Sanchez and Schottenheimer are a joke.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AirStrike, Nov 14, 2011.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

And whose fault was it that Holmes had to stretch out for that opening drive catch and lose his balance when a good throw should have hit him in the numbers so he could stay in stride, burst up field and possibly in the end zone?

2. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

This article says it the best: (http://www.ganggreennation.com/2011...-does-not-deserve-free-pass-for-mark-sanchezs)

3. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Everyone is pointing their fingers at Sanchez/Shotty today. What about Pettine/Rex and the D. Everyone knows the way to beat the Pats offense is pressure up the middle and hitting their Wr's/Te's at the LOS.

The Jets kept rusing from the outside, and they played off the Pats recievers giving them a free run of the field. How many times were recievers wide open without a Jet in 10 yards of coverage. But yeah , hey its all on Sanchez/Shotty.

4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

defense was doing fine until they got winded from being out there forever.

6. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I don't buy it the TOP was Ne 30:07 Jets 29:53 , how about Rex and Pettine finding a way to stop the no huddle. How about a pass rush , how about knocking they're timing off by hitting their recievers at the line. The Jets and Rex beat NE last year in the playoffs by laying off in coverage, funny one team adjusted to this and it wasn't the Jets.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because the Jets have a different game plan in the playoffs and they don't vary from it much. Establish the run. Play action passes. Play heavy field position and force the opposing offense to go 80 yards on that defense over and over again.

There's no room for ego in the playoffs. The Jets have played much better there because all the personalities get submerged and the team becomes the big thing.

If Schotty called games in the playoffs the way he does in the regular season his role in the offensive ineptitude would become glaringly apparent and so he backs off to avoid displaying that to the NFL.

Sanchez makes his 25 throws a game without even thinking about whether he should be doing more because winning that game is the only important thing, not how the game was won.

The offensive line pushes people around to open up holes on the ground because they know that both Schotty and Sanchez are under control and what offensive lineman worth his salt doesn't want to push people around all game instead of dropping back in pass protection?

The formula for not losing the game on offense in the playoffs is pretty well tested at this point. Ultimately it's been the defense that has let us down the last two seasons as Rex's smoke and mirrors dissolved in the sunlight of playing a really good offense on the road.

I'm feeling pretty hopeless at this point. Neither side of the ball is good enough to get it done against a good team at this point and I have real doubts about the coaching on the offensive side and the personnel on the defense. I'd probably have doubts about the personnel on the offensive side too but until the coaching becomes championship caliber it doesn't matter whether the Jets are built to win on offense.

8. Elwood125

Elwood125 New Member

If Sanchez's first read isnt there, he looks lost... Its amazing to say that the Pats secondary last night was able to do that.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Were you watching the "everybody's covered" stuff that NBC repeatedly illustrated in the replays? How the hell does that secondary cover everybody like a glove for the three and four seconds that Sanchez actually had to throw the ball on those plays?

The success the Jets had last night was mostly timing routes. Quick hitters up the middle, slants across the middle, a few plays where somebody was left uncovered in a breakdown. There were probably fifteen plays last night where the Jets never had a chance to make anything happen because the pressure was immediate or the WR's could not get separation in the absence of pressure.

If you can't protect the QB or get open it almost doesn't matter what he's going to do with the ball in those situations. The best outcome is he manages to throw it away and Sanchez is not particularly good at throwing the ball away when everybody is covered and the pressure finally arrives.

#29 Br4d, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  10. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

For some reason the D blown some assignments. I saw it a few times, it's like they weren't set up right a few times and got caught off guard. I mean going all the way down the field with a minute and 20seconds before the half was a joke. What about Brady going no hudle, you mean to tell me we didn't know how to adjust to that. So, all the rest of the league should just go no hudle against us.

11. chibucks

chibucks New Member

my issue with playcalling or the decision making process from the OC is that they would do things that worked and worked... and then they'd try to do something else... march up the field with quick slants, outs, then decide to do a RB draw that loses you 5 yards... why can't they just keep doing the things that work and go to who's hot instead of crushing the momentum?

12. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Can you show me where somebody says Alex Smith is among the best qb's in the league?

13. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

after watching the giants game yesterday....if i was a giants fan id want the head of their OC.....3rd and 2 on the 7 and you go draw against that D? what a moron choke sh*t play call was that??

14. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

Nobodies ever fucking open it seems

Why is it that our receivers are always blanketed?

15. JFS76

JFS76 New Member

As my first post on this board I'd like to take this opportunity to say...FIRE SCHOTTY!

16. chibucks

chibucks New Member

i don't necessarily think it's that our receivers are always blanketed...

mehta had tweeted previously that it isn't that they aren't getting open, they're not getting fed.

as for the reason for this? not sure... OL time, indecision on the QB? hopefully it's figured out...

17. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I saw this on another site too. Where does this "short pass/no touch" stuff come from? Ever see Tom Brady throw a 5 or 10 yarder? It looks alot like a Mariano Rivera fastball......I'm thinkin that doesn't indicate a whole lot of "touch" either.......I've heard receivers say that Brett Favre broke fingers on his receivers, the ball came in so hard. The ball hits you in the hands, you have to catch it. End of story.

18. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Seriously dude how do you blame players not being lined up in the right spot about 5 times on Rex and Pettine?

19. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

How. I'll tell you how. How many times have the Jets faced a hurry up offense, how many times have they had problems against a hurry up - almost 100%. Rex and company know the PATS run a hurry up , this falls heavily on the coaching stuff the rest you can blame on lack of speed.

20. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Please go and become a Packers fan. Hand in whatever Jets apparel you have and go away