Jets reportedly unsure if franchise QB is on their roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mute, Dec 25, 2011.

1. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Hey you're the one who asked what measure makes him a bottom ten QB-and the correct answer is almost all of them.

Given the large number of QB injuries this year you can probably find ten guys who started last week who are worse than Sanchez but is he one of the top 22 guys starting on day one next season? I'm not sure. He really isn't appreciably better this year than last year. He still fumbles, still takes too long in the pocket, and still runs really cold for long periods of time.

2. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

look, you can bring up only the stats that make him be what you want to see and i'll concede that.

but look at all the stats and his qb rank amongst all the 32 teams and he's a bottom 1/3 of the league all three years.

sure he got 28 td's because the jets aren't running like they wanted to. and because the jets are behind after 3 quarters of almost all the games so he's in desperation mode chucking the ball around.

go look at all his stats and then his qb ranking of all 32 teams! he sucks is what you'll find.

i do enjoy the banter back and forth, reminds me when some posters were telling me noodle pennington was a franchise qb, pretty laughable now, isn't it.

i wouldn't besurprised if you were one of them! you've been watching too many jets games and not enough nfl games, because you don't know a good qb when you see one.

3. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

also don't forget all the games the offense did absolutely nothing for three quarters of the game. i've never seen so many 3 and outs by a football team that i can remember. if thats good qb play to some, they are in denial!

#203 joesmoe39, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  4. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Most teams are unsure if their franchise QB is currently on their roster.

I would say that applies to 26 of the 32 NFL teams.

5. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

that is a ridiculous number to just throw out there.

6. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

How is it ridiculous?

The Packers, Saints, Patriots, Chargers and Giants KNOW that they have their franchise QB on their roster right now.

I'm assuming Peyton Manning comes back, so I included the Colts on that list as well.

That leaves 26 out of 32 teams who are unsure if they currently have their franchise QB on their roster.

Next question.

7. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

sick AV by the way.

8. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

qbs that teams are not about to give up on:

bengals, steelers, bears, lions, texans, falcons, panthers, cowboys, eagles.

i left out the bucs, rams and ravens bc they're pretty much in the same boat as we are.

thanks! i lost the original picture and haven't been able to find it again. makes me sad

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That safety said it all about Sanchez. He is not progressing. He makes critical mistakes. That wasn't even a rookie move, but it CERTAINLY was not one a Qb who has played as much as Sanchez has by now should be making. No situational awareness, dumb decisions, a mistake solely on Sanchez. Can't blame Ryan or Schotty for that one. It was all on the Sanchez.

10. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

at least he showed off his pump fake on the way down.

11. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Who said anything about giving up on someone?

The thread says "Jets Unsure if Franchise QB is on their Roster".

This is true, but it's also true of 26 other teams. I'm not suggesting that the Jets give up on Sanchez or, for that matter, that the other 25 "unsure" teams should give up on theirs.

12. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

no, the teams i listed have their qb FOR SURE.

unsure of franchise qb means the jets could possibly move away from sanchez. the teams that i mentioned have their starting qb of the future.

13. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

No, a "franchise QB" is a QB who you KNOW has the ability to lead your team to a championship, or even multiple championships, and you therefore would not trade him under any circumstances.

Of the six teams I listed, Rivers in SD would be the obvious question mark. But, I included him simply because he's usually in the top 5 or 6 statistically in the league. But, let's leave him out for argument's sake.

That leaves 5 "franchise QBs" in the NFL.

Other teams may have good QBs, and - in any given year - even great QBs. But those are not franchise QBs.

I admit, I had to chuckle when you included Andy Dalton on your list of franchise QBs. That's something my five year old would do.

14. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

You are describing "elite" QB's and not franchise QB's.

Elite QB's are capable of taking their teams to the Super Bowl each and every year.

Franchise QB's are guaranteed starters on their teams for the foreseeable future.

15. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

we are not talking about the best of the best. that is not what franchise qb means. the jets are not discussing whether or not sanchez will be the next brady.

they are wondering if he should be the starter that we build our team around.

16. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

To me, that's one in the same. Why would you guarantee someone a starting position for the foreseeable future if you didn't think he was capable of taking your team to the Super Bowl? For shits and giggles?

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Wow. A lot of semantics going on in this thread.

18. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

what are you even talking about right now?

the teams i listed have confidence that their starter right now can lead them to a super bowl.

the jets apparently do not have the same confidence in sanchez.

this isn't really a hard concept to grasp. there are other qbs in the league that haven't won a super bowl yet, but their teams are committed to them. those are franchise qbs.

19. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Yes....they are wondering if he is capable of carrying the team to one or more Superbowl championships. That's the definition of a franchise quarterback.

Why else would someone be a "franchise quarterback"? Because he's capable of winning 8 games?

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I don't think the article quoted in the OP intends to be as limiting about franchise QBs as your interpretation

I think the writer of the article, given everything stated, would put Romo, Big Ben, Schaub, Ryan, Vick & Cutler on a different level than Sanchez. Newton maybe. Stafford & Dalton not at this time, but I don't think the Lions & Bengals are questioning them at this point.