Jets Playoff Chances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do the Jets Make the Playoffs?

1. Yes

199 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

215 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

That is a huge question about dumping Scotty,I would love to see how Mark does under a different OC like most people.I am not ready to throw on the towel on Mark yet cause i do think he can be an above average QB in the right circumstances.

2. Jetfan76

Cause you know they would love to end their season driving the final nail in our coffin!

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I thought Tebow laid the soul of the 2011 season to rest.

4. Jetfan76

That was more like sentencing us to purgatory!

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That seems like a dicey proposition right now, this team invested so much emotionally in that Giants game I don't see how we bounce back and beat the Dolphins who have to be licking their chops. Quite honestly I would love somehow to make the playoffs but this is clearly the worst team we've had under Ryan and unlike the previous few years this team has no heart. Outside of Revis and Greene I didn't see one player show any heart on Saturday. They looked like they quit after the safety and the offense appeared to quit after the Giants handed us 7 points. All those very well could lose but I'm not sure the Jets beat the Dolphins even if they do.

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Here's why it's HIGHLY unlikely the Texans will win that game:

It's in the Texans best interest to "allow" the Titans to beat them.

If the Titans win and get in, Houston would likely host them again the following week ...
    after just seeing their entire play book, and also having all their starters rested up for at least 16 days (they played on Dec 22).

Why wouldn't they prefer that over playing hard, just so they can host the Jets or Raiders in as little as 6 days later?? (they could play on Saturday Jan 7th).

I'm not saying they'll throw the game ... but there will be no effort on their part to prepare or play hard at all. Losing actually benefits them ... so we're fucked. we would need a miracle.

It's funny ... the Colts helped us in 2009, and as it turns out, they just Killed us the other night with that last second win.

#266 truthbtold, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That old saying "don't let the <insert team here> beat you twice" doesn't seem to hold up too well under Ryan so far. It seems like whenever the Jets lose a big game they follow it up with a giant turd burger.

I think this could be caused by a fundamental problem in Ryan's approach. He's too much like a fan in a way and too honest about how he feels about the importance of games. Fans call games "must win" all the time when it's really not true. Ryan seems to do the same. When you get the team all amped up for a "must win" and fall short, it's a giant emotional let down (no pun intended). Why does the next game matter if you lost the game you "must win"?

Of course these guys are all professionals and they need to go to work every week, but let's face it, in every profession you have slackers and boneheads. Those guys are the ones that will fall into the trap that Ryan sets. You can't have that in the ultimate team sport.

We love Ryan for his openness and for being a little like us, but I really think he needs to reel that in a little bit.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think there's alot of validity in this and have been thinking about it since last season (especially leading to the AFCC). Alot of Ryan's approach is emotional. Yeah, he has shown that it can work, but the downside is that it is hard to maintain that "up" when you're relying on emotion.
    Personally, I feel being mentally & emotionally drained is more tiring that being physically tired. I think this has shown up with this team more than once. The bad side of the double edged sword of wearing your emotions on your sleeve.
    Time to take a more workman-like approach.

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Truth be told, making the playoffs is possible, but this team has no chance to beat anyone this year. It's almost better to lose a 3rd game, guarantee Schotty getting fired, maybe guarantee no more Sanchez, and get a better pick...

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's exactly my thought process, I only need a few examples

Last season, Monday night game against New England, we get our doors absolutely blown off and we follow up with a 10-6 home loss to the pathetic Dolphins.

Playoffs, we beat the snot out of New England only to come out flat against the Steelers.

This season, we get rocked by the Pats on Sunday only to play a lifeless uninspired game against Denver.

Rex had the Giant game circled as soon as the schedule came out and falling flat was a major setback emotionally for this team. This was probably the 2nd biggest game of the season for him after the Pats game on Sunday night.

That being said, we're just not that good. We have no playmakers, the Giants had 2 and they were the difference. Cruz and Pierre-Paul have been mkaing plays for them all season and continued to do so on Sunday.

11. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Ran across a website that had the probability of the Jets' making the playoffs at 13%.

Bengals 59%
    Raiders 19%
    Titans 9%

12. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Reminds me of the Favre year.... The season is already kaput and here we come served on a platter to a Miami team licking it's chops and playing decent ball. A team that would LOVE to shove it up Rex's Ass.

The only thing missing is Chad Pennington as their QB.

Same ole.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You know what's crazy? I'm not worried about the Jets getting help, I bet they'll get all the help they need and then some (all the teams win and then Arian Foster gets hurt missing the first round of the playoffs). I'm extremely worried that the Dolphins will win Sunday making it all null & void.

14. Massena

Massena New Member

I hate to say this but even if we make the playoffs, we still have the same team and the same coaches that got us into this wishing and hoping scenario, It isn't just blind luck that the JETS have the record they have, they played the games, not us. This year's version is not as advertised. The ultimate responsibility for that falls on Rex and Tanny. However, as someone paraphrased Parcells, the goal is to get in, then its one game at a time, right? So we wish and hope, instead of sitting here today already in the "show". So it goes... Chances are poor, IMO.

15. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Did it in 2008...

Would sure be fun to do it now with this pathetic bunch of jokers we got...

Folded so fast against the patsies up 17-0...

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know if I would call them pathetic jokers. But I will when Ross hires Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

In 2008 werent the Jets eliminated by gametime? Then if the Jets lost MIA got in but if the Jets won NE got in?

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I think we played the same time as the Pats and the Pats just went up big early so it felt that way.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Agreed. The Texans will play starters I think because they need to give experience to TJ Yates since he just lost to the Colts. They need him to get as much playing time as possible.

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Schotty isn't getting fired and Sanchez is not going anywhere. Looking forward to another season of you crying in the GDTs next year.