17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sg3

sg3 Banned

all EMs have a thing for all Officers for the most part. I dealt with a couple of good ones, actually, but the majority -- not so much. I enlisted under the college option program and was supposed to go to OCS but, after experiencing Basic and AIT at beautiful Forts Leonard Wood, Mo and Fort Sill, OK -- I decided to exercise my option and just do my two years as an enlisted man rather than extend my term for the 31 months or so more that would have been required had I decided to go to OCS and get that silver bar

I appreciate your service but, for me, SP5 E5 was quite enough

still have my RA service number, my VSM and Arcom to show for it, I guess, plus free burial when I finally kick the bucket

Anyhow, enough about the good old days across the pond....

Hopefully next season, we can get together, shake hands and I'll be happy to buy you a brewski (even an expensive Jet Life stadium variety). No salutes, though I PROMISE

#12921 sg3, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. no psls

no psls Banned

I was there and it appeared to be about 70-30 jet fans ; but the upper level was about 50-50 . And Giant fans are obnoxious , drunken idiots ; I never saw so much beer and hot chocolate flying in the air .

3. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

If the Jets do not make the playoffs, does Woody raise ticket prices for next season? I am curious what others think in regards to my question.

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

probably

5 bucks a game again except for the Coaches Club and the Upper Deck

Coaches Club because it's in their contracts and Upper Deck for obvious reasons

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Actually MHO is that Woody will have to lower UD seat prices since the desertion rate from that level will be very large if we miss out on the POs :sad:

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

doubtful

They'll do the same thing they did this offseason... Upgrade any of the UDers with crappy high row seats to lower rows or endzones to sidelines and put the rest of the tickets out on a season ticket, then an individual basis through Ticketmaster directly

Whatever remains unsold after those sales will be used as opposing time and NFL corporate allocations as required by the league

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Tickets have gone up just about every year since Parcells was here-------> I remember sitting in the lower lever ,, tix were $25 but I stray :sad:

I can't imagine what the Jets are thinking regarding those Upper Bowl seats ? I mean people are going to bail out again and those on the fence about staying might leave if there is an increase but knowing the Jets--> they don't and won't care :sad:

If the Jets want they can just increase any PSL seasts they wish to make up for the difference of not increasing the UD. I believe the Jets will go that route--time will tell--either way thank god I do not have to deal with a PSL or the many lies from ticket reps :)

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

I see PSL sections that are sold out going up by $5 maybe $10 per seat. Unsold seats (mostly unsold club seats) staying the same. Last year we can look at club corners went up by $10 per ticket but the sidelines mostly stayed the same.

Upper deck I can't see them doing any increases. Maybe a decrease but I highly doubt it. Reason why is last year when I expressed my disgust they tried to say well for only $25 less per game you can move to the lower level. If they still have unsold club/PSL seats I can see them going one more year of trying to bring people down low before they lower upper deck seat prices but I highly doubt that ever happens.

I give my Yankee Stadium tickets as an example. Going into year 4 grandstand outfield still are staying at $20 per ticket. However I've become fed up and am dropping like 75% of other Yankees ticket holders.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I've long since thought the same. We've been talking about this possibility for years now, which was a deciding factor for me in not buying a PSL. Others, who had lousy seniority, had no choice. It was either buy the PSL or sit in Row 23 in the corner of the UD.

But yeah, as Champ says, there is a posibility that the defections in the UD will be quite a blow to the ticket office. They'll be faced with a real quandry if that happens: to raise or not to raise. There have already been signs of some relief for us up there (like offering Yellow for the price of the Orange), but I still think there's more room for them to do something. That something might be to leave the prices upstairs alone.

And of course, you can always make it up by taking up the slack downstairs. Those people will take an increase because... well, quite frankly, because they have no choice now.

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

On average the Jets gave the upper deck a price hike of $5 per season. After 2009 we got anywhere from $20-$40 per seat price increase meaning they shouldn't increase again for another 4-8 years.

I am not one to speak for other people but I'd bet 90% of this board would walk if there was a price increase in the uppers.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Well, all I can say is I know what has happened in the past under Mr. Johnson. This is not an indicator of future behavior, as they say, but it's worth noting what he has done in the past.

Ticket prices doubled in 8 years. That's becasue they were increased by 10% (add-on) each year. Anyone can do the simple math with a calculator. Take 10% per year times the original principle and do that for 7.5 years. The result is you double the principle in that period of time. This is what Woody did... there is no disputing that.

