paid for a Yellow pass but park in that lot because it is only about 10 minutes from the Met Life gate and I can get on the Tpke North in about another 2 minutes without circling the stadium three times and paying an extra toll. I get there only about 1 1/2 hours before kickoff and can always find a spot. Next year, I'm downgrading my parking pass to Orange and save the 100 bucks

6. 17a_tailgater

no they turned Lot B into yellow only. $25
    orange $15
    i really like my spot but getting closer would be cool and only $15 too.

7. sg3

sg3 Banned

The lot I am referring to (on the stadium side of the access road) across from the parking lots that are part of the Izod Arena complex definitely allows Orange passes and is only about 10 minutes from the Met Life gate across the Pedestrian Bridge.

Might be lot 26 which is definitely orange

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Shill I wish you would have told me weeks ago where you parked as I would have come over with beverage in hand and smile on face :)

That said I am glad you are happy with your PSL ( or job with the Jets ) and that goes for anyone else that purchased a PSL. I can tell everyone here that all my buddies that purchased a PSL ( and there are many ) if they had to do it again WOULD NOT! Everyone was led to believe that they would be shut out , or only be able to get those god awful uppers-or not be able to attend games in good seats so they laid out the money,,,I don't blame any of them .

I have sat almost everywhere downstairs but when a guy like me ( and there are many of us as well ) comes to games--sits next to you or in a better location than you-----and I did not pay any cockamammy PSL and YOU DID ,,,,,,,I mean if you are happy about that great ----I would not be but thats me. There are tickets available ALL OVER THIS STADIUM---uppers--Mezz---lowers and next year after this years debacle that we witnessed _THERE WILL BE OCEANS MORE AVAILABLE via stubhub--ticket exchange--or any other website or from our own Jet Ticket Office :beer:

Time will tell but we will see next year won't we :breakdance:
    PS The jets actually ran commercials for available seats every week, even last week-----what a joke who woulda thunk it :lol:

9. 17a_tailgater

lot 26 is on the izod side
    http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2010-jets-parking-site-map.pdf

lot b which was orange last year doesnt this year

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well if you dislike Woody & what you posted occurs those people would be most happy at seeing all those empty seats :grin:

11. Gator

Gator Active Member

Jets probably should have stayed in NY all those years ago. Half the fan base looks to bail for the slightest reason rather than drive to Jersey every game. In a perfect world everyone is psyched and makes the trek. But this is the Jets, and it's NY...so it's never a perfect world. We play the Pats for instance on opening week and we're tied for first and it's 70 degrees...and they win and the stadium is rocking then everyone is racing to the best crowd ever thread to post about the game. How many of those do we get? In the real world we're tied for second and in 7th place out of 6 for the playoffs, it's 43 degrees and raining on Nov 30th and we're playing Seattle. Who's psyched? The diehards. Why? Because of the tailgate. That's the real world.

#12971 Gator, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  12. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Until sg3 is unbanned over at JI.

Then he will leave here for good.......again.

13. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

The only $5000 Upper Deck PSLs for the Giants are the first 4 rows of the Sideline Seats..Giants call it the Loge Level.

14. sg3

sg3 Banned

wrong again, ct pats fan as usual

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

Im glad Mickey that you paid more this season through stubhub and ticket exhange to attend six games and sit in nice seats than you paid last year to attend all the games and sit in the upper deck.

and who knows, possibly as much or more for those six games as the STHs in those sections do for the entire season including the amortized 1/200th or so of their additional PSL investment for those seats ( assuming 20 years of games at 10 games a year)

but the important thing is that it makes you happy and makes you think you beat the system by overpaying for it

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Shill / sg3 why do you continue to post Bu;;shit ? Do you want me to post the # 's again so you and everyone else can see how much I $aved ? -I po$ted them before they are in this thread for all to read--Some games I paid slightly over face others I paid more,,,but bottom line I saved over 2 grand..I went to every game I wanted to and I picked great seats for each one of them. -----> OH and No Psl or preseason here how much did that co$t again :lol:
    People if you give up your season tickets ---don't fear and don't look back, there are so many available on the net or elsewhere it's ridiculous :beer:

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

PS Shill If paying a PSL and a few extra thou$and dollars to have the opportunity to purchase tickets for Jet games each week makes you happy then good for you nice job :lol:
    No preseason or Psl here-----------I am also happy about that :breakdance:

18. 17a_tailgater

hey if your a season ticket holder u get right s to home playoff games at a higher rate too....yeah whos coming out on top now??? oh wait,,what???

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

higher rate, what do you mean?

20. 17a_tailgater

my seats are $95 per game. wild card round would be $125 divisional round probably $175 and championship round $225.