for those complaining about our offensive line and defending golden boy Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsown22, Dec 25, 2011.

1. sg3

sg3 Banned

another thread showing that the Jets have, arguably, the worst fan base in the NFL

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

if you watched the Jets games this season you would not be saying that.

3. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

The OL took a step back this year. D'brick for sure. He got married in off-season, and given the lock-out, you have to wonder about his off-season routine. Slauson is sloppy fat. Mangold's injury did not help. Moore coming off major hip surgery, and there was a serious problem @ RT. O-line not only needs a talent upgrade, but needs to recommit as a unit this off-season.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Maybe it's just me but I see Mark keep a lot of plays alive by getting out of the pocket. Maybe he's not getting sacked as much as guys like Ben or Rodgers but that doesn't mean the pressure isn't there. Another thing I see and can't really blame Mark for is that every time they show it none of the WR's are open. The only guy who ever seems to be open is the RB out of the backfield of course there are always 2 DL in his face so it's hard to make those work as well.

5. gumby74

gumby74 New Member

I think you guys need to keep in perspective that he's only in his what, 3rd year? He is however in a similar boat as Eli was. Because you traded up to get him, expectations should be higher and rightfully so. Giant fans crucified Eli (especially yours truly) throughout his entire career. His inconsistency and inaccuracy drove us mad. Then he was given that huge contract. Anyway, don't get me started. This year however, he's finally earning his money.

I guess what I'm saying is that Sanchez has issues, but you guys could potentially be worse off. Sanchez has at least shown he can bring you guys to the championship game. Going after another QB, and failing, can set the organisation back another 3-4 years. I'm not sure if that's worth the risk. Just don't give him a 100 million dollar extension and you can use the cap money elsewhere.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

One of the better/more correct posts I've seen on here. Agree completely.

Do you ever argue using actual football logic/knowledge or do you just make personal attacks when someone doesn't agree with you? Who's the 12 year old again?

#46 REVISion, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Do us all a favor, Stop making sense.
    It makes the rest look bad and we can't have that...
    Shotty is a genius and his route schemes are legendary!!

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And I agree with that as it is written in the constitution.

However, this board has a list of rules. He's breaking one.

And when the Sanchez diatribes have no basis or value, and they are just bombardments of attention seeking, then its time to go.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Thx, but yeah, I don't get it either. A 3rd Year QB who only played 1 year of college ball!
    Under an idiot OC, no an under performing o-line and a receiving core who can't even get open because the scheme won't allow it.

But nah, Sanchez must go!

10. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Sanchez has 30 total TD's this season with this TERRIBLE offensive scheme. I'm not saying he's been perfect this season but WHO would succeed in this system of slants/curls/out routes. The offense is so fucking predictable its almost laughable. Plaxico can not get seperation for SHIT and Santonio is a complimentary guy. We need to get a new OC(preferably a west coast minded OC) and see how Sanchez does with a new offensive scheme and an actual #1 receiver.

11. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Where do people get 30 touchdowns? Its 24! If you wanna add rushing then you should add all his fumbles to interceptions thrown. Then again all the Sanchez groupies will do anything to justify his poor play and inflate his #'s so they look halfway decent.

12. OverloadBlitz

In what fucking world would you not count rushing TD's, last time I checked its still 6 points just like a pass. You just want fucking Peyton manning playing QB for us which is unrealistic. Hes in his third season and doing better then almost every QB in the league did in their first 3 seasons so hop off his nuts and find other places to blame this season on.

13. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Why is it unrealistic to have Manning? All I can say is if Sanchez was the starting Qb for the Pats or some team we hate people would be saying how bad he is and laughing at him. I don't get how people still defend him after the miserable season he has had. I mean we laugh at Brady when he has one bad game but our Qb has been bad in virtually every game this season when the game counted.

#53 jetsown22, Dec 26, 2011
  14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Its unrealistic because we already have money invested in Sanchez. You want to pay a backup QB as much as Sanchez is making and give up multiple 1st rounders for a couple years of Manning coming off surgery.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im sure most QB's would love to take advantage of having a RT that gets tossed around like a rag doll by OLB who weigh 80 lbs less then him. I know I would love to sit back in that deflating pocket with OLB's and DE's blowing past our "capable RT" and "probowl LT" while trying to throw to WR's who dont get open.

You say he holds the ball way to long... theres a simple answer to this. The WR's dont get open. BAM. Such great insight that everyone is capable of seeing, but just dont.

16. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

We can cut him? No as I said If Colts want to cut ties with Manning they will release him not to pay the 28 mil bonus. I wanna give multiple 1st rounders for luck if available as he is a true franchise Qb unlike 1 year college wonder Sanchez.

#56 jetsown22, Dec 26, 2011
  17. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Yeah..... cuz that'll happen.

[​IMG]

18. OverloadBlitz

So lets cut Sanchez and watch him succeed in another system with receivers who can actually get open? We picked him in the top 10 for a fucking reason, I've seen really good things from him and bad things but hes never had the same group of receivers every season and this group is probably the worst. Plaxico has never been fast and now hes Old on top of that, he just can't get separation from anyone. I've seen progression every season he's played and he is having his best season by far so lets cut him after his best season? Im surprised this team even has 8 wins considering the defense has been terrible this season and our receivers/OC just plain old suck.

19. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

We picked Gholtson in the top 10 to, and thats the key, if Sanchez was picked in the 4th round hed be gone by now. Just cause you have high expectations on someone and they were drafted high don't mean they will succeed, forget the stats just watch him play and you will see he will never be good in this league. And stop blaming the receivers I wouldn't call Braylon Edwards and Holmes bad receivers last year and he still sucked. His receivers have been open plenty this year.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

From what I have read of your posts you are saying lets not blame the O line or wide receivers and place everything on Sanchez. YET when the Jets win games it is because of everyone but Sanchez?
    Look Holmes has played subpar this year, we don't have Braylon, Plax cannot separate, and Dustin Keller disappears yet Sanchez's numbers have gone up.
    We also have had Brick playing poorly, Mangold beat up, Turner on the IR, and Hunter playing terribly. On top of this, we have an offense coordinator not utilizing our QB or WR correctly and who has failed to build a good offense in NY with 3 different QBs.
    Oh and most plays our WR aren't open because we either run them all in the same area, or we do not give them enough time to get open. And last game when Dustin was open, he dropped passes. When Plax was open, it was when he pushed off. When Tone is open, he is tackled immediately even when he catches passes in stride.