Shonn Greene = major disapointment.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Sir

Sir New Member

Averaging 4.7 YPC last night is why we lost last night!! Get your shit together and average 6 to 7 YPC like all those RB's in college!!11!!!!

Please.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's hard to blame Greene when the offense abandons the run so early into the 2nd half and they fall behind by 2 scores. I still can't believe we didn't try to run the ball in the 3rd quarter. This is why Schottenheimer needs to go. His ability to adjust to the situation sucks. The guy was gaining 4 yards a carry so let's bring out the Air Mediocre Attack in the 2nd half.

3. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I agree....

I don't think Greene is an every down back. He's more of a complimentary piece.

Next season, the Jets have to find a guy who they can hang their running game. I think LT has done a great job in what they've asked him to do, but I think it's time to find a real "ground and pound" guy.

By the way, why did draft Powell if they weren't going to use him? Is he hurt?
    That draft pick could have been better used on a safety or another D-lineman
    IMO.

4. Elwood125

Elwood125 New Member

If LT misses some games, I think we all have a good reason to be concerned

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Where did I blame him for last night's loss?

6. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

He has stone hands but he ran the ball well last night. 4.7 YPC and they choose to throw for 3 downs.

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Without Connor we shouldnt even try to run the ball.

And Greene could break a few more tackles. Other than that he is almost fine.

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

so you just happened to start a thread about our rb being a "bust" after a major ass-kicking? total coincidence?

9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

That replay of the hit on his knee did not look good at all. I bet he missses time. Joe; I hope you are ready to pick up the biltz!

10. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Since returning to ground and pound these are his rushing avgs (starting with 1st NE game):

4.0, 3.5, 5.6, 4.0, and 4.7.....he's playing fine. This thread is a joke.

11. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

The only thing that bothers me about Greene is his lousy receiving skills. He's dropped at least 5 passes this year on checkdowns from Sanchez, and the one that turned into an INT last night was a backbreaker.

and yes I accidentally quoted my own post

#31 CurbYourEnthusiasm, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  12. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

And Thomas Jones is lighting it up in KC now right , different times , different OL's different gameplans.

13. quadcityjetsfan76

This is the answer everyone needs to be using. Greene by no means is a top tier running back, but he is in the top half (when allowed to perform). Our CS hits the panic button as fast as the SOJ fans start chirping. Don't take the ball out of his hands so early.

14. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

The stupidity is in the entire conclusion.

Thomas Jones success is in complete relation to the o-line and receiving 20-25 yds per game.

He was over 30 when we didnt resign him.

Stop bitching about nothing

15. superbowl3fan

superbowl3fan New Member

I'm a newbie, so play nice, but I really don't think it was Greene's fault. Greene averaged 4.7 yesterday but only carried 16 times. Obviously they had to forget the run in the 4th quarter, but I feel the loss yesterday was the game plan. NOT the play calling individually, but the "game plan". Rex's team can't outsmart Brady & Belicheck. The only way we beat the Pats with with smash mouth, ground and pound and emotion. They had neither yesterday.

I think Schotty & Rex looked at the Pat's banged up secondary and thought, "hey, we'll show ground and pound but come out throwing against their back up dbs. That'll fool 'em!" It did. For one dead end drive at the open. Then Bill did what he does best. He adjusted. He didn't wait 'till half time, he adjusted right away. What happens then? Sacks. Interceptions. Mistakes. Etc.

Look at it this way. You take away the fumbled punt, the missed field goal, even the end of the half "worst play ever" time out etc. The Jets still lose. Only by 1 touchdown maybe instead of 3, but we still lose. The time of possession what basically even. 30 minutes each team. The Pats scored 37. Do that math. That's over a point a minute. I know that sounds silly, but think about it. Every minute Brady has the ball is another point. It's more important to keep Brady off the field than to take advantage of a banged up secondary. If we took 5 or 10 minutes from them, and clean up the mistakes of course, then we at least have a close game.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of Sanchez. But when your game plan takes the ball out of a 4.7 per yard running back's hands and asks Sanchez to have a shoot out with Brady, who's mad at us about losing the playoffs last year AND mad about his team losing 2 in a row, then you're putting him and the team in a position to fail.

The problem was the game plan. Which falls on Rex, right? Rex, stick with what you know best. Talking' trash, getting the team excited even when they're under-matched, and grounding and pounding.

Who's with me?

16. perfectpackage99

drop pass wasn't his fault, Sanchez threw Greene a bullet, from up close and it was headed for his helmet, yes he could of done a better job catching the ball, but I think that was Sanchez's fault, I bet you our QB doesn't even have an IQ over 100.

17. IATA

IATA Trolls

i know right? 10 yards vs SD, 5 yrds vs Mia, 4yrds vs KC.

18. superbowl3fan

superbowl3fan New Member

Not greene's fault. At all.

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

i bet you this is a stupid conclusion to reach.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Shonn Greene is a good complementary back. He's the guy, like Derrick Ward with the Giants a few years ago or Willis McGahee with the Ravens, that you rotate in to give your main back a series or two off a game without losing a lot in the process.

He's just not good enough to be the main guy on his own. He could be in a balanced two back rotation, like the Giants have had with Bradshaw and Jacobs, and not hurt you but he's not going to carry the load himself.

The problem the Jets have right now is that they never replaced Thomas Jones when they let him go. They kept the complementary back and promoted him in the order but they didn't get another complementary back to rotate with him. LaDainian Tomlinson is a great leader for the Jets right now but he's also a third down back by trade. He doesn't have the 15 quality carries a game in him that the offense is missing and has been missing since Jones went away and was not replaced.