I want to gauge where everyone stands on the real issue, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BadgerOnLSD, Nov 19, 2011.

?

Where do you fall?

1. I still believe in Schottenheimer

5.3%
  2. I gave up on him this year

29.9%
  3. I gave up on him in 2010

31.7%
  4. I gave up on him in 2009

13.7%
  5. I gave up on him in 2008

9.5%
  6. I gave up on him in 2007

9.9%
  1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

let me save you the trouble.

NYJunc and BigBlocker

2. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I'm OK with firing Schottenheimer, as he hasn't done much to prove that he deserves to keep his job and we are no longer at a point where "it will mess up Sanchez" is a valid excuse to keep him.

That said, a lot of people are going to be very disappointed when he goes, because play calling isn't what's holding this team back. It's offensive line and quarterback play. And if you think that giving the play-calling sheet to someone else is going to magically improve Wayne Hunter and Mark Sanchez, then you're in for a rude awakening.

3. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I believe in his excellent ability to hinder the Jets success.

Who brought him in? Rex or your GM?

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I joined in 08, probably when the team was still doing well, and I'm sure I was even complaining about the play calling then. So I voted 07, but I'm sure it was either 07 or 08.

5. franzman9

franzman9 Member

only good play in schottys book.

6. SoFl JetsLoyal

SoFl JetsLoyal New Member

It is exactly plays like this why I wont give up on Sanchez till he gets a new OC. This is just set up to fail!!

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Btw, please tell me that someone sent that gif to someone in the media.

8. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Personally, I am a fan of calling plays where 2 guys run into each other. Nothing like getting 3/4 defenders in one spot and almost guaranteeing a pick off a deflection. But in all seriousness, he needed to be fire years ago, in 2007 to be exact. The guy is as bad as he gets.

Sure he has never had a good QB to work with for 16 games, but he is awful at utilizing talent, and even worse at preparing the team to win on a consistent basis.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Boy, now we are crucifying the offensive Genius that is Schottenheimer?

Think about it. He is not the problem. Look at the entire league and see their play designs. Do you see the receivers running within 5 yards of each other? Or receivers ALL running hooks short of 1st down marker on 3rd down, nonetheless? Or do you see all of the threats all clustered in one spot? How about receivers all running into each other? No. You don't see any of these from other offensive playbooks. This is what I call OFFENSIVE INNOVATION. He is not to blame.

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

after the great collapse of 08. couldn't believe he wasn't canned along with mangina

11. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

So idiotic and crazy, no one expected it! Brilliant!

12. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

It's way to easy to put all of the blame on Brian. We are not in the offensive meetings, we don't know what the game plans are. We have slow recievers, who can't get off when being jammed, and a line that can't pass block. All I hear is how mark should be put in a position of strength. Well can somebody tell me what the Fuck is Marks strength. He is not accurate, can't read a his progressions and has happy feet. Everyone shares a piece of the blame.

However this isn't the military, where shut rolls downhill, this is the NFL, where shit spirals uphill. This is a team that has players that have no business starting. Rex along with many on TGG.com overvalue these players who are plain ordinary.

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

For the record, I'm not saying we should fire him before the season is over, unless we want to see what Cavanaugh or Callahan can do as an interim OC. I'd rather just let his contract expire after this season and let him go on his merry way.
    It's a public poll, and none of them are Jets fans (so far).

#53 BadgerOnLSD, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  14. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. You can't blame only Schottenheimer for the offense; the last game was a collective fail. Rex Ryan should be receiving a majority of the blame. He instituted ground and pound (which doesn't work in today's nfl) and babied Sanchez to the point where Sanchez is hesitant to throw the ball and checks down far too often. Tannenbaum went into the season thinking that Hunter and Mulligan would be able to replace Woody and Hartsock. He also did nothing to replace Moore, who just had offseason hip surgery. All of that, combined with Sanchez missing wide open receivers about 5-6 times a game = drives that look good for a few plays, that stall once someone makes a mistake.

Good news is, we still have 6 games left and the offense has a chance to prove itself against a bunch of bad defenses. If the offense continues to stall, we'll be able to make better judgment of who's hurting the team the most.

15. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

One of the biggest mistakes we made in the offseason was keeping Holmes instead of Edwards. You could hear on Hard Knocks how infatuated with Holmes Tanny was, but Edwards is the better player. Edwards is a far better blocker, and his speed scares defenses a lot more than Holmes does.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Are you mocking me? LOL

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

A really good throw and McKnight making McCourty (a solid tackler) miss gets the first but both are unlikely scenarios

18. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Mark inst great but these plays are just ridiculous at times, I was watching the packers game and Aaron Rodgers is throwing to guys with no defender in sight, is it really mark or are our receivers just covered every time cause they know what plays we are gonna run

19. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Are you implying Sanchez isn't capable of making a good throw?

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

For me, I totally gave up on him last year. Before that I gradually thought he sucked more and more but during the season last year with the amount of talent there was on offense, the way they played too often was just fucking pathetic.

This year I'm beyond just giving up on him.. I absolutely hate that he's still a part of the team. I know for a fact now that he sucks and that he is hurting the team badly at this point.