Peyton the answer?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Nov 15, 2011.

1. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

you people are fucking batty

peyton would never in a million years play for an offense run by brian schottenheimer

dude has standards

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Are you serious with that?

Manning had one crappy year (his rookie year) and even at that he was much better that year for a shitass team than Sanchez was as a rookie while playing for a good team.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If you want Sanchez and Manning to play on the same team, then trade Sanchez to the Colts plus our 1st round pick for Andrew Luck and start over.

4. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Ummm, Manning in year 1 was 26/28 at 56%, in year 2 was 26/15 at 62%, and in year 3 was 33/15 at 62%. By year 2, he was better than Sanchez will ever be.

As for Rivers, while he got better in a more open offensive scheme, he was pretty good in SD as well.

Technically you are right about the OC, and that should be the plan. However, if you can get Manning, you really have to say fuck the plan, and go try to win 2-3 SB's with Manning and this defense..

5. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

That won't even be remotely close to the value of the #1 overall pick lol. The more Sanchez plays the lower his value gets.

6. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I fixed this for you.

7. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

sounds like a gay fantasy !!!

#347 thirtyoddfreestyle, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Rivers sat on the bench for 2 years. Hard to compare their early careers.

As for Sanchez vs Manning's second year, I'm absolutely confident that Sanchez would be putting up those numbers if they didn't let the offensive personnel go to shit around him. 26/15 62% better than Sanchez will ever be? Don't be ridiculous.

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

What has given you that indication? I am legitimately curious. It is no surprise that I am not Sanchez's biggest fan, but I am curious why you think he would be better in a different offense.

The fact is that Sanchez has more weapons than every QB that the Jets have had since Vinny T. And, Sanchez cant get to 62% percent when probably 80% of his throws are 10 yards or less, why assume he can if you let him throw the ball deeper more consistently. Also, lets not forget that when they did open the playbook for him last year, he legitimately could have thrown at least a dozen more picks, since he had 12+ int's that were in defenders hands that were dropped. So, why is it crazy to assume this Sanchez will never be as good as Manning was in his 3rd year? He is a qb with little touch, less accuracy, and has shown no ability to consistently read and interpret opposing defenses.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Please remember you're comparing Sanchez to one of the greatest QBs of all time.

As for what makes me so confident in what I said? It's speculation, but it's a lot more grounded in reality than the claim that "By year 2, [Peyton] was better than Sanchez will ever be."

11. hendersg

hendersg New Member

i like it, do it now

12. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

And here lies the irrational basis for forming a conclusion on who Mark Sanchez is and will be as a QB.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

What? We can't compare sanchez to Manning, Unitas, and Montana?

If be doesnt go first overall in my fantasy league next year. He's a total bust.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Total speculation and if you have no faith in your QB why go empty backfield on short yardage situations especially if you philosophy is ground and pound. Why would you take away the option of running or tip your hand to the D that your throwing if you have no faith in your QB?

For an OC with no faith in his QB he sure goes empty backfield and shot gun a large percentage of the time. Maybe the OC is the problem?

#354 Biggs, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  15. cobrien

cobrien Member

There may be more to this than just speculation. Peyton will not do Favre/Rodgers which I am sure the Colts head office has taken notes on especially the quick success Green Bay has had with the young gun. If the Jets can free up cap space it makes total sense for them to woo Peyton, he will sell PSLs like mad and the Jets have all the ammo (less a blue chip RB) needed to immediately begin dominating the AFC.

Sanchez would be silly not to recognize the massive educational opportunity backing up Manning and that this would lay down the foundation for him to take the torch from Manning 3 years down the road and continue the championship streak that Manning starts. This could be a 6 - 7 year Jets Championship era dare I say.

Sanchez will get his payday/glory eventually if he sits for Manning and he still is young enough, but right now he is on pace to be another average "he showed so much promise..." type of QB

And could you imagine the two manning brothers battling for New York supremacy, New York City is a winner no matter how you look at this.

Just my 2 cents : )

16. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

You could also win the lottery. Let's be realistic: The Jet's would probably only win 4-5 SB's with Manning/a more experienced Sanchez.

17. cobrien

cobrien Member

It also sucks that the Colts tanking every game and "Sucking for Luck" will cost us this year as the Patriots and Titans are guaranteed a win each, that's bull and Colts should be investigated, in any case we should at least be rewarded with Peyton Manning next year for this!

18. cobrien

cobrien Member

I'll take the 4 - 5 geez I'll take a couple of appearances lol

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

They legitimately suck that hard.

There's no way they throw games away.

20. cobrien

cobrien Member

With Luck on the line, trust me they ain't trying to win games, NFL needs to go to same lottery system as NBA and NHL for the bottom teams and the #1 pick.