Jets reportedly unsure if franchise QB is on their roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mute, Dec 25, 2011.

1. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

The OL was awful yesterday and has been for much of the season. It's hard for a young QB to be sure of himself if he's concerned about getting flattened.

2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Not sure about Sanchez. My gut tells me he can play. NFL history is loaded with guys who've raised serious question marks after year three, going back as far as I can remember
    (see Terry Bradshaw) Stay w/Sanchez. Change the OC

3. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Whether Sanchez is our is franchise QB or not, he still deserves to atleast play out his contract. Look at Eli Manning, i dont think Giants fans have really accepted him as the guy until recently. Alex Smith is winning in SF, i mean everybody cant have a Brees, Rodgers or Brady but we can still get it done with this core and with Sanchez as the QB.

4. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

The Jets offense is very predictable. Jets players and players from other teams as well as former Jets players have said so. Some Jets fans have known what plays were coming from their living room once they saw the formation. That probably means that the opposing defenses know the routes as well as the Jets receivers. So wherever the Jets receivers go so do the DBs or LBs. Maybe this explains the poor play of the OL as well. The defense probably knows what moves the OL is going to make and where Sanchez is going to be so that makes the defense job that much easier.

Schotty is an idiot and he must go. He doesn't know how to utilize his players' strengths, attack the defense weaknesses or keep doing what is working and stop doing what is not working. The idiot has too many faults to write about. It would probably take a book.

And another point, look at how frustrated the fans are about the inept and predictable offense. Imagine how much more frustrated and demoralized the players must be. And the worst thing of all is that nothing is being done about it.
    And then we hear that it's the players's fault because they are not executing.

#24 coloradojet, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  5. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i don't think shotty is much of a offensive co but, drew brees had a great season in the last year with san diego and guess who was the offensive co that year.

i just think some qb's have "it" and some don't. sanchez is the "don't".

he is what his stats say he is, the bottom 1/3 in qb play and ratings! 3 years in the league and those are his stats. enough said!

6. Henryflo1

Henryflo1 Member

If we let go of Sanchez this early, we will regret and pay for it dearly. It will be Pennington but a million times worse.

7. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Love the Kid, but his progression is not where it needs to be, his decision making under pressure is below average, his accuracy has gone out the window, and he is playing scared.

No doubt some of the tools he has to work with have not been there either and this does not help. I also think the lack of a solid veteran who can actually push Mark would have helped. I also think havong that Vet would finally resolve the question about our OC.

Face it, if Mark got pull and the Vet came in and moved the team under the same system
    or sparked the team, we would have our answer. I have no doubts that behind closed doors the question of " is Mark our Future " has been coming up. I am sure they just keep it queit as to not make and already shaky situation even worst....

One thing for certain, this offseason should be very interesting

8. Henryflo1

Henryflo1 Member

Really Schott wass the coordinator for Brees? Where is your proof?

9. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

A million times zero is still zero. Seriously, who regrets letting go of Pennington?

10. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

agreed!
    When you look at Cam Newton and Andy Dalton, both look better then Sanchez right now. Which is more damaging evidence that Sanchez
    can't and won't ever be able to carry a team which is what a QB has to be able to do ultimately to win a championship in the modern NFL.It's
    a QB league.

11. Henryflo1

Henryflo1 Member

Nah i agree Pennington sucks, i was referring to the abysmal performance that made the Dolphins win the AFC east.

12. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

QB coach I believe

13. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

1st off, take rapelissbergher out of this grouping, he showed far more promise in his first season than sanchez ever has.

also, just because you can name mainly 1 qb that took 3 or 4 years to develope, doesn't mean it's going to happen for sanchez. chances/odds are that there are 100x the examples that did not pan out and thats closer to the actual odds for sanchez than using that of drew brees!

14. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Is Shotty partially to blame - yep and even as a past defender of him , feel its time to go in a different direction at OC.

Did the Oline cause issues - absolutely. Depth was a major problem and Mr T has to do a better job of shoring up this unit in 2012.

Did the Wr's/Te's lack of focus and speed cause problems - absolutely . Too many times Holmes and Burress seemed to be freelancing and dogging it on their routes. Keller seemed to develop stone handitis as well . With Holmes' contract he's here next year and I believe Kerley can develop into a Welker like slot machine, but we need a speed threat at WR and a quality blocking TE - goodbye and good riddance Mulligan.

But as a Jet fan I pray we read this following news blurb when the season's over. Mark Sanchez will be having surgery to repair a partially torn shoulder tendon.

Nothing else can explain why this team in lieu of all the issues listed above never tried to to stretch the field. Even the dumbest of dumb Oc's/Hc's know you need to stretch the field every now and then to open up lanes for your offense.

My theory is Sanchez was hurt pretty badly in the Oak/Balt games and the Jets really had nowhere to go, couldn't use Brunell , had no 3rd stringer with Mcelroy down and didn't want pay a king's ransom for a retread loaner. The Jets and Rex felt they could ground & pound and ride the dink/dunk ball control offense. If I'm right it I'll feel relieved as there's hope for this offense, if I wrong it means the offense for all intents and purposes nees to be blown up.

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Nah, you are wrong. You are stating facts and in here the weekend armchair warriors' opinion is the rule of thumb.

Pennington and Favre's career numbers after they left Schotty's offense never happened.

One thing to remember - Sanchez doesn't "have it".

You heard it here, so you now have the inside scoop. Run and tell everyone.

16. Henryflo1

Henryflo1 Member

After all of a sudden I think Sanchez has the most game winning or 4th quarter drives or close to that? So what makes it seem that he doesnt have "it"

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

What is indisputable is that the offense is a problem. That's mostly a reflection of Schottenheimer and Sanchez. One of them has to go.

18. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Because some guy a few posts above said it. It must be true, right?

19. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

If this is true, this team is outrageous. Regardless, portions of its fanbase are outrageous.

Sanchez, is a developing QB that has yet to develop, but has shown glimpses of excellence as well as signs of ineptitude, which could be a result of many things. No one can be sure if he will become the franchise QB, but because of that uncertainty,send him packing.

A RB in Greene who has over the past two years has taken about half of the season to get his legs going and has shown signs of injury. Still, he has shown glimpses of strong runs and that he can be used in big spots. Also possibly still too young to move on from. One thing though, he might not be the only back this team can rely on.

WR's in Plaxico and Holmes that couldn't care less about the team. The only way to win is through them. If they are not getting looks, expect a 20% minimum drop off in effort. The problem is circular, though. They rarely get open, leading to drop in looks. The drop off in looks feeds the cycle.

Dustin Keller goes through phases of reliability and unreliability. Whether he is dropping passes (could be to a lack of use) or dangerously flipping over a defender to add a yard to the play, he isn't stepping up when the team needs him to. He seems to vanish on the teams relevance meter. Only time he gets looks is when Sanchez is allowed to make the calls himself.

LT is still a usable back with durability issues. Probably the most consistent player on offense if not for the injuries.

Offensive line. No.

All of the question marks surrounding this team on the offensive side and it is Sanchez taking the heat. The funny thing is, regardless of how bad you may think he is, HE IS THE ONLY BRIGHT SPOT ON THIS OFFENSE... regardless of how dim that may be.

20. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I might be done with this franchise if we dump Mark without giving him a chance with a different OC first. thats a ridiculous SOJ type of move right here