Wow Schotty..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by raphac, Nov 30, 2011.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I remember the Denver game in a monsoon and he had Favre throwing 40 something times. TJ was having a huge game, coupled with the terrible weather, made it green light conditions for Favre to attempt a ridiculous amount of throws.

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Crazy right?

Schotty sucks, and that's how he keeps his job.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There were seven db's in on that play. Five receivers out. It's not like they should have waited for some post pattern to develop.

I think the play called required the Qb to see which receiver would be open before the greater number of backs could react and cover whoever was most open. Sanchez threw to the wrong receiver.

5. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I think the play could have benefited from at least 2 WR's running something other than what everyone else was doing.

6. Big Blocker

Look at the bottom of the screen and you will find what you were looking for.

7. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

He was open for a nanosecond, the DB on Kerley could have easily closed and taken pass intended for McKnight to the house. The fact that you see this play as normal is kinda alarming. Why are we running plays that require a razors edge margin of error for a QB who is not Tom Brady?

8. Big Blocker

If the play was so stupid given the D on the field, why didn't Sanchez kill the play and audible it? You guys go to absurd lengths to blame EVERYTHING on Schotty.

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

There are many here who beg to differ. You seem to be going to absurd lengths to polish the turd that is the Jets offensive coordinator.

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

dear jackass
    you do realize that Drew Brees had Schotty the year before he was good.

11. Big Blocker

No, I am just not agreeing with the yahoo chorus you are a charter member of who blames EVERYTHING on Schotty.

Link us to one post where you complain about anything Sanchez has ever done wrong. I guess you think he should be going to the Pro Bowl, huh?

Just because I don't whine all day long about Schotty doesn't mean I am going to absurd lengths about anything. With one exception - arguing with you and your Johnny One Note complaints mixed with you crying that people who don't share your hatred is, I will concede, a waste of my time.

Have a nice day, Nancy.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we fell behind early and were playing catch up all game. Favre pass 12 times in the 1st half and 31 times in the 2nd half. It's great to just throw out thoughts but some context would be nice.

13. Big Blocker

You don't know shit about his history.

Schotty was the Qb coach in SD from 2002 to 2005. Drew Brees's Qb rating in 2004 was the second best in his career, the Chargers won their division and Marty S was named coach of the year. Brees also had a ypa of 7.9, threw for 27 td's and had only seven interceptions, went to the Pro Bowl and was named Comeback Player of the Year.

Were you aware of that?

So he had an off year in 2005. He had an 89.2 Qb rating, 7.2 ypa, 24 td's and 15 INT's.

In 2006, with the Saints, he improved from 2005, but his numbers in 2007 were very similar to 2005. 89.4 Qb rating, 6.8 ypa, 28 TD's but 18 INT's. In fact his numbers LAST YEAR were very similar to 2005, as well. But only one year since he left SD (other than htis year, of course) were his stats overall better than 2004, when he had Schotty as his Qb coach.

Get your facts straight, jackass.

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I'll never understand why you Schottenheimner lovers keep defending this turd. At a minimum it's time for a change for change's sake for the shear lack of results, whether or not he's any sort of competent coach (he isn't)

15. Big Blocker

I am not a Schotty lover. It's all relative. I think you Schotty Haters are delusional for thinking he's responsible for all or most or more than others of the problems the Jets have on O. I have said here numerous times that I have no problem with him being canned just to see what happens, but I also have no reason to expect great things to come from his leaving.

In any event I don't think he is leaving any time soon, so I can look forward to you and others continuing to whine about him. If you want to say "look forward".

16. Big Blocker

It's also interesting that when I cite stats to counter the argument made above, I am called a Schotty lover.

You don't like fact based arguments?

17. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

When is your best buddy Schotty going to finally get his offense to strike in the 1st quarter? Doesn't seem to matter what personell or opponent we are up against. Were still waiting.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Tell me about Penny Pre and Post schotty.

19. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

The Big Blockhead doesn't seem to understand the difference between being a "QB coach" under his fathers guidance and being an offensive coordinator for a different team while his Dad is out on the golf course. Schotty has been a disaster as an OC, Every year this team seems to get stuck in the mud, even with different players. What's the common denominator here? Gee whiz?

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You mean when he got him immediately AFTER TWO shoulder surgeries? You guys are so unfair w/ Schottenheimer it's ridiculous. He got him less than a year after his 2nd surgery on his throwing shoulder.