Does Sanchez Deserve the Blame?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

2. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more about the lack of a deep threat not opening up the underneath routes for Holmes. Lets not forget Braylon average 17 YPC last season and Holmes got open a ton more because of that. Defenders actually had to be afraid of Braylon going deep because he has a lot more speed then Plax. I can't believe we let Cotch walk the guy was just reliable in every sense of the word. Pulled a hamstring and still made a clutch catch on 3rd down and we let him walk? Would have been a great mentor for Kerley as well.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yep. 2011 is the year the Jets almost lost their franchise QB to bad management decisions at other positions

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

AND, he was Mark's go to receiver. He went to him in clutch situations often. The catch to set up Holmes' winning TD vs Houston and the catch to set up Folk's GW FG against the Colts in the playoffs. Plus he had a bunch of big time receptions for TD's and who could forget his TD against the Patriots in the playoffs last year.

5. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

If we can sign a big time deep threat this offseason with a whole new offensive scheme I think Sanchez has 30 TD's+ potential. I really want to see Holmes in the slot position a bit more next season to create some damn mismatches.

6. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

The fact our WR's never get separation makes me mad. And the fact they hardly have time to get separation because our O-Line is non existent at times also frustrates me watching on tv.

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

there was an article in today's ny post that did what some of us have been saying already. yes, sanchez gets some blame and more so shotty. but, cavanugh and mostly tannenbaum get a much bigger share of the blame than the free pass most fans have given them.

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The article and posts in this thread are well thought out, rational, and hit the nail on the head. Where are these posts in other 500 threads blaming Sanchez for everything that has gone wrong this year?????????

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Buried in a pile of shit

10. lakersmetsjets49ers

he deserves his fair share of the blame. it's not ALL his fault as the sanchez bashers would love to proclaim and at the same time he doesn't deserve a pass as some of the sanchez defenders would suggest. he's played his part in a dissapointing underacheiving season along with the rest of the team.

11. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum deserves a lot of the blame. He wasted so much time pursuing Nnamdi Asomugha that we ended up losing some of the most valuable pieces of the winning puzzle from last season.

12. Thesanchize81

Thesanchize81 New Member

Never going to blame the kid. Should never has started right away. Needed time to learn.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Somebody here agrees with me at least. That's a start.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Rex's whole approach leading up to the Giants game was all wrong IMO.
    He put pressure on the wrong team. He managed to piss off the Giant players as well.

Really...what was the point of sending out Plax as the solo game captain?

Was that s'posed to inspire the Jets? Or curtaining off the Giants Championship posters (or whatever they are)? What's the point?
    He even woke up Tom Coughlin.

Coughlin has got a conference championship and a Super Bowl ring on his finger. Players may hate to play for him, and players may love to play for Rex...but look at which team won.

I don't get it. Can anyone here explain that stuff?

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

No matter who gets blamed for this pathetic offense in 2011, I will not be happy unless one of two things happen:
    1. Sanchez gets benched in favor of Luck, Manning, or somebody else at least better...
    2. Schotty gets fired....while I notice the hate for him, I've never really voiced it...but it is true...he is the worst....

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It's a QB league so they get more credit than they deserve. But also they get more blame than they deserve. As for he has had his moments this season, but overall he has been disappointing. Despite the stats he seemed to have regressed this year.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Regressed in what way? He's completing more of his passes for more yards and more touchdowns than ever before, team scoring is up and he's doing it with an inferior group of receivers and less protection than in the past.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Wins & losses?

We went 11-5 last year, and we were playing good football in Dec. and Jan.

Now we're 8-7 and look like shit out there.

19. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Now I'm confused. When we were winning Sanchez was being carried by the defense and running games, right? But now we're not winning so much it's on him??

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

that's the way it is with the Sanchez-Hater crowd