Sanchez and Schottenheimer are a joke.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AirStrike, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

Fair enough. I sit through every home game & watch what other clubs have to bring & am becoming increasingly frustrated in the QB week after week. I hope to be wrong in the next 24+ games, because I don't see a change before then. No matter how much I rage against the machine :wink:

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I'd like to refer you to NDMick's signature, because it totally applies here

Unfortunately for me, I did skim through this and caught the bolded parts.

I can't believe I am really doing this, but I'd like to point out Mark Sanchez JUST turned 25.

You compared him to Roethlisberger (2 months shy of 30 not a 3 year window of 25 is it?, 5 more years in the league than Sanchez), REALLY???

Aaron Rodgers is 3 years older and got to sit the bench and learn behind a hall of famer for 3 years. He's got 4 more years experience than Sanchez. Jason Campbell is about to turn 30 in a month, again not a 3 year window around 25, is it? Alex Smith has been in the league 4 years longer and JUST NOW is having his first taste of success. Fitzpatrick is 29 and also is just now having his only taste of success in his career. Where was he at 24?

Next, saying the revolving door at WR is not important really shows just how clueless you truly are. Look at all the top QB's, they have the same receiver year in and year out.

Peyton- Had Harrison forever, Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie

Brady- Welker, Branch (left and came back), Kevin Faulk, now the 2 TE's. Look what happened when a new receiver was brought in that he didnt get to work out with in the offseason in Ochocinco. Terrible chemistry.

Brees- Colston, Moore, Meachem, Henderson all there for years

Rodgers- Driver, Jennings, Jones, Finley, Nelson.. all there for years

Rivers- V.Jackson, Floyd, Gates.. all there for years

Roethlisberger- Wallace, Ward, Heath Miller.. all there for years

Now look at what Sanchez has had. Hmm.. first year a new #1 receiver, Edwards, brought in week 4.

Second year, new #1 receiver, Holmes, brought in and had to sit out first 4 games.

Third year, cut Cotchery and dump Edwards pre-season.. bring in Plax and re-sign Holmes, neither of which Sanchez was able to work out with in the off season because of the lockout and Holmes being a free agent. Bring in Mason right before the season and force him on Sanchez. Also add a rookie receiver. So his top 4 receivers heading into the season he had less than 1 full season of experience with. You are INSANE to not think that matters at all.

3. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

and our genius OC decides to air it out to start the year...

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The collective brainfart that was the Jets decision to go to a pass-first offense wasn't just on Schotty. Rex signed off on it. Tannenbaum signed off on it. It was a joint decision.

It also was a common error, one that almost all teams that draft a franchise QB and start him the first season make entering the third. The Steelers screwed up with Roethlisberger doing this. The Ravens had Flacco throw the ball 77 times in the first two games last year, his two high totals of the year on the way to 20 pts total on offense and 5 picks. Even the Falcons fell into the trap with Ryan having two bad games in the first four, the two where he threw 40+ passes.

Peyton Manning and Dan Marino were exceptions to the rule. Young QB's need lots of protection and as soon as you step outside the bubble you get bad results.

5. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

This post thread still holds true. Another absolutley terrible showing by the "Sanchize" as many low-level intelligent individuals were proclaiming him. The guy just doesn't have "it." It really is that simple.

Cut our losses, get us a real fucking quarterback. Who gives a shit what he does in the playoffs when we won't even get there. He's been exposed. He doesn't have a running game to hide behind this season, and now you're seeing the type of quarterback he truly is. Someone who can't do a damn thing when the other team begs him throw it.

6. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

You missed the point entirely idiot! The criterea was made on age alone. What you reflected on was experience. Obviously if that were the criterea, I would have used a historical perspective with regards to young QBs starting between 1.5 & 2.5 years. I did notice however; you completely ignored Cam Newton too! Try reading, a skill you might benefit from.

You want to keep believing this guy will lead the Jets to the SB?? Another great proof point last night MORON! Brady did it younger, & with less experience, but you want to give this guy more time. I agree with the poster who said, we have a great D, an all-world CB, a great motivator in HC, but we are tinkering with the most important position on the field. You REALLY think that this guy will grow into a top third (Because right now he is bottom third) QB? Because when he does, the D will be long in the tooth, Revis will be washed up & the ship will have sailed. I for one think that he will never get there. You are what you are. Cut our losses & move on at the EOS. Stop with the man crush. BTW; showing real signs of brilliance before the half! Can't put a team on his back.

7. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

Thank you. Finally. The voice of sanity.

You know AirStrike; I hope us "low-level intelligent" guys really see something that those, oh-so smart fella's don't. LMFAO. I hate being right at the expense of this team. But; I am entertaining apologies all week you brainiacs!