17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sooner or later the NYJ fan base will realize they were scammed just like Bernie Madoff scammed so many people because ALL RR is a shill for the team IMHO.

He allowed whomever in the NYJs management to dictate a OC to him (Shotty). It appears the league has caught up to his defensive mumbo jumbo. He knows nothing & does not care to learn anything about the O. HE CHOSE MS personally after working him out on the W/coast prior to the draft. Now we have to decide if MS is really/truly that franchise QB since next season he goes into year 4 of a 5 year contract & we have decide to either reup him or junk him . Certainly when go thru the D starters that are at least 3/5 who are long in the tooth. Then there is that passive PR that we have that gives rival QBs a chance to have a nap before chucking the ball. If you think Herm left us in a mess then RR will be doing the same when Woody finally decided RR is of no more use to him to shill his PSLs. It is a very sad state affairs if U ask me :sad:

#12761 championjets69, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  2. Gator

Gator Active Member

Jets are currently 8th in NFL team defense and have a good chance to be in the top 5 after the next few weeks. So currently there are 24 out of the 32 defenses worse than the Jets. Here ya go.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

You really should check the facts before posting, instead of just rambling on incorrectly. :)

3. championjets69

Do U remember those 4th qtr collapses????????????? Here ya go! :sad:

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

It's not really a collapse to give up a score at the end for a total of 10 points given up in a road game. Look around the league and you see other teams and other defenses give up scores in the 4th quarter. The key is to score more than 13 points if you want to win.

Tebow has done that every game pretty much....to every defense. In our case we held him to 3 points for 59 minutes which should have been enough time to accumulate the points necessary to win.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't agree w/ Champ often but allowing Tim tebow to go 95 yds and score the GW TD int he final minutes is a collapse and this D has collapsed numerous times over the past 2 1/2 seasons.

6. Gator

Gator Active Member

Not fair to ask a defense to give up 3 or 6 points to get a W on the road. I look at things over 60 minutes of football and over 60 minutes for three years the Jets defense has been 1st, 3rd and are currently 8th. They're going to move up though this year and finish 5th again I think. But the league has figured out the defense. OK.

#12766 Gator, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  7. nyjunc

It is fair to adk a defense to get a stop when an opponent begins ont heir own 5, especially an opponent that cannot throw the football. Some games will be 31-27 shootouts, others will be 10-6 type of games. The D had the game in their hands and completely blew it, the least they could have done was hold Den to a FG so we could go to OT and they couldn't even do that.

I don't care about rankings, rankings are meaningless. This D has blown late leads too often:

'09 at Miami- allowed Chad henne to lead a last minute TD drive
    '09 vs. Jax- dominated Jax all 2nd half until final drive
    '09 vs. Atl- a low scoring game, shut them down all game until the last drive
    '10 at Cle- allowed Colt McCoy to lead long TD drive to send game to OT
    '10 vs. Hou- allowed Texans to come back from 23-7 deficit to take 27-23 lead
    '11 at Den

This doesn't count games where if they held they could have given the O a chance like the '10 title game at Pitt, the oak game earlier this year and both NE games this year.

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

Defense gave up 17 points on the road in Pittsburgh in January. Jets offense scored 19.

9. nyjunc

The defense allowed Pitt to control that 1st half, the O got us back in the game and when the O got us w/in 5 late w/ plenty of time to play needing the D to get a stop the D failed AGAIN.

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

Over the last three years have other teams lost 5 or 6 games games where they were winning and the other team scored late? Probably yes.

11. nyjunc

I don't know but how many that were considered top 5 defenses and are supposed to be big time defenses?

12. Gator

Gator Active Member

Junc is tough to beat folks. I'll leave it like this. Going into any game I'll take my chances with the Jets defense. If the O line and Sanchez can get their head on straight we'd win more games.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We have no pass rushers and our team depth is a joke!!! That's why we can't hold leads. Rex has done it with smoke and mirrors. The man is a defensive genius, if we only had a Rex on offense. He's done another great job, his only problem is his opinion of some of his coaches are inflated. And who said the person he said STFU was a Jet fan? Maybe it was a Pats fan. Give the coach until the end of the season before killing him. If we make the playoffs, wildcard obviously, he will be the 1st jet coach to get us to the playoffs 3 years in a row. I wish he would chill with the Bowl talk but I think he's a really good head coach.

14. nyjunc

I like our defense but I hold them to a higher standard than our O b/c D is supposed to be the strength of the team so when I whine about them I don't think they suck I'm just disappointed they didn't play as well as they should have.

15. championjets69

Stats mean ZIPPO, NADA, NOTHING The ONLY question is how many WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPs has RR won? :jets:

16. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Mark Sanchez was born in Southern California to 2 legal citizens of the United States.

Can we please get over this shit. I want to throw shit at my TV when I see the assholes with sombreros at games...

Oh, I have a black QB, I'm going in black face, derp derp.

17. Gator

Gator Active Member

j!e!t!s! Jets! Jets! Jets!

#12777 Gator, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  18. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

At least he didn't call him spaggot

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Champ's post addressed weaknesses with our "passive PR," with which I have no problem agreeing, whether we're #5 or not. Our defense is good despite the "passive PR," which is amazing, but will eventually be the defense's downfall, IMO.

Brady had time to have lunch in the pocket and make a few phone call before releasing the pass. Unacceptable, no matter where your ranking is. And incidentally, if we don't fix that, we're not heading for #5, but rather the other direction, IMO.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I knew somebody would eventually get their dander up.

But El Guapo means "the handsome one." Look it up!