17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sg3

sg3 Banned

sorry, Uncle Angry -- but when you say something that is correct, I will have to agree with you.

and don't worry about your friend, the world's oldest Mouseketeer --- he's permanently on the ignore list where he belongs

#12821 sg3, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  2. sg3

sg3 Banned

for the record --- virtually any PSL or Club seat you put up for sale at stubhub or NFL Ticket Exchange gets sold for a heathy profit. I was traveling for the Buffalo game and got 275 bucks a seat net for my seats using stubhub

you can get mid row UD deck seats for 55 bucks or so, though

#12822 sg3, Dec 7, 2011
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

And I thought this post would die 2 weeks after the first season. I under estimated this site and posters. Wow!!!!

4. timdastis

timdastis New Member

I have a question for the forum - hopefully this is the right place to get me a decent answer

I am going to my first game since the new stadium was built. I got the tickets through ScoreBig and they did not include a parking pass - since I will be driving to the game and tailgaiting what do i do? My interpretation from the jets' website is that a parking permit is required before arriving at the stadium, but I am unsure if this is actually true - if I need to obtain a parking permit, where is the best/cheapest place to grab one?

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yes you can get upper deck seats real real cheap but as far as him getting $275 ? Maybe he did get it , maybe he did not .He has lied about so much other crap I might as well call BULLSHIT on this as well. I am not sure how many people on here own CLUB seats but I gotta ask " why on earth would they sell them in the fisrt place " ? As for any other lower level seat or mezz seat ,I can say for a FACT that they are not selling at any "healthy profits", in fact you are lucky if you can get face value or slightly over for them. You think that KC is a hot ticket ? Go to Stubhub rite now and see how many seats are available and for what price because they will not go up between now and sunday only down. Hell the Jets are still running promos for "good seats being available " and it's home game # 7 with one to go--how embarrassing:eek:fftopic:
    Also can someone let The Shill = SG3 know if meeting me at my seat or my tailgate is a problem for him to let me know where he will be talegating or sitting as I will be more than happy to and can easily make time to bring him that Beer or Soda I offered . :breakdance:

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

TIMD you will need a pass to get in any lot---orange passes are far away---Yellow are not bad at all and green gets you anywhere---go on stubhub or ticket exchange there are lots of passes there-----you can get one for face or slightly over--good luck.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 ,,,,,,,,you sir also have a beer or sodapop coming your way also --so if you are attending----post it or pm me and we will hookup:)

hell if the SHILL ever grows a gonad we can go visit him together and have a laugh and a beverage :beer:
    227 be well either way buddy

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i got $800 for 4 upper deck end zone seats to the giants in the beginning of the year. all about timing.not a chance do u see that for any other game. patriots came close but still

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Sadly, this is true. You need a parking pass.

In days gone by, and in a land and time in the past mostly forgotten by most these days, one was able to pull up to a wonderful football stadium called Giants Stadium and pay for parking in any lot they desired, on the spot, and then tailgate anywhere they so desired, and then go in and have an excellent seat and a more than excellent view of the field. And most were under cover too. And the seats were reasonable and you could take your kids on an elevator ride that actually delivered the entire family to the proper tier nonstop. And then one could exit them safely too, via the same escalator.

But those days are but mere memories now. Buy an expensive parking pass online, then go there and park your vehicle after you deal with egregious traffic snarls, and then deal with the reality that is now Woody's New Lost-Life Mausoleum Stadium.

10. sg3

sg3 Banned

to answer timhastis' question without the hatred and irrational anger expressed by Uncle Angry, above:

Parking passes have been required since 2009 (which by the way was a season where games were still played in the broken down old dungheap with HUGE Giants signs on the outside.

You can get them at stubhub very easily and maybe even for less than face value (recommend waiting until Friday to find these as some prices are reduced) and they get sent to your email account as a PDF file you can download. Try and get a Yellow or Green pass if you can so that you can park closer to the stadium.

