Moore to be with team for rest of season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeWillie130, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

On the 5 receiver 5 yard curl/outs...Sanchez looked left first and then right, knew he needed to get rid of the ball quick because of the routes everyone was running. Quickest guys are McKnight and Kerley on his right. He threw to Kerley, which is the wrong decision but as another said the double team on Kerley just would have been shifted to McKnight once the pass was thrown.

Who can blame Sanchez being confused and not throwing to the best possible guy on 3rd down when we have had O-Line issues throughout this point in the season (first Buff game) and the playcall is that ill-advised? Sanchez must have been thinking twice as fast as he needs to rather than just reacting to the game on the field.

Schottenheimer is not the right guy for this team. I'm all for Moore helping out, and it has produced miracles in the RZ.

Don, where did it say Moore wanted to be an OC next year?

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so it's all b/c of the safeties? Come on.

Do you think Callahan has done a good job? we brought in a consultant to help the OL.

4. Big Blocker

You miss the point completely. If the play had been properly executed, it would have likely worked. And if it worked why would it not have been a good play design?

The lack of football knowledge by many of the Schotty Haters is becoming more obvious every day here.

5. Going4TheGreen

No, I said LB.

I answered the Callahan thing for him.

6. Big Blocker

You are making a fundamental assumption without any basis, and that is that Moore's job is solely to look at Schotty's performance. He is in fact working with the entire offense, not just looking over Schotty's shoulder.

Here's an alternative scenario to the Schotty Haters' preferred urban legend on this.

Let's say Ryan is not sure what is out of synch in the passing game's execution. Pass blocking was a problem earlier this year. The OL has gotten better the last two weeks, but maybe Ryan is still concerned, and more to the point even with the OL doing better, Sanchez is still maddeningly inconsistent. Moore is already on as a consultant. Maybe he, with his history getting one of the best passing attacks in recent memory, can help provide a fresh set of eyes on what is going on here.

Maybe Ryan is not sure about the job Cavanaugh is doing, or Callahan. Maybe he wants to have Moore confirm or disagree with Schotty not on the playcalling, but on how the junior coaches are doing their job.

Maybe maybe maybe...

The point is Ryan can be asking Moore to look at any number of things other than what you and the Schotty Haters think is wrong with Schotty, and you just plain don't know what Ryan is concerned about.

You just assume it has to be the same concerns you have.

Ryan clearly does not share the Schotty Haters' assessment of Schotty. If he did, Schotty would have been gone a long time ago.

When does the Fire Ryan! thread get started?

7. Going4TheGreen

The offense is primarily Schotty's responsibility. He is the boss of the offense. The buck stops with him, if Rex brought Moore in its because he admits that he personally doesn't know how to correct the offense's issues any more than Schotty does.

I'm sure Moore is evaluating everyone. Anyone who wants Schotty fired and Callahan or Cavanaugh promoted isn't paying attention. The bottom line is the offense is Brian's responsibility, and the offense is not good. So Rex wants someone who has had success in here to pick his brains. Good for Rex.

For all of his shortcomings in only his 3rd year, Sanchez does do something consistently: win.

#107 Going4TheGreen, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  8. Big Blocker

You have misread. I am the one who quoted Ryan, and I am pretty sure I am far more intelligent than you.

But as I said you misread. I quoted Ryan to show that Ryan denied Moore's being there is a knock on Schotty. That is what he said. How or whether I defend Schotty, or don't, is not the point. It is what Ryan said.

If the logic is what Ryan said in effect is a defense of of Schotty, as I concede it probably is, it is not me defending him. It is Ryan defending him.

So, my quoting Ryan and his effective defense of Schotty specifically respecting the speculation in this thread by the Schotty Haters that Moore's role is evidence that Schotty is about to be shown the door is, in your words, idiotic and in denial.

Like I said, I have reason to think I am far more intelligent than you.

9. Big Blocker

You are incorrect. Responsibility for the O is shared by a few, including Schotty, but not only him. Schotty reports to the HC, and by either commission or omission the HC is responsible for the performance of his subordinates. There is in fact substantial evidence despite Ryan's defensice background that he has input on the offense.

Ryan also hired and is the only person on the coaching staff who can fire the more junior coaches, here specifically including Callahan and Cavanaugh. Those two have input on the offense, and can and do affect its performance. They may report to Schotty, but they also report to Ryan, and Ryan is the person as between Ryan and Schotty who is responsible for their being there, or not.

The roster and personnel also affects the performance of the team, and here not only does Ryan have input, but the whole thing is controlled by the front office, specifically Tanny. So Tanny is responsible as well.

And Woody for better or worse is somewhat involved as an owner. He's no Leon Hess. He may not be a Jerry Jones, either, but he also is involved.

So you are just plain wrong to say Schotty is solely responsible.

10. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

No you are missing the point completely. Whether the play worked or didnt work is irrelevant. The fact that he drew up a play for a first down where every single receiver ran the same route SHORT of the first down is just poor design.

You are the one with the lack of football knowledge.

11. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

First of all please don't start by trying to insult me directly by saying you are more intelligent than I am. Its stupid. I never once said Moore being brought in is evidence that Schotty is being shown the door. And Rex is going to defend his people no matter what.

12. Big Blocker

You started with the insults. You said anyone quoting Ryan to defend Schotty is stupid or delusional. I quoted Ryan, and for the purpose and with the validity I said it had in my previous post. It was neither stupid nor delusional for me to do so.

Saying Ryan will defend his people hardly means he is lying. What is the alternative? He defends people who report to him. Duh. That is supposed to mean he really thinks they suck? If he thought that, he would have fired them, or HE is an idiot.

I don't think Ryan is an idiot. I don't think he lies all the time, either.

But I started nothing. YOu did.

13. Big Blocker

If the play had worked, that is irrelevant to whether it was a good play?

I'd just as soon not have your kind of "football knowledge."

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

#114 Hobbes3259, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  15. Big Blocker

16. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

You my friend are a lost cause. If the play had worked it would have been in spite of the play design. And as for the Ryan comments I agree that he doesn't always lie but you are talking like you assume he is always telling the truth. The fact that none of us truly know what he thinks makes it pointless to use his words as evidence to back up our arguments.

17. Going4TheGreen

I said primarily, and I recognized everyone has input.

The offensive coordinator of a team with a HC with solely defensive background is definitely the most responsible for the performance of the offense. Not budging. I agree that it's Rex's job to recognize where the problem lies. That's why Moore is here.

I also allowed that Moore was brought in to help everyone, including Rex. To which point I said good for Rex. I recognize Moore's value to the team, and also recognize Schotty being the biggest handicap. Not budging on that, either.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

19. BookEndTackles 72&79

There was a running play to Greene in the WAS game where Santonio goes in motion towards the center of the field and is blocker at the point of attack behind the O line. This is so completely stupid on so many levels I don't know where to begin. If someone can find that play and post it we can put it up next to the 5 wide play that is on here. It's infuriating.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Wouldn't Callahan be responsible for the blocking scheme?