DeAngelo Hall: "Sanchez Middle Pack QB"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Burnz, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Sanchez is a middle of the road QB at this time. Im surprised this thread made it to page 2. Nothing really mid blowing here to discuss...

next.

2. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

well yeah, thats pretty much it

3. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

Really worth discussing?

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The lone voice of SANITY.

You left out OC.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

In order to build Sanchez up, you feel you have to tear down the rest of the team. I understand, since you can't build him up by looking solely at his performance on the field.

I don't envy the job you have set out for yourself.

6. Hobbes3259

BTW... Hall probably isn't watching as much film as he leads one to believe.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Here's what the Jets are right now on offense:

SE - Plaxico Burress, 34 years old and not the receiver he was before he was forced to stop playing for two years late in his prime. He still has the physical ability to go up and get the jump balls but he's slower than he was and he no longer dominates the one-on-one matchups the way he used too. His memorable moments this year have almost all been on jump balls because he doesn't get separation from the defender on anything else. He can still outjump people but that's about the limit of his plus ability at this point. He's a huge downgrade from Braylon Edwards.

LT - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, having an off-season and pressure is coming from the left which it did not during the last two seasons. A good player but nobody is talking about him in terms of Pro Bowl at this point. Another game like the Broncos game and you're going to have people start asking what's wrong with him.

LG - Matt Slauson, not a strong player at all. He can't handle the switches when the defense overloads on his side and that's one of the reasons that blitzes have been so effective coming from that side. Ok in the running game, but he's like Alan Faneca-lite at this point: a poor pass defender who is good in the run game only he's not that good.

C- Nick Mangold, strong player who has been absent due to injury at times and playing at about 75% for much of the year.

C- Colin Baxter, are you kidding me?

RG - Brandon Moore, aging player who is still a plus but he's having real trouble due to the issues on both sides of him this year.

RT - Wayne Hunter, are you kidding me?

TE - Dustin Keller, one dimensional tightend who stretches the field up the middle fairly effectively. Can be shut down by a linebacker chucking him at the line of scrimmage and a safety picking him up after that. This has been the way smart defenses have approached hm all season.

FL - Santonio Holmes, strong system player playing in the wrong system. Has been double-teamed some when the Jets aren't in the spread but has failed to get separation most of the time when single-covered. He and Sanchez just don't have the timing and communication down at this point. Was completed too twice in twelve throws last game. That's just pitiful and there is no way that's all on Sanchez, Holmes is not holding up his end of the bargain either and that's why his season has looked so poor to date. Really misses having a big fast receiver opposite him to stretch the field and force the safeties to take that side into account.

3R - Derrick Mason, bad fit for the system and never really learned it. Caught nothing but comebacks while he was here because Sanchez was under so much pressure from the line leakage. Spoke his mind about what was going on and got traded. He told the truth, BTW.

3R - Jerome Kerley, a bright spot in an otherwise dim picture for the offense. Has settled in as a decent slot receiver and shows flashes of being a playmaker.

2TE - Mathew Mulligan, are you kidding me?

TB - Shonne Greene, good rotational back missing rotational partners. Is not a strong pounding back and when the Jets use him that way he gets banged up. Needs an inside pounder to complement him and also a third down back to catch balls. That's the definition of a rotational back.

FB - John Connor, sees very little play because he was drafted to be part of ground and pound and the Jets are playing "how do we fuck up this week?" instead. Would be a solid player in the right scheme but is basically an after thought with the Jets.

3B - LaDainian Tomlinson, another bright spot in the gloom but he's old and he's not capable of taking over games any more as he occasionally did last season. Solid 3rd down back when healthy.

QB - Mark Sanchez, has now worked with Jerrico Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey, Brad Smith, David Clowney, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Derrick Mason and Jerome Kerley in his short 2 year and 11 game career with the Jets. That's 9 receivers who have had prominent roles with the Jets in less than 3 seasons. This is probably the primary factor in the slowness of his progression at this point. Has seen the offensive line decline precipitously over that span also with the loss of a strong RT and the arrival of a below average LG. Has worked in Schotty's system simplified, Schotty's system, Ground and Pound, Schotty's system, Schotty's system simplified, Ground and Pound, Air Schotty, ground and pound and now whatever the hell the Jets are running at this point which I would defy anybody to accurately characterize. Still has the touch for late heroics but if the Jets don't settle on a solid group of wide receivers, fix the damn line and give him ONE system to run it ain't gonna matter in the end.

