Sanchez and Schottenheimer are a joke.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AirStrike, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

This is right to the point and correct in my opinion. I think everyone ion this forum would be OK with this course of action

2. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

Wave to a clue from shore. This guy bl*ws!!

3. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

In firing Schotty and seeing what a new coordinator can do with Sanchez

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

no you should realize qb rating doesnt tell the entire story.

if sanchez throws a 99 yard bomb, and the receiver is down at the 1. then sanchez qb sneaks into the endzone, his qb rating doesnt increase.

sanchez got the touchdown rushing, but it wasnt a passing touchdown.

in that scenario his qb rating wouldnt be as high, if it was a passing td.

5. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

OMG!! Laughing so hard I fell off my chair... Sanchez throws a 99 yard bomb?!? Let's just be happy if he throws for 99 in a game (Not including to the other team!). Now back to reality...

The problem with the folks who want to blindly defend Sanchez is that they automatically discount the QB rating system because it isn't perfect. Ok. I'll agree with that, it's not, but tell me a better way to rate these guys, beside all of your professional opinions (Because if your opinion was really better than the measurable tools available you would be working in football, not pretending you know better)? You all want to deal in absolutes & that is impossible. Barring a better way to quantify the QBs ability, it answers more questions than it leaves out. And; it is telling us that Sanchez is a below average QB... Below average!

So; I will put this question out to you Sanchez supporters again! Tell me the body of work that has been displayed that makes you believe he is the guy to deliver us a SB?

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Sanchez needs a fair shake with a coordinator who doesn't handcuff him, and he needs a chance to build a rapport with some receivers instead of the front office changing it up on him every season.

He's clearly got a connection with Keller, but he's barely played a full season's worth of games with Holmes now.. and he didn't even have the benefit of working with BOTH of his starting receivers for an entire offseason this year because of the lockout/free agency. They cut Cotchery, his longest tenured receiver, forced Mason on him for a few weeks, and brought in a rookie slot guy. They tried to change up the offense, despite all of these factors, which led to some serious problems especially when you factor in Mangold's injury.

We've seen a long history now of Shittenheimer leading the team to mediocrity at best, with different head coaches, different QB's, different personnel, and he's never been able to put anything together. Sanchez needs someone who will come in and cater to his strengths before we write him off. I know for myself, and probably other Sanchez supporters, we don't want to write him off because he shows flashes of brilliance and shows he has the ability to lead this team. The problem is there are things built into this offense that restrict him and that will not change until Shotty is gone.

7. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

well put. if we sign another OC and he still looks like the same sanchez, then i will agree that he sucks... but until then i really believe that there is too much inconsistency around him for him to get into any rhythm... its like every week theres a new offensive strategy, let alone every season...

its not an easy job by any means. hes obviously not lighting it up but hes not the worst thing ive ever seen either. the team needs to be better.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

+1

That was a team effort starting with the head coach all the way down to the idiots with the stupid robots on the big screen. Just a bad night by the NYJ's except for Woody's wife is smoking hot. I would never let a loss get to me if I had that dough and some poon tang like that

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Kelller dissapears games at a time, Mark is lost without Keller. He did nothing most of the game, the Pats took away his pacifier and he cried like a little baby.

10. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

Please stop..Have you heard of Phil Simms?

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

hes half way into his 3 yr silly. What has been shown though, especially in the playoffs which are labeled big games, he does perform very good in those. That is a huge plus for a young QB no matter how you try to say otherwise.

12. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I cant even have this convo with you.l yes ill take Aaron Rodgers also. hes in his 3rd year genius with a bad oc, new receivers and a team with much bigger problems than qb. By all means feel free to continue to put your fantasy team together so i can get on board and watch us win game after game. lol you win

13. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

Well never let facts get in the way of a good discussion right (At least that's what I have learned from everyone still in love w. Sanchez). He has not been a (Your words now) "... very good (QB/player) in those." Point of fact - MS has played in what 6 post season/"big games" (Although I would say their have been a few regular season match ups that would classify as "big games" too, but for the sake of your point, let's just stick to post season)? In those I would call his net performance, pedestrian. Not bad, but certainly not "very good". '09 Bengals - Pretty good. Not earth shaking, but very controlled. Did his part at a minumum, Nice Team win. '09 Chargers - Not too good. Won despite his lousy performance. '09 Colts - Actually not as bad as the score & box score made it feel. Again; did nothing to put the team on his back. I think we all remember how that one turned out. '10 Colts - Reminded me of the Benglas game from the previous year. Played well in the 4th quarter. '10 Pats - Best game; great team win. 3TDs which were awesome. 16/25 & 233YDs w/ no INTs. You give me more games like that & I am a believer; but that friend is what they call an anomaly. '10 Steelers - Good game; just nothing to get us over the hump, & again... I think we all remember how that turned out.

Now, I will give him the added kudos of saying he did all of this on the road. Much tougher task. BUT; very good?? I think not.

All I have been trying to say is that he is not the guy to get us to that last level. I hope I'm wrong. &, if I am, please let the I told you so's begin. But, if those playoff performances were the "body of work" you are counting to build a championship team on... I don't see it. &; the numbers & the championships support me. Put 13 other QBs in the NFL on this team & we are playing for ring 2 or three this year!

14. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

You can't but you will?? I'll grant you the bad OC part, although I believe neither of these guys are doing each other any favors. You keep making all the excuses in the world for him though (You guys dating?). Brady starts almost every season with new receivers, sure killing him. Sanchez also plays on a team that is pretty freaking good in many other areas (You are crushing hard!).

Now try to keep up bright spark; I was naming the other QBs to support a point. Not putting a fantasy team together. See I make a point, then support it with a few facts, instead of bashing someone else for having an opinion, but not substantiating it with anything but insults. But hey; you will get it when you grow up & move into your own place. But, the insults were great cubby. Now try to think a bit deeper, & use that noggin' for something besides a hat rack.

15. chris5533

your truly insane..... this not a discussion. A discussion is not when one person just keeps repeating moronic facts over and over stomping there feet until they get there way. Its your opinion that hes terrible, that's fine. You may have your opinion. There plenty more people who want to argue with you, go find someone else. shouldn't be hard. goodluck

16. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

Whoa'; I'm insane?!? You jumped on me! I never responded to you!!!! How many personalities do you operate from?? I don't know about you, but if someone calls me out, I am going to defend myself. You get b*tch slapped, don't like it, & call it moronic. I have produced plenty of facts to support my opinion. You have done nothing to support your position except call mine stupid. You are the worst form of the entitled generation. You don't like what you hear so you insult. Try rubbing a few brain cells together, it's called a thought. Then think yourself a well thought out postion. Doubt it...

17. chris5533

What are you even talking about? Bitch slapped by you? how? by reciting statistics of the best veteran qbs in the league, and claiming you demand more from YOUR team. lol you like a crazy person. no one attacked you, you are fighting with everyone about this. Like i stated you are entitled to your opinion and its fine you think Sanchez is terrible. I disagree, im undecided as to what his future holds. Now calm down and gather yourself, your craziness is amusing though . lol so feel free to continue your tirades Im enjoying them.

here are some facts
    Sanchez is 25
    in 2 season the jets have been to two the afc championship games
    the oc is terrible
    he has new receivers
    the o line has been suspect this year

consider that before you tell me about Tom brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers. come on man. lol be objective and look at the whole picture. I don't know what more you expect from a kid in that position. I wish he was allot better, but to write him off and compare him to the best veteran qbs in the league is is simply unfair and is without logic. please do respond with nore insanity and how your being picked on.

18. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

NY bawl babies

19. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

Wait; you now enjoy my tirade’s, keep writing, as opposed to stop? You are not going to converse with me, but that was your third response; & I’m crazy?!? Ok; at least this personality of yours offered something constructive as to your opinion.
    Point of order; a ‘fact’ is a thing that is indisputably the case. &, while you attempt to offer evidence to support your conclusion, much of what you offer is subjective. However; let’s go with what we have. Fact; I’ll grant you that MS is young, but please explain to me why Rogers, Smith, Stafford Fitzpatrick, Cutler, Ryan, & Dalton are all basically the same age, and their teams are not using age as an excuse for their play… Oh yeah’, because they are having better seasons. Include Roethlisberger & Campbell (When healthy) in the under thirty crowd having better seasons. That makes 9 QBs younger/older within the three year window of 25. Oh, & I don’t hear anyone making excuses for Cam Newton’s age. 4 years younger & seeming to grasp the NFL game light years faster. 25 is not an excuse! He was old enough to sign the big contract… Fact; in 2 season the jets have been to two the afc championship games. Absolutely. Great Defense. They beat the Patriots because they stopped Brady. Not because MS beat them. Would you really take MS over Brady in a shoot out?? Now who is a moron? Not Fact; the oc is terrible – Your opinion (Not a bad one either). However; I believe that each part of this equation here is killing the other one. The sum of two sub standard parts that = 23rd in the NFL. Not Fact; he has new receivers – Such a lame excuse. Every QB does for the most part. If he can’t adapt by now, you are making my point! Not Fact - the o line has been suspect this year – I agree, but still not wholly awful. Better than some on the list of QBs I named above. Again a thin excuse. You think Cam would like the Jets O line!?! I must say your particular version of the “whole picture” is pretty weak at best. Maybe you are just satisfied with mediocrity. I would like more for our team.
    I appreciate your pointed feedback as opposed to all the insults people give because one has a dissenting opinion. I guess I will get off this topic now, & wait until more evidence comes in. Suspect it won’t be long before I have more supporters. There is a reason that this opinion is being written about in three different threads here. &; you can’t call everyone morons because they disagree with you. Tell your other personalities that too.

20. chris5533

The real problem is this is a very complicated discussion. you can state facts all day and i can state variables that contribute all day.....while i told you in my original post im not the biggest Sanchez fan, but at this point with everything im seeing, i believe he takes way to much heat for everything going on. if he were further along at this point it would mask some of the problems. read mr electric post< this team has regressed. its exactly how i feel. so while i want Sanchez to be tom Brady, im also really concerned with all the other things going on that aren't getting much attention.