Moore to be with team for rest of season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeWillie130, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Running is one thing. Go back, watch the tapes. He passes out of that formation on first down constantly.

2. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

As far as Moore as an offensive coordinator I don't see that happening. He is way up there in age and I'm not sure if he would want that at this point. I think he's here more to observe and then consult Rex on what should be done differently or what can be done better. I think it is a way for Rex who's not an offensive guru to get a gauge on why the offense is struggling. Moore will let him know if he thinks it's coaching, personnel or a little of both. Whatever Rex learns from Tom could be key in decisions like if we bring back Schotty or some of the offensive personnel on this team.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Well I'm sure he does but I would not say constantly. You can't run every single down but he definitely runs more then passes. This is a formation every team uses why is it so terrible?

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Our O has held the ball longer than opponents, that is always the excuse for the failures of the D but very rarely do opponents control the clock more than we do.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Rex isn't going to roast any of his coaches in the media. What's he going to say? "Yeah, we brought Moore in because Schotty sucks." Give me a break.

If you have a job and you're doing a great job, do you think they're going to bring someone in to to supervise you all day everyday? To me that sounds like a lack of confidence.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me. Moore is one of the best offensive football coaches in the history of the NFL. Any offense would take him on as a consultant and would be stupid not to do so. It can only help to keep him with the team so they want him around. You don't think if Dick Lebeau was hired as a defensive consultant and wanted to be around the team they wouldn't let him because our defense is already doing a pretty good job?

7. nyjunc

we brought in a consultant for the OL too, did that mean Callahan wasn't doing a good job?

8. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

The player who stopped the completion would've just ran to McKnight. I believe that was Ihedigbo. They are all running comebacks short of the first down.

This is possibly the worst play design I have ever seen, other than our players runninn into eachother of course :rofl:

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think if you look at the way our offense has gone you'd see that we either have a long scoring drive or a quick 3 and out (or close to it). While that may add up to a decent time of possession, it's difficult for the defense to handle multiple consecutive 3 and out situations throughout the game. If they could just be more consistent on offense I think we'd have much more success on both sides of the ball.

10. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

:rofl: At the Jets paying Moore just to observe

If he is he's probably observing schoddys madness and will advise we get rid of him at the end of year

11. nyjunc

Those are excuses for our D, we had the ball the majority of the night in den then they allowed Den to go 95 yds, the week before we controlled the clock in the 1st half then they allowed NE to go 80 yds in a minute for a huge TD before the half. Last week they allowed Wash to come out and control the clock and score a TD- shouldn't they have been fresh to start the game? Enough excuses for the D.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why does it have to be an excuse for the D? The D has it's own issues. The offense does too, and one odd one is that they seem to be feast or famine.

13. nyjunc

B/c every time the D fails(and they fail plenty) we always hear those excuses. I don't buy them, the D has failed too often in big spots in games where we held the ball longer than opponents.

14. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

Still doesnt make it a good play design.....

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

and as I said, if you at your job felt that you were doing a great job, do you think your boss would get a consultant to "help you out" if they felt the same?

16. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I think we all know we need safety help.

Eric Smith = Tebow touchdown
    Eric Smith/Brodney Pool = unable to contain Gronkowski
    Eric Smith/Jim Leonard/Brodney Poole = unable to contain Fred Davis or help against Roy Helu once he got to the second level. Combination of poor angles and being too slow.

Helu got to the second level because Thomas is gone.

So yes, we do need LB help and S this offseason.

17. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Maybe the FO actually recognized we were in deep once Turner got hurt and Ducasse wasn't progressing at all because Hunter isn't a starter. Instead of some ideas that Tanny just strokes his own ego all day about signing LT and Plaxico.

18. Hobbes3259

Because he passes out of it constantly, and worse, on first down.

You can say he doesn't but the tape doesn't lie.

(For a glaring example (and worse 1 WR) go over to the Sanchez pick thread).

We ran that same play earlier in the game from almost exactly the same spot.

19. Hobbes3259

Conversely, do you think you'd see Pittsburgh bringing in a consultant to coach up LeBeau?

20. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

People on here using the words of Rex to defend Schotty are either idiots or in denial.