for those complaining about our offensive line and defending golden boy Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsown22, Dec 25, 2011.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why, did the guy that squirts the Gatorade bottles into players' mouths on the sideline quit yesterday?

2. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Are you fucking serious? The Vikings CUT McNabb because he was that old and useless. He's been done since 2008...

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Jetsown22 eats da red crayon cuz da red one taste da best

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

This is the key... and I agree completely.

PS in the OP, who is Gabberat!?

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

None of them have to suffer through a QB killing plague that is Brian Schottenheimer.

Next?

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

No offense but this statment is the height of living in a fantasy world. There is no QB in football that is worse at avoiding a hit than Sanchez. Watch him every time he is rushed. He freezes, panics, shuffles his feet, sometimes extends his arm in a statue of liberty pose, sometimes wiggles his arm and sometimes moves his arm around in strange way like he is faking throwing the ball to a lineman, all before deciding what to do. Which is usually crumple into a ball.

This is why Terrell Suggs said Sanchez is soft, Because according to Suggs when rushed Sanchez gives up on the play. Watch the games and this is pretty obvious. Almost every sack and hit Sanchez has taken this year has been self inflicted. Sanchez has the athletic ability but he plays scared. He panics and just waits to get hit, taking the sack in the pocket or running blindly into a defender taking a sack. But this blind panic infects all of Sanchez's game. When his 1st receiver is covered you can see the look of panic on his face as he has no idea what to do next. One can almost see him sweating through his uniform. The man plays in a constant state of terror.

There has not been a QB in the NFL in many many years with worse happy feet in the pocket than Sanchez. He simply is a modern day version of Rob Johnson. A sack machine. The funny thing is Sanchez takes a lot less hits than most QBS because he almost never stays in the pocket absorbing a hit when throwing the ball. Watch a real NFL QB and notice how many times he gets leveled as he throws the ball. Or watch how many times the real QB extends the play. This is almost never the case with sanchez. Usually he just freezes, panics, shuffles and then crumples up anytime someone is close. He will not throw the ball away if he has to take hit doing it.

Sanchez's name should simply be Sackchez.

#26 Noam, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  7. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Did Shotty teach him how to pump fake 5 times, have a 50% completion rate while averaging under 5 yards,fumble the ball, throw into 5 wide receivers, only look at 1 receiver, throw the ball and try to get your wr's head knocked off to? shotty is terrible but he isn't responsible for Sanchez not being able to play like a Nfl Qb, factor out the stats and just watch how many stupid decisions he makes each game.

#27 jetsown22, Dec 25, 2011
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Schottenheimer could not work with ANY QBs he had before Sanchez either. Makes me doubt where the smoke is - and it is not where QB is at.

If you want to go down that path:

Sure, Schottenheimer may not directly have instructed Pennington to throw pick-6's at each and every crunch time. Or he didn't ask Favre to chug up 22 INTs either. But if the scheme is so terrible, then there is only so much a QB can do. Receivers running shit route will kill any QB any day of the week. (You speak like you haven't seen that immortal 5 WRs on 5 button hooks - that play was called on 3rd and 6, and all 5 ran a yard short.)

#28 Zach, Dec 25, 2011
  9. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Brett Favre had Coles and Cotchery as his #1 and #2 receivers, id put Braylon edwards and Santonio holmes way up the ladder from those 2 guys. Also it was no secret Favre was injured that season and guess what even with all those things in mind he still passed for more yards and and had a higher rating then any off Sanchez's 3 years. Oh ya and most shocking fact? Brett Favre had a 65.7% completion rating that year while having a higher per pass avg while Sanchez is pathetic and never topped 56%. Get the picture that he is innacurate, inconsistent and sucks yet? So next argument please?

#29 jetsown22, Dec 25, 2011
  10. mystikol

mystikol New Member

What is the rate of hits and sacks per pass attempt? We throw less than many other teams.

Also, I love how you say that other teams don't have a "proballer" at every position, yet Sanchez is the problem; even if he's 20th in the league, that should be okay since not every other team has a "proballer" at QB, based on your theory.

Or maybe everyone has a proballer at QB, but just not at the other positions. It's not quite clear.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

It is most definitely the O line. I was at the game yesterday and other than Mangold they all looked pretty bad. In fast the next best is Slauson. Brick and Moore played poorly and Hunter was beat almost every play. If he's not letting his man get around him he is getting manhandled into the backfield. It was really pretty awful to watch.

12. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You mean this one?:)

13. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

Was anybody at the game?? because I was and I paid close attention to Sanchez and how he went thru his reads etc.

What I saw:
    1) Sanchez does not tip off who is throwing the ball during his pre-snap routine.
    2) Sanchez DOES go through his progressions. Just because a Play is called for Sanchez to make a quick pass to a certain receiver doesn't mean he "locks on"
    3) Sanchez does hold onto the ball, but Holmes cannot beat double teams and Plax is slow.
    -Ex. Sanchez rolls out avoiding pressure, points @ Plax for the deep ball and Plax didn't have the speed to out run the DB nor get close to the ball. (This is an area many of us overlooked when we lost Braylon. His pure athleticism allowed him to be a huge asset during a broken play.

4)Sanchez is far from great, but he has improved tremendously, a good amount of his in completions were due to receivers not looking for the ball. (If you know your QB is going to see pressure you need to be ready to catch the ball at any point in the route.) Drops kill drives.

5)On Sanchez Pick @ around 50 yrd line with the high deep safety. Kerley clearly made the wrong read and stopped rather than continuing his route and allowing Sanchez to drop it in between the LB and S. I'm not saying it was a perfect throw by any means, but Kerley is rookie and clearly made the wrong read or ran the wrong route (it happens hes only a rookie).

Lastly, Sanchez is far from great but our "Superb" WR & TE's aren't doing their job to our expectations. Many may disagree with me but I really think we have something special in Sanchez, I don't think hes ready to carry a team with this level of talent, but I think with a true #1 and a deep threat and possibly a new OC, he can turn into the quarterback we have all been looking for.

Take it for what it is, this is just what I saw.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

he may be a proballer.

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Can someone ban this fucking TROLL. Hey "jetsown22" what are you 12? Stop with the POINTLESS threads. And while you're at it, jump in a pool of Magic Johnson's blood.

17. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

You said something last night in another thread that was spot on. So is this. The entire team outside Revis is pretty awful. Yet we are trying to run out on Mark Sanchez? Selfish bastards.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yes, he's a troll.

But in this era of TGG, they are just posters with different opinions.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Look. I disagree with him - that much you should know. But you know what? I will defend his right to say what he wishes to say - even at the cost of my own.

20. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

If you listen to mark's post game pressers it's clear when he thinks a mistake was someone else's fault.

Cases in point - on Saturday, Mark thought Kerley made a mistake on the first INT and he thought Holmes was responsible for the pick at home to Buffalo.