Jets Playoff Chances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do the Jets Make the Playoffs?

1. Yes

199 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

215 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this team is too resilient to just lay down and die. i expect them to play well down the stretch.

however i am concerned that the team has definitely lost its edge, it will be interesting to see how they come out against a buffalo team that has no business winning this week.

2. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

The Broncos had no business winning last week. The jets should have had an attitude after geting pounded by the Pats. Instead, they were meek as lambs. The lockerroom has no heart; this team has no leader. Sanchez needs to be stripped of his 'C'. It should be awarded weekly to the most inspiring player.

3. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I see us just getting into the play-offs and then getting our butts whooped in the first round.

4. SoFl JetsLoyal

SoFl JetsLoyal New Member

Im optimistic so im going to say we will make it, however if we do make it I still hope the things that need to be done this off season are done starting with the search for a new OC!!!!!!

5. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

It won't be easy the way they are playing but it isn't impossible, I don't think they will make it though.

6. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

I think the last 2 weeks were the perferct storm for the Jets....All the hype for the AFC lead against our arch nemesis and then a short week trap game against God and Tebow. I think the Jets will make the playoffs and will start on that road with a dominating win against the Jills.
    Let's go Jets
    Happy thanksgiving to my American friends from a Canadian Jets fan!

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The only way we advance in the playoffs is if we face New England right off the bat.

8. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Check out a recap of the 2009 season it looks very very similar to this one. Very inconsistent play from week to week. I hope we finish the season similar to that one except finish with 2 more wins at the end.

9. TheGreenCantona

I think we will at 10-6.

Probably lose against Giants or eagles, but other than that we will be ok. Better keep an eye on titans and bengals.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I can see 09 due tHe fact that last week no one wanted to take control of the WC spots minus Baltimore, but only because they were playing Cincy, the other WC leader.

If it's like 09, the jets will find away to be the 6th seed due to everyone else failing to take advantage over tiebreakers.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

That Broncos game was a carbon copy of the Falcon game in 09.

#31 truthbtold, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I see the JETS at 9-7.... just a hunch.

If that gets them in, great. I just don't see it happenning..... but would love to be wrong.

13. FloridaJetsFan

No....and I say that because I feel the OL is not good enough to win the games they need to get into the playoffs. The right side of the OL is lousy and Slauson is gonna get Sanchez killed. With Schotty as OC...bad playcalling, no running game and a QB running for his life is what I'm seeing in the future form this offense. This leads to too many 3's and outs thus tiring out the defense. They are going to need to be at 11-5 maybe 10-6 at least to get in and I just don't see it.

But...you never know with this team!!!

14. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The Jets have the rest of the AFC right where they want them, thinking we suck. They will quietly put together a winning streak and be there at the end to make a bold charge for the Superbowl.

See you in Indy everyone!

And Happy TG.

15. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

Hope your right

16. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I don't know what to expect really. In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if we play mediocre the rest of the way, still make the playoffs. Win in the first round against the Texans or Raiders, pull off another shocker in the divisional and then lose in the Championship again. Nothing will surprise me with this team, I feel like we can beat any team in the league and lose to any team in the league.

17. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think they'll pull it off, but it may be a gut-wrenching ride for us fans. A lot depends on this three-game stretch of 'winnable' games. If they can sort out some of the issues, maybe establish the run game a bit more, find a way to protect Sanchez, bring the deep ball back into the offense, I think the team can feel a lot better about itself at 8-5.

I think if they lose any of those three games it will make it incredibly hard to make the playoffs.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You have to look at the AFC for a second.

You have the Patriots, Ravens and Steelers all pretty much locks. Then an AFC South and West winner (we'll say the Texans and Raiders)

That leaves 1 spot for these teams:

-Bengals
    -Jets
    -Titans
    -Bills
    -Broncos
    -Chargers
    -Chiefs

The Jets are the best team of that bunch, with an easy schedule, so they should be able to pull it off. Although, the last couple games have been bad.

19. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I have to see our next 3 games with good confidence going into the eagles' game i'm sure they can pull it out. I'm just not sure what to think

20. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

8-8, losses to the Giants, Eagles and yes to the Fins. Schotty gets fired and looking at next years opponents it will be another season of struggles.