Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. bizell

bizell New Member

indeed, yards per rush is important. If the Bills can run the ball like any of the past 3 opponents have run the ball, I feel confident they're going to win.
    (SD 25/96, MIA 25/118, NE 35/152)

2. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

WTF is a 'Bill' anyway?

A duck's mouth? Are other teams supposed to fear that?

They should have some self respect and call themselves the Buffalo Buffaloes or something.

3. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Again, you're using pointless statistics to try and prove some kind of point, and failing miserably.

Lets' break those games down, shall we?

San Diego - went to the run because their Pro Bowl QB couldn't get a thing going against the Jets' pass defence. Tolbert ran well against a DL missing a key part of its run D in Mike DeVito, but the Jets still won.

Miami - could have run the ball 200 yards without scoring because they kept starting with the ball inside their own 20. Jets won without breaking sweat.

New England - did a good job of using the threat of their passing game to keep the box clear, and BJGE had a good day.

If you had a clue about what you're talking about, instead of just quoting random stats you'd draw the example of the Raiders game where a similar back to Jackson took advantage of the edge repeatedly and punished the Jets' DL. Your best hope is a repeat of that performance from the Jets - but the difference there is that the Jets' O couldn't get anything going because two days previously they'd replaced Nick Mangold with a walk-on scrub.

The Bills will score some points on the Jets, but your best chance of the Jets scoring less is that they don't turn up again - because if the Jets' offence hits its straps as it has been starting to, the Bills' D is going to get punished.

4. bizell

bizell New Member

My point in quoting random stats was that if Fred Jackson can run the ball and put up numbers like those, Buffalo should win the game. If Jackson runs roughshod like McFadden did, then Buffalo wins big. If Jackson can't have a good game running, then I think the Jets will probably win. I don't have a good feeling about Buffalo if they have to pass to be able to move the ball.

#404 bizell, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I can understand that. I feel that if the NYJ establish the run as a threat, Sanchez will use PA all day and Jets will get it done on offense.... My expectation for the defense is that it will always keep them in the game. F Jackson will get his yards, he is beasting, but I think the Jets' D will be stingy vs the pass and hold Jackson to ~90 total yards.

24-16 JETS

6. Johnny English

But as I've just shown you, that's bullshit. Rivers / VJax / Floyd / Gates is a far better offence than yours, and their establishing some form of running game didn't make them any more effective in the air. Of the three games you quote only one team beat the Jets, and that's a team with a massively superior passing game to Buffalo's.

Why are you now quoting back things I said to try and prove the wrong points that you made?

Do us a favour and send the next troll in to have his turn, would you? You're clearly not cut out for this.

7. bizell

bizell New Member

Rivers this year is garbage. Fitzpatrick has thoroughly outplayed him. So no, I don't think Rivers/VJax/Floyd/Gates is a far better offense.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's a far more talented offense and Fitz has not played great since early in the season. he has nice #s but most of that damage was done early in the year w/ those great comebacks.

9. Johnny English

Well, you're the one who likes random stats - San Diego is 6th in total offence this season, Buffalo is 10th, whilst in passing offence SD is 6th and Buffalo 13th. Clearly San Diego with their QB playing like a tool is still a better offence than Buffalo with its QB and feature back both having career seasons, therefore if we accept your logic then you can't possibly make a case for San Diego's offence being anything other than massively superior.

This is like beating six year olds for their lunch money, except not quite as much fun.

10. bizell

bizell New Member

talent doesnt mean dick if you aren't producing, and philip rivers is having a terrible season. yes, fitzpatrick has cooled off since his ridiculous start but he's still playing very well.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Since his 3 game run he has 5 td's and 6 turnovers and has passed for over 200 yards twice. He is playing average football since that hot start.

12. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Remember when we ran for over 300 yards against you guys a few years ago and lost? ... What about the rest of the football team? You can't just rely on Jackson having a strong game and expect to come out with a win. Ask Sanchez and his 5 ints.

13. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

How dare you bring logic and facts to an illogical argument?!

14. bizell

bizell New Member

I do recall that game. Sanchez had a really, really, really bad game and that's an extreme case imo. But yes, I understand what you're saying. I don't think Fitzpatrick is going to struggle like that if Buffalo is able to establish the run.

edit: Santonio calling out to J-E-T-S fans to wear all green to counteract the white out @ The Ralph :lol:

15. mystikol

mystikol New Member

So did the Jets games against Jacksonville and Miami. The better argument is all the points given up on offensive turnovers that make that number look a good bit worse than it should.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

All of NYs eyes will be on lil Buffalo and lil New England.

It will be alot easier watching the Giants-Patriots if the Jets win. Then we get Steelers-Ravens.

Jets better win or else they could ruin a REALLY good Sunday.

17. RevisCromartieisland

yeah, if jackson can run for a mighty 3.9 yards per carry like the chargers did, the jets will sure pee themselves on the field. you got it, bucko.

18. bizell

bizell New Member

if he runs for 100 yards at 4 a pop, then he'll be doing a good job of controlling the clock and moving the chains (and hopefully not turning it over). i'll take it.

#418 bizell, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  19. RevisCromartieisland

the bills arent going to win with just that production

20. bizell

bizell New Member

That's very possible, but I guess we'll just see! This is the first time in forever I can remember the Bills being involved in a game that actually means anything for the AFC East race. If I'm wrong I'll gladly come back and admit it...