Jets reportedly unsure if franchise QB is on their roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mute, Dec 25, 2011.

1. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

I will stop rooting for this team if they dump Sanchez before Schotty. This is fucking bullshit. Can we at least give him a competent OC and a Line that won't get him get killed every fucking game? And his dumbass TE didn't help him at all yesterday.

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I understand the frustration right now, but the guy plays his ass off, delivers multiple balls in receivers hands (butterfingers Holmes), TE's (Keller, head's up buddy), or WR's (Plax) push off on perfectly thrown balls and Sanchez starts to press. Granted, when he does the results aren't always what we want, but holy shit, ask yourselves one thing. Are his receivers letting him down? For the most part this year I think they are.

What receiver is playing better than expectations? Collectively as a unit they have been a weakness. Is Sanchez completely absolved from blame? No way. But I think even entertaining bailing on him now is not a good move. I do not believe that Sanchez will be an elite QB, but he makes enough big-time throws there is no reason to believe that he can't be a very productive quarterback that can win a Super Bowl with the right supporting cast.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

BS? Coming from PFT? Concerning the Jets?

I think you may be onto something. heh

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This has been my feeling,also.
    I cannot understand why Schotty does not role him out of the pocket more to cut down on balls being batted down at the line of scrimmage?
    It isn't hard to see that Sanchez is more comfortable on the move then sitting in the pocket.

I have been supportive of Sanchez for the past 3 seasons but I have to admit to doubt starting to creep into my mind.
    The thing that bothers me the most is that he seems to be making the same mistakes time and time again.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Mike Florio ...lolz

6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This is a bullshit article. Sure Sanchez has struggled this season but, it's his third year. He's taken a beating due to a weak O-line and continues to play every snap.

Sanchez has shown tremendous flourishes during the post season and has led ten fourth quarter comebacks. He needs a new OC, a solid line and some receivers who can catch the ball. Once he stops making errant throws and learns to get rid of the ball he can be a force in this league.

Getting rid of Sanchez is ridiculous. None of the so called elite quarterbacks were worth a damn in their first three years. Sanchez can lead the Jets to promised land, they're just going to have to be patient and surround him players who can protect him.

7. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]NS1lhXKwbgw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jzQ8thzcT7s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qkopzVbcXkQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VzpiZ8vOb7w[/YOUTUBE]

I can find more if you'd like...
    Maybe if he got a deep threat he'd be able to throw the deep ball

8. Mason

Mason New Member

We should have kept Braylon over Holmes. At least Braylon was a deep threat.

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

If only his brain wasn't the size of an acorn

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Report: Jets are questioning Sanchez's future

Finally, a ray of hope....

"For the first time in his career, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez likely won’t be playing in an AFC title game after the Giants severely damaged their city rivals' postseason chances Saturday. Now, there’s a report that the Jets are questioning whether Sanchez is actually the team’s quarterback of the future.

That’s the word from Pro Football Talk, which reports that the Jets are internally asking themselves whether Sanchez is the right answer for them.

Almost from the moment Sanchez entered the league as a No. 5 overall pick in the 2009 draft, he’s been the subject of criticism from media and fans, and though he’s been impressive during the past two postseasons -- especially in road games -- his regular-season performances have been spotty.

..."

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34041486

11. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Thank god, please let it be true.

12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This is not the answer... Build around him then take out the trash

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you can free up over $9 million if you cut him, but then you would need to get at least two qbs, since mc ellhroy would remain.

14. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Manning to the Jets makes perfect sense, he will want to go to a superbowl contender and his brother plays in New York to so imagine all the endoresment deal he will get with his brother.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

And what makes you think the 2011 Jets, as presently constituted, are a superbowl contender?

16. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt we have even a slight chance of getting Manning, the colts would be retarded to let the greatest QB to ever play the game leave them if he feels he can play. Let Sanchez be the starter until his rookie contract is up with a new OC and lets see what we have with Sanchez first.

17. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I don't think you grasp just how much the Jets would have to give up to get Peyton Manning. Either they're losing 1st round draft picks for several years (i.e. mortgaging the future), or losing so many good players in the trade that they won't be a Super Bowl contender anyways; or perhaps both.

Also, remember that 'questioning his future' does not mean they're thinking of getting rid of him this off-season; it may mean that they consider next season a make-or-break year for him, or that they plan on bringing in somebody to compete with him, etc.

18. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Your saying if Jets last year had Manning as their Qb instead of Sanchez they would have not won the superbowl? Good defense, good receiving core, good offensive line makes me say that. Brady has a shitty defense and they are still contenders. Id say our defense is way better then the Pats and Manning is just as good of a qb as Brady in his career(not talking playoffs). Hell Manning turned Reggie wayne and Joseph Adai into "elite" receivers.

19. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Colts aren't getting anything of value for Peyton with that $28m bonus looming.

20. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

No one is giving up even a 1st for a qb coming off a neck injury due a 28 mil bonus who is 36 years old your out of your mind. Colts are either releasing him or not drafting luck, in that case id gladly trade 4 1st rounders for luck.