Now whether he will do it in the future probably depends upon whether he thinks he can. He's already demonstrated that he WILL do it and has no moral issues or qualms about doing it, it's just a question of whether he thinks he can get away with it. My guess is, if he has the buyer by the scrotum, he will. In this case, that's the PSL holder and not necessarily the UD STHer. The tits are already in the ringer, as the expression goes.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yes 227 no disputing it :sad: My guess is that the Jets are praying they somehow make the playoffs--if they do my gut says they raise ALL prices even UPPERS---if they do not BACK IN THIS WEEK then I would think they will be more discreet in who they raise. I agree that anyone who has a PSL will get banged for an increase but the uppers if there are no playoffs might see just prime or sidelines raised along with ALL lowers ? I will say it again---no PSL or season tix here --thank god I do not have to deal with that bull shit anymore !

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

upper deck seats will probably not be increased

club seats, probably also

probably a minimal (5 bucks a seat) for seats in the lower and mezz levels

If that is the final result, it's not worth fretting about, at least, IMHO

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Let's not forget the other factor affecting our pricing - THE CO-TENNANT

I contend we got into a lot of this BS due to the ridiculously long crazy Giants season ticket wait list (now a thing of the past). The Giants had the clout to ask for the PSL's and high pricing schedule based on their waiting list, and the rates scalpers were getting for Giants tickets with the advent of StubHub etc, as the new stadium was being planned. They monetized it! That's what helped fuck us. We paid for the Giants supply/demand market. How much different could the Jets price their PSL's/ tickets and clubs? After all as Rex says, we won't be a little brother to anyone! (intense sarcasm there)

So, our ticket increases will be influenced by what our co-tennant does. Even more reason to root for Dallas sunday night.

15. Section 227. Row 5

You may be right, but he was doing $5 when my Mezz seats were $55. I doubt a $5 increase on a $195 seat means jack squat to Woody and doesn't really accomplish the his previously accomplished goal of 10% per year and the almighty doubling effect in 7.5 years. Don't forget that the value of a football franchise is based partially on how much revenue the owner can show the world that he is capable of generating. Mr. Hess never gave too much of a damn about that, but Mr. Johnson is a whole other animal.

I am thinking a $195 seat can probably stand a $20 increase, especially if we back into the playoffs. What the hell, the added increase is always a tax writeoff anyway to most of those PSL seat holders, as most were not sold to mom and pop, but rather to small and medium and large-size companies. Car dealerships, accounting firms, family-owned body shops, wholesale distributors, etc.... many, many businesses in the NY-NJ area, whose owners are able to have their office manager mail in a company check in the springtime and have their accountant totally and completely write off the entire outlay as a business expense under "Travel and Entertainment" and "Sales Expense." Totally deductible.

Woody knows this and the world knows this, so a $20 hike on $195 is peanuts. And since they've already shelled out the the PSL, they don't have much of an option right now other than telling their office manager to make out the check, whatever it is on the bill.

This is why I beseeched private, mom and pop individuals long ago who wanted in on this Ponzi Scheme to rethink it. If you don't have the write-off capability, you are playing in a league with heavy hitters who have the wherewithall. The average family man does not, and cannot write this crap off with a shrug of the shoulders. This is the dilemma private owners have with the PSLs and many didn't think it through. Now the tits are in the wringer and Woody is reay to start cranking the handle.

#12935 Section 227. Row 5, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  16. sg3

sg3 Banned

195 dollar a game seats are all club seats, 227 which I think may rise more than 5 dollars or might not go up at all since they aren't sold out.

Increases for the non-club PSL seats (LL Sidelines, LL Corners and EZ and Mezz A and B-- average game day costs probably are around 125-130) will probably get the minimal increases of 5 or at most 10 bucks, same as last year.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

WTF?? Have my eyes deceived me?

OK everyone, how long will the sg3 /227 peace treaty last? :beer:

18. Section 227. Row 5

I have convinced him for the moment that civil discourse is possible. But it's as fragile as the relationship between Richard Nixon and General Giap at the Paris Peace Talks, or between Yasser Yourafart and Arial Sharon.

I fear he'll eventually be unable to deal with my incessant rants about his beloved mausoleum, at which point, alas, the car bombings start again.

19. sg3

sg3 Banned

tsk, tsk, Ebenezer --- remember the Christmas spirit...

and our relationship is far different than that of Giap and Nixon in that both of us are reasonably bright whereas in the aforementioned case, only Giap qualified

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

For us to even be talking about ANY ticket increase---is a joke.
    If the Jets don't BACK IN might I suggest everyone that does have any type of season ticket call the Jets and ask for a rebate / refund :)