Jets reportedly unsure if franchise QB is on their roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mute, Dec 25, 2011.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by steves850
    The fact of the matter statistically Sanchez is improving. Maybe not at the rate we'd all hope, and some games (the ones where he is spending more time on his back than in the pocket) it would appear his decision making is regressing. I won't argue with that. but his completion percentage, TD and rating are all career highs. I don't know if Sanchez is the QB of our future but I think he can be a serviceable QB for a team with the right coaching and OL to protect him.

The short passing range is a two edged sword though. It would be interesting to look at the percentage of Sanchez's throws that are batted down at the line of scrimmage. Given his average (at best) height and the Jets reliance on the short passes, it seems that huge amount of his passes are blocked by the defensive lineman. It's just seemed that this had happened too many times this year. I wish I could find stats like that and compare him the the rest of the league in this regard.

2. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Very good point. I think if Sanchez worked on NOT staring down his receivers this might help on the batted balls, at least a little.

3. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

LOL, wow, someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

rex and tanny have brought the team to 2 afc championship games already!

sanchez can't seem to get himself above mid tier level qb play, he's benn stuck in the bottom 1/3 level all three years in the nfl and hasn't come close to sniffing middle of the pack, never mind top ten. too funny!

4. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

have you been really watching the games this year. for three quarters of the game the team totally sucks and then has to go into panic mode in the 4th quarter to pull half of them out.

have you noticed all the three and outs this offense produces? have you noticed all the missed recievers sanchez has this year? all the passes into the ground or behind the recievers?

sanchez is what's holding this team back. put cam newton or andy dalton on this team and they're serious contenders!

5. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

It always amazes me that Jets fans can't understand the difference between going to a conference championship game and actually winning something.

There are three things you can win in the NFL:

1. You can win your division title.

2. You can win your conference championship.

3. You can win the Superbowl.

That's it. Those are the three things you can win. Anything elseis just talk.

Rex and Tanny haven't won anything, and I don't have much confidence that they ever will.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

At what point in the post season do they award the division title rings?

[​IMG]

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

In order to do #2 or #3 on your list you have to get to the AFCCG, which the Jets haven't done very often. I like watching the Jets win playoff games and have a shot at the conference championship, but that's just me.

8. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

I set my standards a little higher. I want them to win something.

But, if you're happy with mediocrity and being an occasional runner-up, I can see why you'd like the Rex-Tanny combination.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We all want them to win something.
    Playing in the AFCCG on a regular basis is hardly mediocrity. I also believe there's also much more to being a fan than the black and white picture of championship or bust that some people want to paint.

Are you saying the last 2 seasons were just as enjoyable to you as a fan as say the '95 - '96 Jets?

10. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

I agree.

I think Rex is going to end up like Buddy, great DC but never able to win big as a HC.

I hope I'm wrong.

His approval of Schithead shows me that he may not have what it takes

11. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

again, you need to stop and think about what you're saying.

rex and tanny got this team as close to a superbowl as it get's.

what has sanchez done that gives you more faith in him than rex, who is the main reason the jets got so close to the superbowl.

sanchez has been at best a game manager. as for his playing ability, bottom 1/3 of all nfl qb's. your faith is misquided, or you're delusional!

12. abyzmul

That's odd, since you seem to be crowing about division championships won by a team that has been blanked in the playoffs since 2007.

Pfft. You may have packed your superior intelligence into your nephew's stocking instead of that Pet Rock he was pining for.

13. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

Now this is something you come across fairly regularly on this forum, and I really have no clue what it means. I can understand the logic behind being a strict parent, a demanding boss, or a high-maintenance girlfriend. I totally get having refined tastes in art, and not suffering fools gladly. But as a sports fan, the effect of your "high standards" on those striving to attain them is zero; also, you're a captive audience, unless your plan is to root for the most successful team every year. So what you're left with is a hobby that gives you about a 3% chance of being actually enjoyable any given year; and I suppose the thrill of setting high standards for strangers.

14. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

That team has won 8 of the last 9 division titles.

Included with those division titles are 3 Super Bowl championships and 4 AFC Conference titles.

Hoping to back into the 6th playoff seed is no way to win Super Bowls.

15. abyzmul

Winning playoff games is a better method than getting the money shot in your pretty QB's Beiber hair in the second round of each playoff tournament after steamrolling the league in the regular season.

Face it, TX. Your boys have become what you previously despised and ridiculed. The early 2000s Indy Colts.

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

You mean like GB last year?

17. abyzmul

Oooh ooh let me play: NY Giants circa 2007.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Ha they really have become the Colts how have I not seen this. Great offense shitty defense and can't win when it counts.

19. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Its really hard to tell which end is up with Sanchez. I have seen him look absolutely clueless, and I have seen him make some incredible throws in crunch time. I really think the horrid play of the offensive line has a lot to do with his up and down (mostly down) performance. I think the worst gaffe team Tanny/Rex has made was not insuring a solid offensive line for this season. I'm not sure its fair to grade Sanchez with a sieve of an offensive line. Reminds me of when Ken O'Brien was our QB. I often think that with a good Oline, KOB would have been an elite QB. As it was, he was accurate as hell, and maybe the toughest SOB I ever saw play that position. I think the jury is still out on Sanchez, and should be.

20. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

When did the Jets acquire Aaron Rogers?