Hope this helps

I apologize if Mouseketeer Annette already answered your question since he remains on ignore forever

#12830 sg3, Dec 7, 2011
  11. Section 227. Row 5

Translation:

Orange passes are worthless. Your choices are to either take the overhead ramp to get from the other side of the highway to the stadium or walk miles from the northernmost part of the northern hemisphere along the Canadian border. In either case, once you reach the gargantious monstrosity, you'll still need to schlepp an additional half mile or so to the entrance, and from there, it's only a half hour trip or so to your seat. Expect twice the hassle upon exit.

The place holds the same amount of fans, yet is so gigantic because of "value-added" bullshit that the main focus of the building is to lure recipients of wealthy inheritances to pre-dispose of their expected dowries. In other words, hide your Orange pass once inside, lest you be taken for an ignorant commoner who is foolishly spending beyond his means.

Orange passes are for peasantry who have no business being in the company of the Well-Heeled and Entitled. This is why JO-sg3 is recommending Green or Yellow.

12. sg3

sg3 Banned

I park one of those lots "on thei other side of the highway and use the pedestrian bridge". Its the same lot I parked in for years and gives me quick access to the Turnpike North without circling the stadium twice and paying an extra toll. I'm not sure if it orange or yellow (it is colored differently in different parking maps) but it is the most convenient for me

I am far from well heeled or entitled, After all, I was only mere enlisted piece of cannon fodder, not a fancy officer spending my time in the private clubs full of perks and privileges. I was smart enough (and financially well off enough) to make the wise long term decision to finally move my seats from the UD where I sat for 27 years down to the lower level where I avoid all of the travail, schepps, stairways and windy uncovered concourses of upper deck seats

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

SHILL = see the above post :breakdance:

14. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Wow, Jets vs Chiefs tickets are dropping! You would think the Jets are out of the playoff race or something!

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Grindhouse , it is amazing is it not ? Look how many seats are still available again this week . I see the prices are still going down but don't tell " THE SHILL / SG3 " that this is happening because he and many others are making healthy profits each week by selling their tickets well above face value :rofl:

I only hope that it is not KC fans buying these tickets but if you are going to this game as was at all the others the visiytng teams fans will be out there in force--so much for a home field advantage--it's there but NO WHERE NEAR what it should be .

If the Giants win this week ,,,HOW MANY Giant fans will show up Xmas eve? I say the place will be a 50 / 50 split

16. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I'm no sure about the SG3 history.. but I did sell my pair in sec 135 for $425 (including a parking pass) I haven't lost money on any tickets i've been stuck with last season or this year. I"m sure if they have a 6-10 season, that will obviously change. Oh well, can't worry about it either way.

17. sg3

sg3 Banned

no sense trying to talk sense here at the home of Jet Hatred....

Uncle Angry and his pet mouse Mickey won't allow it

go to stubhub and look at the average prices obtained for my section -- My 275 was roughly the average or maybe even just below the average. Huge difference in value in the secondary market between the good seats all selling way above face and the parachute seats which are available for less than half of face value

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You can pay $50 and park by the Izod, no pass needed, they just rape you

19. Section 227. Row 5

I am going to research this and perhaps others can do it with me also.

A superficial perusal of StubHub seems to prove you wrong. It looks like LL tickets for the Kansas City game (lets compare apples with apples) are losers at face value. This doesn't even touch the PSL money spent, just the ticket price, which would make the PSL purchases dump on an already losing situation, making the ticket prices that much more of a loser.

I am seeing LL prices that are well below face. Granted, StubHJub was fucked up when I went on it tonight (what is going on with this site anyway, they always seem to slow or down?), but this is what I am seeing as far as secondary value for your beloved PSL seating.

It's still a fucked up choice, IMO. Shelling out that kind of up-front money is ridiculous.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

to spend money for the right to buy a ticket is complete bullshit, to be held hostage to anything that might occur by that same money is even worse.

i really really miss gordon geckos posts about ticket pricing. i will see if i can go back and copy/paste his last post in this thread back to this area so we can see the change over time.