You can turn anybody into David Carr if everything else is going to hell in a handbasket around him and that's a really accurate characterization of the Jets approach to their offense at this point.

#47 Br4d, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  8. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]9SiLIHhcluc[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry I have given up but this is what Rex thinks of Deangelo Hall.

#48 SienaSaints, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
  9. Big Blocker

Brad,

I am not saying the Jets do not have problems elsewhere on the roster, including with the starters. You overstate the case in regard to several of them. For example the OL has been playing well of late, including Hunter, and Mulligan actually grades out well in run blocking. But the main point is that the Jet roster is not below average as your position implies. It is still somewhat above average overall, except at Qb. Where it is somewhere between average and mediocre.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

yeah luckily he has a high ceiling so there is room for growth.

11. Br4d

I never said the Jets roster was below average. You have to be well above average to avoid decline. That's the point. The Jets have lots of above average players, many of whom are in their early 30's and about to decline precipitously. They have very few above average young players about to rise dramatically.

That's why they are built to decline.

In 3 years Darrelle Revis will still be Darrelle Revis. He's not going to magically turn into better than Darrelle Revis. Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Sione Pouha, Bryan Thomas and Jim Leonhard are pretty sure to decline though. That's downwards mobility in a nutshell. On the offensive side the Jets have existing issues at RTand LG and are about to add issues at RG, SE, 3B, etc. They're going to decline there also.

And Wayne Hunter has not been good in any single game this year. He just hasn't been a horrible hole when the opposing defense had problems opposite him also.

#51 Br4d, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

There's been the flashes, his playoff performances and there's he's work ethic. So we have s a little more than just hope.

13. Hobbes3259

Dude, you have to edit everything from the H to the = sign.

(Just use the 9SiLIHhcluc part )

The youtube tags take care of the rest.

14. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

cough cough hack hack :sad:

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I'm strongly entrenched in the "this is it" camp.

16. Big Blocker

I thought we were talking about this year, first of all. At least you agree that the Jets, this year, have above average talent for starters, overall. And also I do think Hunter's game against Buffalo was his first good game of the year. He's been getting better lately.

And Geez, what other team's roster, were it to remain the same, would not see some decline in performance three years from now? That's not a realistic standard.

17. Hobbes3259

Blocker, I respect you though we agree on nothing, but you're out of your f*ng mind.

I've been watching this team for 41 years now, and this kid is the best guy under center since O'Brien.

(Pennington comes behind him, he comes behind Namath)

Except where OBrien never had a line to play behind, this guy has no OC to play for...

Where ChinaDoll Chad had no arm, he was accurate.

But with Sanchez, for all his accuracy issues, you don't have time for a cappucino waiting for the ball to arrive.

Let's face it a glimpse at Pennington's stats tells you something.

Pennington, 06, under schotty...17 TD. 16 INT's 3300 yards an 82 QBR.
    Penny 07 (Half season) 10 td's 9 ints 1700 yards. 86 QBR...

He played 3 games in 05. But in 04 in 13 games he put up 16 td's 9 ints 2700 yards and a 91 QBR.

In 2008 he put up 19 TDs 7 Ints 3400 yards an posted a 97 QBR.

Sanchez in 2011 is on pace to toss 28 TD 15 ints and about 3700 yards.

Schotty is a QB killer. And for all of that Penny wasn't one college year as a starter from HS to the NFL. Penny had a college career and sat for two years in the NFL.

Sanchez is going to post numbers close to Pennington, a much more accurate passer, in this system.

Anyway my point is Pennington was 50/50 TD/INT under this jackoff. Mark's going 2 to 1.

Yeah...he clearly sucks, not Schotty.

18. Br4d

Above average starters means 6-5 and poised to take advantage of a weak finishing schedule which is exactly where the Jets are right now.

And in truth I do not think the Jets starters on offense are above average. I see one top 5 player at his position on the entire offense in Nick Mangold and one bottom feeder in Wayne Hunter, The rest of the Jet's starters on offense span the spectrum from above average to below average.

Of the Green Bay Packers starters on offense I think the only guy who they'd take as an upgrade would be Mangold. Maybe Ferguson, but that's a huge maybe.

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i didnt even read the article to know Hall is right. as of now Sanchez is "middle of the pack"

anyone to suggest otherwise needs to whipe the taste of sanchez from their mouth

EDIT: hall was a 2-3 yr wonder

20. Hobbes3259

That is not an unfair assessment... However, I would say this...

They have enough talent on this side of the ball to score a TD in the 1st qtr, and sometimes on the first drive, and going further, to maintain a small ball possession offense