Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. casman02

casman02 New Member

Just saw Dick Cimini picked the Bills to win. Things are looking up for Gang Green

2. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I hope we stay on the ground and get 200 yards rushing today.

3. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

Merril Hodge just said the Bills defense is gonna give us fits because of Dareous and we won't be able to run the ball because our run game is terrible . I guess someone hasn't been watching us the past few weeks and also forgot we have the best C in football

4. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Brian Costello of the Post may be worse than Cimini. He always writes garbage. Anyway apparently we're going to get blown out, 35-17.

5. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Most of you are probably physically shaking scared to death at this point :grin:

6. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Aren't you the guy who was supposed ti above his head up a cow's ass or something?

7. TheTrap

TheTrap New Member

It's not necssarily true to say that he's been less effective - he's just given far fewer opportunities. The Bills barely return one KO per game (idk if it's a function of playing great kickers or more conservative ST or what, it's not like they aren't giving up points).

Where he has been very effective is running the WC on 2nd or 3rd and short. His conversion % is off the charts - something like 13/14 IIRC. They don't let him run the WC anywhere else on the field because Fitzpatrick has been too good to take away from center.

I think you'll see him get more touches when the weather gets bad, but we cant know how that will go. Chan Gailey is pretty innovative when it comes to running the ball though, so maybe it'll work out. I think as long as he keeps converting 3rd downs they got their money's worth.

8. TheTrap

TheTrap New Member

Mangold is a great center, one of the best. But Dareus absolutely ate the Redskins alive last week. Not to say that beating up Eric Cook is anything special, but Mangold is going to have his hands full. The talent gap between players in the NFL just isn't wide enough to think that Dareus would be utterly dominant one week and totally neutralized the next.

Either way I don't think it matters, the weakness of the Bills' run D is on the edges. So it's not like they're going to run at Dareus anyway.

9. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I dont get it, on the "pigskin pickem" and "yahoo pickem" Buffalo is a 66% to 33% favorite.

I mean seriously we've won our last 2 games and they only have one more win than we do. I try to look at this objectively with as little bias as I can and I still just dont see it. Their D sucks, Fitzpatrick has played average the last several weeks, other than Jackson (who is a baller) who do they have on offence? Stevie Johnson, he'll be on Revis island all day.

How are they favored so highly?

10. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

The Redskins have an awful line and they started John fucking Beck

11. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

It is with Mangold, time after time I've seen him turn dominant lineman into a non-factor.

The gap between Mangold and every other center in the league is that wide.

12. TheTrap

TheTrap New Member

Sure. Definitely true.

Doesn't mean it's meaningless, it's not like Joe Nose Tackle off the street would have had 2.5 sacks and drawn a bunch of penalties. You'd be putting your fingers in your ears to say otherwise.

Like I said though, doesn't really matter. I don't expect the Jets to attack the middle, but the edges.

13. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Actually, I was laughing at your picture on your Youtube channel. Don't those ear rings hurt?

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets can keep Fred Jackson and the Bills ground game under control: Jets 31-Bills 14.

If they can't: Bills 28- Jets 24.

15. TheTrap

TheTrap New Member

How would you define "under control"?

Jackson is going to get his yards either way, so what defines the split between a good game and a bad game?

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

I would define it as under 80 total yards and a TD.

If we dont let him rip off 40 yard plays at a time, its going to be a long day

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Under control means that he's not ripping off yardage in big chunks. He could go for 98 yards and the Jets would be okay as long as he didn't break them on a couple of drives and run wild at the end when the defense is tired.

Not under control is upwards of 100 yards and keeping the Jets defense on the field because he puts Fitzpatrick in manageable 2nd and 3rd down situations.

18. TheTrap

TheTrap New Member

Under 80 total yards would be extremely impressive for a guy averaging over 150. Jets would almost definitely win in that scenario.

Seems like kind of wishful thinking, though.

19. TheTrap

TheTrap New Member

Fair point. I believe Jackson leads the NFL in big-play runs (20+ yards), so shutting that down will be key.

20. 624

624 Banned

15 mph winds

55 degrees, sunny