I want to gauge where everyone stands on the real issue, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BadgerOnLSD, Nov 19, 2011.

?

Where do you fall?

1. I still believe in Schottenheimer

5.3%
  2. I gave up on him this year

29.9%
  3. I gave up on him in 2010

31.7%
  4. I gave up on him in 2009

13.7%
  5. I gave up on him in 2008

9.5%
  6. I gave up on him in 2007

9.9%
  1. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Fuck his couch.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

When they had Favre, and were playing the Raiders who had one of the worst run Defenses in the league, but some good d-backs and they threw the ball like 50 times..... KC game and Seattle that year as well :eek:hmy:

3. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I gave up on him when I watched Brett Favre look like Chad Pennington pre shoulder injury.

4. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

And to think... several teams were considering him for head coaching position in 2008.:eek:hmy:

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I unloaded my shares awhile ago.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2011 has been the final straw for me. I would say let him finish out his contract, then wish him well in his future endeavours. No reason to change up now as it would only confuse our 3rd year rookie QB even more trying to implement another system. For the love of God, DO NOT EXTEND BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER. Sometimes you have to make a change for the sake of making a change and trying something different. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is the very definition of..?

I would like to see Ryan put him on notice that he's not happy with how the offense is being run and DEMAND improvement.

But Ryan being who he is, he won't do that publically and its highly doubtful that Ryan would drop the hammer on Schottenheimer as it would appear Ryan is scared to death of anything on that side of the ball.

7. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

He will never be a good OC with this team - just look at the weapons he has had and the plays that he has called. Hopefully he will go at the end of the season and we can move on from this disaster zone!

Of course we will then have to restart with a new OC - any suggestions out there? Bearing in mind that top OC's go on to be Head Coaches.

8. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Or the Denver game in a monsoon had Favre throw a ton of balls. Not to mention that was also the game when I officially gave up on Gholston after his slow ass got out run by an almost equally slow ass Jay Cutler. Ol' shit-in-his-britches never got that close to an actual regular season sack again...

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I have been a Jet fan since 80, but if we retain Schottenheimer I will find another team. Keeping him on the staff this long is pure horseshit!

We have to get a new OC that can develop Mark's strengths.

Denver is doing it with Jesus Tebow, why can't we?

10. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

the guy makes $2 million a year.......

give me $50,000 to ask Madden and we'd have a better offense

11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

He truly sucks. It is time for Rex to grow a pair, and get rid of him. If Rex pulls his support, Mr T will follow suit.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I've given up incrementally on Schotty since 2007. Probably the biggest break was during the Favre season in 2008 when it became obvious that Favre thought the system was an overly complicated joke. 2009 followed on that and then by 2010 it became clear that Sanchez was not picking up the system and that the receivers were confused at times as well.

A system for collecting the garbage that requires a team of nuclear physicists to execute properly is a bad system even if it theoretically gets the garbage picked up much faster. Good luck finding the nuclear physicists to do that.

13. J_E_T_SJIM

J_E_T_SJIM New Member

Is our offense predictable. Watch the opponents linebacker per snap shifts. I noticed in the Pats & Denver game they almost always shift to the direction of our run play. Check out our pass patterns, when is the last time anyone has seen a dig route or a deep crossing pattern or any deep patterns in the middle of the field. All patterns are out side the numbers.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I was against him being rehired when RR was hired but Woody & Tanny did not listen to me :sad:

15. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

He lost me in Sanchez's rookie year in the Buffalo game at home when the Jets were running the ball as well as any team I ever seen run the ball against a team - 300+ yards and huge gains every time a RB touched the ball. Plus, the Bills offense was pathetic. Yet Schotty thought our rookie QB should be throwing and he kept calling pass plays. All the Jets needed to do to win the game, and protect their young QBs pysche, was to run the ball and play defense. Instead, it was pass, pass, pass. The result was 5 interceptions and a horrible Jets loss. It was the dumbest game plan and the most idiotic failure to adjust the game plan to suit the situation I have ever seen. That game was the window into the future into how this guy a) had no clue b) was on the way to ruining Sanchez, and c) how Jets losses were going to be pinned on Sanchez rather than the CS.

16. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Who the fuck are the two people who still believe in Schotty??

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Schotty could be fired today and it wouldn't change anything since the basic problem is that the OL has sucked and in particular the RT side of the OL has sucked and because of that our QB is getting hit, rushed and sacked and cannot consistently execute the offense. THe Jets OL is also doing a shitty job of run blocking. So it doesn't really matter who you fire - unless they fix the OL the Jets will continue to suck. Schotty does blow, but thats not why the team sucks.

18. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Poor Oline play does not explain idiotic play design like the one cited above. Yes, the Oline has been very poor, but Schotty sucked just as much when the Oline was very good.

19. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I can say that I have given up on him at various times throughout his entire tenure, but especially the past 2 seasons. But then, the team would snap out of its offensive funk, or produce just enough offense for a come-from-behind win, and I would convince myself that he might be ok. Done with that this year, we could put up 50 on Buffalo next week and I'm still done with him, so I voted this season with an asterisk.

20. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

Fire Schottenheimer!!