aaron maybin is our best pass rusher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

well then who is our best passrusher? IMO he is it! As Tuna says: You are what your record says. Mayhem has 6 sacks. who else has 6 sacks on our team?

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

No I don't think so. not until after the second bills game anyways.

Maybin had 3 coverage sacks on the year before that. he was captain hustle, and working his ass off, but he was not a pass rushing demon. Couple that with the belief he was terrible. They ignored him.

last week, he spent the day in Fitz' face and racked up a couple more sacks. Today, he lived in the backfield. What did he have 5 QB hits today? thats fantastic. Teams are going to take notice going forward.

My favorite part of Mayhem, is he is developing. He isnt just a straight speed rush anymore. He is running stunts, he is coming with the bull rush (see sack today) he has been breaking out the spin move more of late. He is adding moves to his repretoire and thats only going to make him better, more dangerous and we will be reaping the benefits for a long time. Fantastic to have finally found some kind of pass rusher.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He keeps trying to improve and you can't teach heart and hustle...

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

If we could get some other kind of passrusher in the draft to put on the opposite side of Maybin we could actually have a respectable pass rush.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Mick wrote that a long time ago. Mayhem's technique has come a long way, he is varying up his moves and getting better seemingly with every snap he gets on the field. He still has an awfully long way to go to become a real dominant pass rusher, but Jets fans everywhere are rejoicing he is on our roster. He rededicated himself to football between the final cutdown and his return a few weeks later. He is fired up, kicking ass and earning more and moretime on the field with each dropback of the QB

6. matt robinson 17

Pace and Westerman 4 each in twice the playing time...

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Didn't mean it to sound like he wasn't. I love that about him. He is putting it all out there every snap to get better. His motor is non-stop and his heart is simply great to have on our defense.

Absolutely. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT count on Mayhem becoming all world and pass on a pass rusher in the draft. If one is there, we need to take him. Maybe Mayhem pans out and becomes the next Demarcus Ware, then the guy next to him gives us two top end rushers. If Maybin doesnt become anything more than situational, we have a guy ready to become great on his other side, only making Maybin better.

8. matt robinson 17

I understood what you meant, he is also very intelligent...

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

THIS!

he does get blown up on some plays, but fuck it...... dude does eventually make a play. I wish everyone hustled like he does! :drunk:

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

What does record have to do with sacks?

You didnt help your opinion.

The most complete rusher is westerman. The most complete OLB is Pace. The fastest rusher is Maybin.

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Maybin is a fighter, and showed it today. Came with a key sack/fumble. Great job today.

12. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

How many pressures did the guy have today? Does anyone know?

Grossman threw the ball away at least twice with Maybin in his face.

Gotta give props to my fellow Rutgers alum Westerman as well. He had a couple of key sacks.

13. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

He's definitely our best rusher...even if he gets washed out....he comes back and gets pressure and the hits.. thats what a PASS RUSHER does.

He's the best pass rusher.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Aaron Maybin went from a bust to a beast in no time. He puts on about 15 LBS in the off-season he will be wrecking shit all next season.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I won't care if he doesn't get ten. He has already done way more than I ever thought he could. At first I appreciated his hustle but didn't see much more than a guy with a high motor. He has started to incorporate a few different moves into his skillset and his ability to beat a block once engaged has gotten steadily better. This season is already a great first step for him, get him in a weight room all off season and the sky is the limit next year.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

That is the part that gives me high hopes for him. At first he was just a guy who wouldnt give up and would get a coverage sack. Now he is showing that he can beat a defender. He still gets dominated sometimes and doesn't come close to the play but he is also more consistently getting pressure. I saw one move where it looked like a speed rush trying to get outside but then switched inside and bull rushed, broke through and got close to the QB and forced a pass incomplete. That is not something we would have seen earlier in the season.

17. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Can't wait for him next year

18. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

Good post, I was going to say the same thing!

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Maybin has been breaking out all kinds of moves too.

Ive seen him spinning a ton, though the guy still ends up on the ground alot. Still fucking awesome

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

few more pics

[​IMG]
    this is some sorta poetic justice right here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]