Jets Playoff Chances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do the Jets Make the Playoffs?

1. Yes

199 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

215 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

HA! For the last 4 weeks I was saying HERE that I thought the Jets were very likely to make the playoffs. Even after they lost the game of the year against the Patriots. (A game where they had so much in their favor...)

They had a relatively easy schedule and if they played like they were capable of they should have been in the drivers seat. Just gonna run the table... HA! I think I over-estimated them like everyone else. MAYBE they'll still get in the playoffs and maybe they'll even beat the Patriots (although I don't think they'll surprise the Patriots this time) IF they get that far but that's a pretty big IF imo.

#301 PatsFan2003, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Dude.. why did you just quote yourself?

3. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

That's why the edit button was created..

4. Barry the Baptist

Ah, quoted the wrong post...

5. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

With AP going down in a meaningless week 16 game for the Vikings, AND his ability to start next season in question...Foster should NOT be playing in this game at all.

I agree with you, playoffs aint happenin, nor should they be.

Offseason work for the Jet organization should include...

OL work and LOTS of it
    Sanchez either gets competition for the starting job or goes thru extensive decision making training

New OC

Safety help on the Defensive side of tha ball.

6. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

I assure you, This "Pats" fan is not "Nervous about the Jets", I am just not counting them out due to the incredible LUCK they have been fortunate enough to have these last 2 seasons to even make it to the playoffs with inferior records.

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

11-5 is inferior? Man it must be nice to have all those "regular season wins". Tell me something when was the last time your team a game that mattered to advance or idk lets say win the VLT tell me id love to hear

8. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

When it comes to the AFC East, yes 11-5 is INFERIOR, esp considering many of those wins were extremely lucky nail biting wins last year and do not even get me started on 2009.

2001, 2003, 2004 for the VLT
    2007 was a fluke play away

the last 2 Pats post seasons sucked, no Pats fan can argue that, but please do not try to tell me you would not LOVE to switch places with me from a fans perspective.

Stop hatin

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I could switch places instantly like all of your fanbase, but im not a banwagoner, so thats not gunna happen.

10. Barry the Baptist

Obviously you need to have luck in order to make runs at the SB.. wasn't John Kasey kicking a ball out of bounds in the SB luck? Or Brady "tucking" the ball a bit of luck? In your eyes they don't diminish the accomplishment regardless of what I say. Luck or not we still went into your building and kicked your ass all over the place in the playoffs. That being said we suck and if I was a Pats fan I'd wanna see the Jets in the playoffs just so I could watch Ryan talk himself into a corner and then send him home with his tail between his legs.

11. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

Additionally, 11-5 was the Pats record in 2008 and they didn't even make the playoffs...just sayin.

I believe we already did that. Teams need to EARN their playoff spots via regular season play, and in order to be Champions, they need to continue that level of play in the playoffs as well. I believe my team has proven that they can do that many times and I, like many others, hate these last two post seasons, but I do not live in the past, I look towards tomorrow and what that will bring us.

I suggest you start doing the same, Mr. 0-2 against the Pats this year.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Jake Long out for next Sunday.

13. Barry the Baptist

Who cares what your record was in 2008? The Dolphins won the division with the same record.

Yeah you did beat us twice in the regular season but that means nothing if we somehow make the playoffs and knock you out. It's not gonna happen but at that point you can keep your regular season wins.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The regular season has only one purpose ... win enough games to get into the playoffs. If it turns out that 9 games is enough this year, I think we should probably show up.

15. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Odds point to Tennessee winning I think we will be out

16. JetsKickAss

For those who think the Jets don't 'deserve' to make the playoffs if by that 10% chance we do make it, please note the Bengals are playing to 2/3rds full crowds and can't even sell out next week against the Ravens with a 2-for-1 special.

If the Bengals make it to the Super Bowl, it'll probably be blacked out in Cincinatti because they didn't sell their allottment of tix !!! lol

17. JetsKickAss

Right now, I think that is most likely to kill us, then a Jets loss, then neither Denver or Oakland losing, then the Ravens losing to the Bengals in front of 45,000 fans.

18. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Agreed. Our only hope is that Houston doesn't want to go in on a 3 game losing streak and wants to keep a division rival, who they would have to play again the next week, out. Also Andre Johnson may be back, so they would probably like to get him going before playoff time.

Now all of that sounds important, but none of it is really life-or-death and they will most likely lay down.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Everyone is hoping for the playoffs, which is great.

If the Jets play the way they played vs Philly & the Giants they won't beat Miami.

Miami would love to keep Rex out of the playoffs.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Houston has said they're keeping there starters in all game. They're getting Andre Johnson back and there defensive coordinator back from the hospital. They're also playing at home in a dome. The Titans have to travel across the country.

Tennessee got completely annihilated by the Texans week 7 in Tennessee, granted that was with Schaub at QB.

Why do you think the odds point to Tennessee winning?

I actually feel good about most of what needs to happen for the Jets to get in, except for that little detail of the Jets beating the fish.