Peyton the answer?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Nov 15, 2011.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

i wouldn't touch peyton with a 10-foot pole. not after the 3 surgeries he's had and not with the money he will command. maybe as an OC i would employ him, but that is the only way I want to see him on our sidelines.

2. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Block of shit nobody wants to read...

3. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Yet you read it. You commented on it. Make you an idiot like me, correct?

4. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

First off, Skippy. I'm not German.
    Secondly, if you could take off the rose colored glasses and see that just about everyone else (meaning analysts and fans of teams other than the Jets) can plainly see that Sanchez is a bust who has not improved anywhere near enough since his rookie season for anyone to think that he will ever be close to a championship QB, and that the only way he will be one is if everything else is perfect (dominant defense which can also score points off of turnovers, dominant running game, top notch special teams, etc.) The people who are ridiculous are those who, despite all evidence to the contrary, still do not recogonize that Sanchez is at best a wildly inconsistent (meaning unreliable) QB who will sometimes look promising and more often than not look mediocre.
    The bad idea here is continuing to stick with this kid and hoping that he can take his head out of his ass for long enough to take advantage of the shrinking window of opportunity this team has to be great.

5. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Just as I had stated. Sanchez is a mistake the JETS need to recognize now. Problem is, most NFL teams are stubborn. They pay a high price for prospects and projects and refuse to let it go. This is a mistake. We can get out of the Sanchez mess now before its too late.

Only JETS fans are stuck on this notion that Sanchez is great or can be great. Kids are coming into the NFL throwing at an all time high! The NFL is geared towards making the QB position that much easier. Sanchez couldn't succeed against the WORST pass defense/a bunch of nobodies.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

first off, you name yourself "deutchlandfan" and are not german. what?

secondly, there are no "legitmate analyst" calling sanchez a bust. only idiot fans of opposing teams and our own idiot fans. our def is far from dominant. did you watch the last game? or the last 2 AFCCG? you know, where our "dominant defense" totally shit the bed? or did they not show this in your magical not-german deutchland? what of our dominant rungame, you know, the one we've not used when we obviously should be? are you really sticking this all on sanchez, and not say...the coaching staff? the very same people who are supposed to call the plays that best suit our players?

but no, i'm wearing rose colored glasses, and you're wearing blinders.

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

jesus christ, can you people really not grasp that the play calling is to blame as well? or our ol couldnt block a group of 3year olds?

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Colts aren't going to let Peyton Manning go. If he has to retire he'll retire but it will be as a Colt. Even if Luck winds up in Indy, which is doubtful, the Colts aren't going to ask him to play right away when they have Manning available. It's not like they'd be hamstrung by the cap since the new rookie scale handles that for them.

Peyton Manning isn't going to go to the Jets even if the Colts do let him go. The last thing he wants at this point in his career is to come to a place where the pressure will be as high as it would in NY on the Jets. Assuming that Manning somehow wound up bounced by the Colts, which isn't going to happen, he'd be much more likely to go someplace like Tennessee or Jacksonville to finish up.

Really, he's not going to go anywhere. He's a household name in American culture and a big part of that image is him as the face of the Colts. They won't force him out and he won't force his way out. He'll just retire to his next career as a hero of American folklore if it comes to that. The promotional opportunities will still be huge and he'll be raising the next generation of QB's in the family.

9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Sanchez is the teams QB, case closed.

10. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

Pipe dream man.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/...with-Colts-drafting-successor-?urn=nfl-412591

Even if Luck winds up in Indy, which is doubtful

How the heck is this doubtful? I assure you, Luck will be a Colt next year. Thinking anything else is just crazy.

11. IATA

IATA Trolls

polian is so loyal to peyton it's nearly a fault. peyton is the reason there is a new stadium there.

12. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Right Shittenheimer calls a shitty play, and Mark Sanchez sits there, looks the blitzer in the eye, and says "listen, my OC called this play, you are going to rush me, sack me, make me fumble, and I am going to let everyone blame him, because he didn't call the right play".

No, even better, Shittenheimer calls a shitty play, Sanchez looks at the defense (from shotgun) and then says "guys, I know you are playing coverage, I know you are rushing 4, so what ill do is either 1. throw the ball to you so you can take it for a pick 6 or 2. slide into you for a sack, and then blame it on the OC".

Its all SHITTY!! Get rid of him and then Sanchez will become a pro bowl QB! Sorry buddy, Sanchez is just as shit as his OC.

13. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

i even I cant believE I even read half of this thread

14. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I know it is a pipe dream. I am a JETS fan, all I can do is dream. I also love great stories, and this sure would go down in history.

15. IATA

IATA Trolls

whoa whoa whoa? what is this nonsense of an OC teaching his QB things, such as picking up the bliztes and specifics of opposing teams passrush. it's almost like schotty is paid to do these things and apperently isnt. but no, that would make too much sense in this fantasy world where peyton manning is available in trade.

16. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Everyone believes it is impossible because it sounds crazy.

Herschel Walker seemed crazy until it happened.
    Green Bay getting Favre was crazy.
    Tampa Bay gave up Steven Young to the 49ers.
    Babe Ruth to the Yankees.
    Auerbach trading to get Bill Russel.

All crazy and stupid, but it happened, and became incredible sports stories.
    I guess crazy fantasy things do not occur in sports. Only crazy fantasy idea is that Sanchez can win a Super Bowl. Oh wait, no its not, you people actually think he can.

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

haha thats funny shit.

But lemme play devil's advocate. Obviously we now know( we always did but now its been confirmed) that Manning is capable of carrying a team al by himself.

So, if we had to free up the 6 million in your example, couldnt we possibly withstand the "lessening" of the team if we're adding Peyton?

18. IATA

IATA Trolls

and they were are universally panned as awful moves instantly.

19. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I am pretty sure every one of those players, are in the HOF and Favre will go in eventually as well.

Wait all the people who made those decisions to acquire those players were stupid idiots. Absolute morons!!!

20. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

I live in Germany. Doesn't mean I am German. I know that the concept might be a little rough to understand and for that I apologize.

The defense this year is not dominant. Pretty good, but by no means dominant. It was however dominant the last 2 years and carried this team into the playoffs and shut down Peyton Manning and Tom Brady before finally collapsing in Pittsburgh. And that is exactly my point. The defense collapsed in the AFCCG and Sanchez could not, for once, cover for the defense. Look at the clusterfuck that was the 4th quarter goalline for an example of what I'm talking about.
    Now here we are in 2011 and our defense and running game are no longer dominant, but are certainly not terrible. If anything they are average. Yet look at the results. A joke of an offense that cannot do anything at all, and a defense that is constantly having to try to make up for the ineptitude of the offense (Sanchez).
    You talk about calling the plays to best suit the players, but there is only so much the coaches can do if the QB is not capable. They tried opening up the playbook earlier this year to allow Sanchez to throw the ball more and stretch the field and it was spectacular how completely it failed. So basically we are paying this guy $14million this year, and annoiting him the franchise QB, not to mention pinning our championship hopes on him, in order for him to hand the ball off, throw a few short passes, and pray that he doesn't fuck up too often. You can honestly take all this into consideration and still not say that he has been a huge mistake?

#40 DeutschlandFan, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011