DeAngelo Hall: "Sanchez Middle Pack QB"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Burnz, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Jason Witten, Rob Gronkowski, Fred Davis, JerMichael Finley, Brandon Pettigrew, Jermaine Gresham, and Ed Dickson are TEs I'd take over Keller.

Tony Gonzalez is too old and might not even be better than Keller at this exact time. Probably still is, but we'll say it's arguable.

Antonio Gates? Cannot stay healthy anymore. Therefore, going forward, Keller is more valuable.

Jared Cook? He's got potential.

2. Trifco

Trifco New Member

So you're saying that he's a top 10 TE in the league?

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He's on the cusp.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I agree with everyone on your list but pettigrew and Dickson. Pettigrew is a better blocker, but is not even close to the receiver keller is. The difference is not made up. But I'll toss in a name you forgot. probably because Manning being out destroys all things Colts from memory. Dallas Clark.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I think Dickson, Pettigrew and Keller are close and they would be on the same tier.

I am not a big fan of Clark. He's a good pass catcher, but not much as a blocker. I think if Keller played with Manning, he'd put up similar numbers as Clark. Harrison, James, and Wayne were bona fide and would have been superb anywhere, but I think guys like Austin Collie and Clark are heavily aided by playing with Manning.

6. RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01 New Member

Why is the video called Rex Ryan fights DeAngelo Hall? It sounds like it should be called "Rex Ryan runs his fat mouth at a player who is downfield hustling to make a TD saving tackle"

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Tight Ends that have been in the league as long as him, or all available Tight Ends?

If players in the league as long as Keller I probably can get to 7. The entire league? I can get to probably 15.

8. S.Kolber set Joe up!

Hall is right on the money with the tunnel-vision comment. A little less of that tomorrow would be nice. I think it's pretty funny that he concedes that Sanchez is definitely not the worst in the league.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This thread should have been entitled 'The definition of mediocrity tries to define mediocrity'.

This turd would have trouble replacing Kyle Wilson in the slit. I mean slot. Sorry FTC.

#89 abyzmul, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Fred Davis hasn't put up better numbers. in fact, despite all the hype, neither has Finley. At best I'd say they're even. As far as Clark goes ... If this season has proved one thing it's that Peyton made every player in that offense look better than they are.

#90 truthbtold, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  11. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Garcon still is putting up decent numbers w/o Manning but yeah that QB literary was their offense. It's crazy

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Take Gresham off. I have both him AND Keller on fantasy and Keller has meant much more for me in fantasy football this year, in part because of Gresham's inability to be healthy.

I also would take Pettigrew off(Last year he would definitely be ahead of Keller though) just because he is not a go to TE in Detroit, Tony Scheffler has taken some of that responsibility.

Fred Davis is also a headcase by all accounts and while he is a good recieving TE, I do question if a team can win with him. Davis is awful in pass protection too.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

ANY TE you would trade him straight up for. If you really think there are 15 guys worth trading for, you're seriously under-valuing Keller. just look at his numbers (increasing for the third straight season BTW) and find me more than a handful of tight ends with similar numbers, and similar upside.

As far as numbers go, the fact is there are only 5 TEs this year who've put up comparable, or better numbers. The stats are there for everyone to see.

14. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I would say Hall nailed it.

15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Sure you can look at individual games (and I can point to the Chargers, Ravens, and other games as well). In the end, after looking at the all of Jets actual opponents the facts show that the Jets Defense has performed well this year. On average they have allowed just under 7 points per game less than what those 11 opponents have typically scored in their games. You can point to individual circumstances (yes the Bronco’s, Oakland, and the Pats games sucked) but overall the “D” has been solid – not world beaters – but solid. To call them poor is a stretch in my opinion.

16. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

D-Hall is probably the player I fear the most today. He is a suspect DB who gets beat alot BUT he has a knack for jumping routes and he is pretty good at running them back once he gets INTs. We all know Mark throws alot of pick 6's AND theres no mystery that we don't mix up our pass game much. My biggest fear is this fag picking off one of our 1000 5 yd cul routes and running it back for a TD. Then I'll have to go to work and hear the Foreskin fans mouth who act like every win is a SB victory.

17. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Yup, agreed. I think we can all agree with D.Hall about where he is right now.

18. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I fear Kerrigan and the 'Skins edge rush the most, but I agree that we have to be very careful with Hall.

Holmes should be able to work Hall all day because he's really mediocre in coverage, but there's no question that he's a playmaker. If Sanchez does lock onto his receiver and telegraph a throw, Hall can make him pay.

19. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Isn't this a generous assessment of Sanchez by Hall? Middle of the pack? The guy is on a Tim Tebow level of ineptness.

Tony Romo is middle of the pack. Eli Manning is middle of the pack. Jay Cutler is middle of the pack. Sanchez is a fringe NFL starting caliber qb at this point.

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You either suck at math or suck at evaluating QB's. Or both.