95-yard drive to Tebow? Really???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by guinness77, Nov 17, 2011.

1. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Huh? What point is that? I was responding to another post in this thread about why it's hard to get on the defense for giving up a 95 yard drive to Tim Tebow. What did you want me to talk about in this thread, how nice the weather is today?

2. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

This thread is about the last Denver drive.

If you want to complain about the offense....there are at least 50 other threads created since the game ended last night you can do that in.
    FTR....the post you originally quoted was an example of one of those posts, too. Talk about the ineptitude pf our offense in an appropriate thread.

#62 guinness77, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  3. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Not sure how saying it is hard to get on the defense FOR THEIR PLAY ON THE LAST DRIVE after they played well for 58 minutes is considered to not be replying to the topic. And, the offensive ineptness ties into the answer because it contributed to the situation.

I'll tell you what, you want to patrol the posts, go start with the posters who instead of ever replying to posts try to show how witty and clever they are by posting non-sense like "cool story, bro" or "so-and-so is an idiot, ignore him"...

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Most of the stuff said in this thread is spot on but I think Tebow deserves some credit also. He is starting in just his 8th game and under bright lights refused to crumble.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

This vigilante thread policing has to stop.

6. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

You saying that is hilarious. Fucking threads get derailed. I know the offense is to blame. No shit. That is pointing out the obvious. There are a million and one threads devoted to that. Like I said, disagree with all you want, that's fine, but when people start pointing to the offense as the biggest culprit (which I stated right in the first post of this thread) or talk about how great the defense was for 55 minutes, that turns this thread into something else altogether.

Fine, Milcus I'll play. I never said I disagreed with anything you posted, but we had the edge in possession by 32:12, our ball vs. 27:48, their ball. So the "defense had to be gassed" is a crappy excuse. Letting a pop-gun offense run 95 yards down the field was a breaking point for me, and other posters it seemed, and it's something I felt needed to be discussed on its own merit.

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Dude, no one is saying threads should get derailed, and they often do. But, calling me out when I address the topic, and add something tangential, but relevant, is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

As for being gassed, I dont think its a stretch that at high altitude, where players where getting oxygen left and right on the sidelines, players were absolutely spent after playing for 3 hours. Regardless of the TOP, I think it would be hard to say the players were fresh. So, they did play horribly on that series (and that all-out blitz on 3rd down was one of the dumbest calls I have ever seen), but it really is hard to get on them. The offense should have never put them in that situation.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I was mimicking Mantana Soss with that line.

Anyway, the 2009-11 Jets defense have had way too many foul-ups at the end of games. It is ridiculous.

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I "called you out" because you posted what you did literally 4 minutes after I asked to keep this thread what it's about.
    Like I said last post, I agree with you. And the 3rd down play was a horrible, can see it coming a million miles away, type call.

Damn cakes, you really are a mind fucker, sometimes.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Why were they dead tired when they got on teh field? The Broncos finished with 27 mins TOP. The last drive was 5 minutes long. So they had been on the field for 22 minutes when they started that last drive. Pure nonsense. They sucked. Period

11. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

yep. exactly right. They all play on the same field, same altitude and they had no problem getting a 3 and out 2 minutes earlier.

12. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

That drive was fucking inexcusable. The offense is an utter shit show and the defense somehow finds a way to one-up them and give away the game at the end.

This was one of the most sickening moments of the Rex Ryan era. Someone else made a comparison to the Falcons game in 09 and I think it's a good one. This game ripped my heart out in the same way, except that this time 9-7 (if they even get that) is not going to cut it.

I was embarrassed as a fan. It's been a long time since I've felt that way and I hate to say it but I was truly embarrassed watching them allow Tim Fucking Tebow to pray his way to a game-winning drive and offer up more ammo to these idiots who think he's the second coming of Christ. They could have shut him down and put his idiot supporters in their place and they fell flat on their faces by letting him do exactly what they knew he was going to try to do.

Thankfully, we have an extra long week to try and let this feeling fade, but it's gonna be hard to watch next Sunday.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

This.

This team is not what it's hyped up to be. We're middle of the pack. Unless we see a transformation and some consistency (in a good way) we're gonna be picking under 20 this year.

I guess that's the silver lining.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Not when your team is supposedly built around it's elite defense.

The bottom line is the defense was handed a 3 pont lead with under 6 minutes left, and the other team had to drive 95 yards. The other team has done nothing the whole game, and has only 1 weapon.

An elite defense closes the game out.

15. releasesanchez

releasesanchez New Member

We gave up 10 fuckn points on defense you fuckn kidding me? Thats a dream game for a defense, we almost gave up as many points on offense. Get that peice of crap Sanchez of my team now! Not the best defense in history is able to stop Tebow there gassed up as they were thanks to the offense, Tebow is like a dude on a mission from god.

#75 releasesanchez, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

...and Cromartie held onto the receiver blocking him rather than try to tackle Tebow near the goal line...

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Nightmare game if you don't close it out.

You can excuse the D all you want with how good they were the rest of the game, but the truth is.

It was the perfect scenario! Rex had to be thrilled to have a 3 point lead with 6 minutes left and the Broncos having to go 95 yards. The pride of his team had the game on their shoulders, and they failed miserably.

18. Tebow-island

Tebow-island Banned

I'm probably going to get flack because of my name but one play I thought was inexcusable from your defense came from revis on that last drive. He had a chance to take a shot on tebow and fire up his defense and instead he side stepped him and made a pathetic excuse for an attempted tackle.

As a die hard broncos fan, I've been rooting for the jets since Rex came in.

I love his bravado and have wanted it in Denver and was shocked that Denver drove 95 yards for the game winning td against a Rex Ryan defense.

Forget the rest of the game you've got to finish and Rex prides himself on defense so I was shocked... Until I saw revis do what he did... IMO once that happened it was Denver's game to win.

19. releasesanchez

Tell me one defense who wouldn't be happy with giving up 10 points? If Sanchez doesn't throw a pick 6 we win the game, if Sanchez scores more we win the game. Defense played great offense sucked and gassed up the defense clearly not the defense fault. Not their fault a man on a mission from god who is luckier then any person in the freakin world(scoring 15 points in like 4 mins vs Miami who has a pretty good defense) runs it on them.

20. releasesanchez

You kidding me Tebow is like 45 pounds bigger then Revis and Revis won't make that tackle 9 out of 10 times.